Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,982,420 Views | 231555 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by Heineken-Ashi
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
How long do you want to ignore this user?
FJ43 said:

Did y'all make a buck today?

I bet you make a buck today.

See you Monday.
Boy Named Sue
AG
FJ43 said:

Had my best day by far since I started trading options in December, thanks to you and the other fine Ags (and one Baylor Bear) in this group
Dan Scott
AG
ExxonMobil had its best 1Q ever despite lower commodity prices. At $70 oil and $3 nat gas they still made 11B. Generated additional $3B of cash after dividends and buybacks. They are a juggernaut
FJ43
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

FJ43 said:

I bet you make a buck today.

See you Monday.

Trimmed here at 40%.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

Boy Named Sue
AG
VLO outlook from Morgan Stanley ($160 target): Valero Energy Corporation: Strong Results, Constructive Outlook
wanderer
BIGC had pretty decent support at ~7.75 that has since sliced right through.
oldarmy1
AG
4155 June Futures again.

Looks to reject first attempt.
oldarmy1
AG
Always good to see what other professionals are thinking.

wanderer
SPY right at MT ($414.05) from 1/4/22 ATH to 10/13/22 low.
Heineken-Ashi
oldarmy1 said:

Always good to see what other professionals are thinking.

This is great. What we are experiencing in the market is a true brawl between bulls and bears, void of stimulus and falling rates. Since Q3-22, we've been in a fairly stagnant rate spot. The only action has been in earnings and economic news. This a real fight.

That guy is your classic bull who think that because "what we've always known has always been, there can be no other going forward".

The other side of the coin, me specifically, sees that we've been in a long term pattern since the Great Depression, with the downturns in between fitting into that pattern. And the post COVID Blowout top broke that pattern. This why I believe the market has begun its big correction.

We both use history to support our positions. But where we differ is that he thinks the last 100 years are the way things will always be. I don't. I think we're in the process of correcting decades of central bank interference in the free market. And the bank might step in again and force a new phase of the charade. But the market clearly wants to correct. So any new action will just be met with an even more severe market reaction down the road.
“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
oldarmy1
AG
AAPL could see $180+ If you nabbed some May 5th calls I don't think you sell 50% to go net free. I think this is one time where you go for the brass ring. Maybe when you can sell 25% to go net free.
FJ43
Rolling May VIX 21s to June 23s.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

Ccutamu
Anyone watching UWMC today? An OA MA stock from a couple of years ago. PT raised to $6.50 today by JMP. Hell... it's trying to get there today up over 8%!
oldarmy1
AG
Didn't we talk about VIX likely below $15?

But offset it with BABA calls. Look at that chart.
wanderer
June call volume has decent action today. You waiting til 85.70 breaks to buy calls?
SF2004
AG
Warp speed Mr. Sulu!!!!!!

Looking like a blow off top and go away may maybe go away June.

Watch your stops if long!
FJ43
oldarmy1 said:

Didn't we talk about VIX likely below $15?

But offset it with BABA calls. Look at that chart.

Didn't catch that on VIX. I'm up and can scalp it a bit and buy back.

BABA calls incoming.

FJ43
June 90s had action yesterday.

Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
Quick check in. Here you go.

Looking at XOM 1Q23 "Investor Relations Data Summary (Page 1).....XOM bought back 39 million shares during Q1, or roughly 630,000 shares each and every trading day.....right on schedule....at 3:50pmET to 3:55pmET using the 1-Minute Volume to verify if necessary (usually at the 3:52pmET minute). Over the last 4 quarters XOM has bought back 170 million shares for an average of 42.5 million shares per quarter. There are 4.043B shares outstanding at the end of Q1 2023. That means there will be about 4 billion shares outstanding at the end of Q2 and XOM will be buying back over 1% of outstanding shares each quarter going forward.

XOM will move to a "Growth" stock versus a "Value" play - not forever - for the time being. The FCF is too large for investors to ignore. Oil will be moving up. Yep, $100+ per barrel in 23H2. $10 per gallon gasoline, give it to me. This should have all happened last year. Instead, we got interest rate hikes.

Give it hell boys, it's your only chance on earth.

FJ43 - Congratulations! You're the man!

Have a great weekend everyone!
cgh1999
AG
Closed out another set of ASO covered calls.

Actually bought some calls today. $63 is cheap. Should be able to double with any market support
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Not the moves I expected today. Really surprised we haven't dumped.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Guesses on the next 2 1/2 hours? Looking back at the last several monthly closes, seems like green rockets more often than not, but since i suck at this I'm trying to get flies filled for a 415 pin
FTAG 2000
AG
SPY looks to be putting in both a head and shoulders and a rounded top on the five minute.

So, probably green hammer.
irish pete ag06
AG
I am still bullish FUBO...

earnings are May 5.

Messing around on the option chain today and saw this...

Makes ya think.
wanderer
QQQ right at 8mo resistance
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Charismatic Megafauna said:

ProgN said:

Y'all see any news on FSLY?

You still like fsly? Might grab calls in the morning for earnings 5/3 if they're on sale due to NET. I was going to buy my june crwd calls back but with a month to go they will probably not get crushed like fsly's will with just a few days until earnings
I made a lot of money a year or so ago buying crwd calls when okta missed and brought the sector down, then crwd was rock solid as usual. I think it's a tight space and crwd (and maybe fsly) are stealing market share

Grabbed a couple 5/5 $16 calls for .45-.52 this morning. Fsly bounced better than crwd today, fishing for crwd june 9 calls now
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Charismatic Megafauna said:

I'm trying to get flies filled for a 415 pin

Come to papa
FJ43

Looking at XOM 1Q23 "Investor Relations Data Summary (Page 1).....XOM bought back 39 million shares during Q1, or roughly 630,000 shares each and every trading day.....right on schedule....at 3:50pmET to 3:55pmET using the 1-Minute Volume to verify if necessary (usually at the 3:52pmET minute). Over the last 4 quarters XOM has bought back 170 million shares for an average of 42.5 million shares per quarter. There are 4.043B shares outstanding at the end of Q1 2023. That means there will be about 4 billion shares outstanding at the end of Q2 and XOM will be buying back over 1% of outstanding shares each quarter going forward.

XOM will move to a "Growth" stock versus a "Value" play - not forever - for the time being. The FCF is too large for investors to ignore. Oil will be moving up. Yep, $100+ per barrel in 23H2. $10 per gallon gasoline, give it to me. This should have all happened last year. Instead, we got interest rate hikes.

You were the guide brother. I just pulled the trigger.

Muchas Gracias !!!

texAZtea
AG
FJ43 said:

You were the guide brother. I just pulled the trigger.

Muchas Gracias !!!
piggy backing on y'all's success

Sold XOM today at 119.44, rebought just now at 118.19.
FTAG 2000
AG
FTAG 2000 said:

SPY looks to be putting in both a head and shoulders and a rounded top on the five minute.

So, probably green hammer.

Thought I called it for a sec
FJ43
Buying Monday 415P lotto

Charismatic Megafauna
AG
I feel like Charlie Brown when Lucy pulls the football at the last second!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Pretty solid month for me.
Diggity
AG
how much of the company do you own at this point?
wanderer
Dang
First Page Last Page
Page 6091 of 6616

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.