Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,980,361 Views | 231555 Replies | Last: 22 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
Chef Elko
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone watching IEP after the Hindenburg report? Inflated NAV and unsustainable dividend rate was noted in the report. Taking big swings at Carl Icahn with the report.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Danwell Home said:

Anyone watching IEP after the Hindenburg report? Inflated NAV and unsustainable dividend rate was noted in the report. Taking big swings at Carl Icahn with the report.

Will retrace but don't want to get in on something like that
Saltyag15
AG
I don't know how long it will last, but 2023 sure has been chop/bounce/fall rinse & repeat so far.
JuanDurfel
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

Danwell Home said:

Will retrace but don't want to get in on something like that
yea, I wouldn't want to mess with that.

I'm sure things will get messy with Hindenburg going after this titan. I'd end up just being collateral in the mess.

Remember Bill Ackman vs. Herbalife (Icahn)?
gougler08
AG
ACGN went to the moon all of a sudden on huge volumes, any news?
Spoony Love
AG
Looks like SPY is all settled in for FOMC
Swollen Thumb
AG
gougler08 said:

ACGN went to the moon all of a sudden on huge volumes, any news?
Have been looking and can't find anything, but something is up.
oldarmy1
AG
WWR with a explosion move back to $1.05. Get above $1.10 and the August $2 calls should bid $0.20. That would be a great target if you didn't have your GTC sell order overnight in place. I got to buy back all the shares that sold at $1.20. What's not to like?!
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Fsly flushing. Leak or shakeout?
FTAG 2000
AG
Charismatic Megafauna said:

Fsly flushing. Leak or shakeout?

Amazon's earnings statements on their cloud services point to some risk here for FSLY.

topher06
1 hour til the market pukes or rockets.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Por que no los dos?
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
It's okay to do nothing guys.
oldarmy1
AG

It's okay to do nothing guys.
It certainly is!

The unwinding of not only today's options but next several days will be wild. Direction will come sometime after the unwinding.,

krosch11
AG
Call that the Billy Bob puke and rally
oldarmy1
AG
And no one is surprised!
topher06
Anyone playing the announcement?
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Don't know. You're dealing with IV crush and theta. Bad combo man.
topher06
Oh, I'm not playing it except through a couple of covered calls on some of my SPY shares. I just want to live vicariously.
Mostly Foggy Recollection

Hey bud. So are you doing this full time now or still managing the corporate world alongside?

As for FOMC, I wouldn't play it. I don't do much in equities (or really the dollar) anymore, but what little I have played, I did take a SPY 415 call yesterday and ran it for a 60% gain this morning. That's how you play these choppy, government backed markets.
ProgN
Mostly Foggy Recollection said:

Hey bud. So are you doing this full time now or still managing the corporate world alongside?

As for FOMC, I wouldn't play it. I don't do much in equities (or really the dollar) anymore, but what little I have played, I did take a SPY 415 call yesterday and ran it for a 60% gain this morning. That's how you play these choppy, government backed markets.
Nice to see you again Foggy, I hope all is well with you.
oldarmy1
AG
topher06 said:

Anyone playing the announcement?
Only trading positions for FED I have is May 8 $420 25% of the total June $380 SPY Puts. So if I have 100 June Puts I have 25 May 8 SPY $420 calls. Bought those calls yesterday once the pivot confirmed off lows.

Here is my current look at SPX.

Mostly Foggy Recollection
Hey ProgN! I'm well, just raising two men and in the process of moving.

I hope all is well with you and yours.
fightintxag13
AG

topher06
IV crush got anyone playing so far, good call on the sit this one out.
bmoochie
AG
topher06 said:

IV crush got anyone playing so far, good call on the sit this one out.
yup. The first 1 minute candle is always fascinating and a site to see.
cryption
It's a wild candle I tell you what
Heineken-Ashi
Let me guess..

"We are going to stay at this level and monitor the data as it comes in to determine the path for future meetings"

The FED will not be lowering, but they will continue to kick the can and let the market think they might.

Remember, if they lower, inflation comes roaring back and the problems in our economy stay and likely get worse. If they raise, the create a quicker pathway and a deeper immediate drop with banking and commercial real estate contagions. If they stay right here for 1-2 years and constantly make the market think they might be dovish sometime in the future, the market will slowly bleed out and they think nobody will blame them.
“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
M4 Benelli
People, I use the term loosely as I'm describing lefties, think the economy is stronk. The Fed's plan will go along seamlessly.
SF2004
AG
If fed signals pause then blow off top might be possible.

Once paused however their will be a dash to the exits as people lock in T-Bills at peak rates. Why have funds in a volatile market when you can get 5.5% at much lower risk.

May not seem like a lot but with millions/billions it is real dollars with a good return at low risk.
gougler08
AG
SF2004 said:

If fed signals pause then blow off top might be possible.

Once paused however their will be a dash to the exits as people lock in T-Bills at peak rates. Why have funds in a volatile market when you can get 5.5% at much lower risk.

May not seem like a lot but with millions/billions it is real dollars with a good return at low risk.
I've been putting more in to my 4.2% yield savings account over last couple of months, I'll take that return on a relatively large chunk of capital for me at this point instead of leaving it sidelined
topher06
Exxon, of course, found a way to go down as a result of the news. Maybe this is just cycling out of energy.
Boy Named Sue
AG
I played both sides of it, with small profit exits, thinking that candle would be nuts. It worked.

Looks to be headed up from here. FJ had identified 413.23 as a key threshold back on 4/19, and I wonder if that still applies.
FTAG 2000
AG
topher06 said:

Exxon, of course, found a way to go down as a result of the news. Maybe this is just cycling out of energy.

None of what is happening with energy stocks makes sense. Feels like accumulation phase to me.

jimmo
XOM
took a small long here
First Page Last Page
Page 6099 of 6616

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.