Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,983,173 Views | 231557 Replies | Last: 8 min ago by Heineken-Ashi
Charismatic Megafauna
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I took the over today and it worked!!!
Ranger222
AG
Throwing out a low dollar healthcare company -- MDxHealth (MDXH)

They are a diagnostics company with their main test being for prostate cancer but are also building out other assays for other urological diseases. Recently approved last week to begin for their tests to be approved by medicare. That was one of the main risks that is now off the table.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Shut up and take my money!!!
Thanks for dropping in, Ranger!!!
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
market needs a news catalyst to start the move, I think.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
Brewmaster
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

market needs a news catalyst to start the move, I think.
a bad news headline, load shorts, then short squeeze would be hilarious.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Thanks. I'm good for 100 shares.
FJ43
Rangers MDXH held MT from recent low to high.
frankm01
EngrAg14 said:

Anyone have the earnings whisper calendar for this week and next if its out?

gougler08
AG
Some heavy hitters in that group, as 30k noted last night it sure feels like we will finally pick a direction this week
topher06
Weren't we still spending like drunken sailors as a society in q1? Can't imagine earnings mean too much until q2 earnings
Ag CPA
AG
Cowboys are F'd this season.
ProgN
Howdy gang, something to consider buying, shares not options. I started taking positions in $TFC (Truist Financial) today at $31.55 a share. It's a larger bank than $WAL and well capitalized. They also reported earnings last week so no stress over a negative report. I'm still holding my $WAL purchases at $30 but this looks like a great opportunity tomorrow and a lower price, especially with $FRC earnings hitting banks AH. I'll add more shares if I'm right. I think this will return to the $55-60 range in the next 12-18 months. In the meantime, it's paying a very nice 6.6% yield while you wait. I see this as a low risk, high reward situation.
lobwedgephil
FJ43 said:

I know you are in something similar, but this was interesting.

jimmo
similar?
I expect that is FJ w/ OA in there as well
Oh, i got my little VIX call position re-entered. Yall can head em up now &
move em out
jimmo
Boy Named Sue said:

Newbie questions I have that some others might benefit from: What, besides tax implications and liquidity, are the pros and cons of trading options in an IRA account? Do the same Pattern Day Trader rules apply? I'm googling and reading, but thought y'all would probably have other ideas beyond the basics.
I have an IRA I trade a little.
it is pretty much a tax free process until you take a distribution.
No PDT restrictions.
Option pros and cons would be the same as w/ any other account i expect.
In my case, I'm not allowed to short stocks.. so, options are handy for hedging or when one might take a short position.
FJ43
lobwedgephil said:

FJ43 said:

I know you are in something similar, but this was interesting.

Bring it on !!!

While I'd love a big Vol spike in the next week I'll take just a solid trade.

FJ43
Looking for the play on this. I'm thinking starting a vertical spread by buying the calls on any dip into support then selling the higher strike on any push into resistance. Maybe out to June. Slower moving but could make a buck.
topher06
FJ, have a prediction for the day? Spy looks like it'll open up down 2.00 after the futures market recovered a bit this morning. Seems like every day has gone red to green lately.
FJ43
topher06 said:

FJ, have a prediction for the day? Spy looks like it'll open up down 2.00 after the futures market recovered a bit this morning. Seems like every day has gone red to green lately.

If you look back at SPY charts I've posted the pattern, SRs, etc. remains. See where we are vs the trend line after days of chop. We are now here premarket. We bounce here or I think we see the 21ema or about 408.76ish. Getting tight.

This can go either way and is a traders market.

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I'm downward biased unless we recapture 4150 and 4160 on ES
FJ43

I'm with you. I could argue a recent double top. But…the inverted H&S I could also argue.

How's that for being a fence rider
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
A+

It does feel like the R:R isn't necessarily there if we keep trading in such a tight range.
Heineken-Ashi
FJ43 said:

I'm with you. I could argue a recent double top. But…the inverted H&S I could also argue.

How's that for being a fence rider

Watch out for splinters.
“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
FJ43 said:

Looking for the play on this. I'm thinking starting a vertical spread by buying the calls on any dip into support then selling the higher strike on any push into resistance. Maybe out to June. Slower moving but could make a buck.
I know you do your own DD, but here's some freebie - so take it for what it is worth.. XOM has & is experiencing some mass accumulation. First event March 15th to 21st and volume purchases were made at $99 to $107. Second event happening now. Current event is a little more distorted. Reason for the distortion, volume shares aren't available at sub $120 in the Regular Trading Session, regardless what the End of Day Volume reflects. When there are multi-day after hours adjustments made totaling of 2.5 million to 6.0 million in a single day, availability is a problem. Couple the volume tightness to XOM entering daily between 3:50 to 3:54pmET for their buyback of 580k to 640k shares (these are one tick trades and you'll see them if you look at one minute volumes...been happening everyday for over a year). Last, and I think this one is key for the nearby and your setup. MOPEX on Friday with XOM appeared to be pinned at $116. Share price settled at $116.01. I have no idea how many shares got Called away or Exercised, but it was cheaper to source shares in the Options arena then in the open market and Monday's price action proved that. That Friday "$116.01" Settlement was a thing of beauty. Look for $116 as some major support. Dips below $116, if it gets there, will be bought without doubt. I hope this helps you in some way.
Saltyag15
AG
Dang UPS is getting hammered this morning. Earnings look pretty good, but they are starting to forecast some slow downs in the future.

This one chaps me pretty good. I bought this in 2020 in the mid-90s and panic sold it on a macro tank. Would have doubled my money, and then some, on a great company. Knowing what I know now, I would have never sold a company like them on a macro pullback when positioned so well. Live and learn!
topher06
Held a couple of SPX puts overnight. Sold when it started running up this morning, like an idiot. Still good profit, but need to do stop loss or something next time.
FTAG 2000
AG
Saltyag15 said:

Dang UPS is getting hammered this morning. Earnings look pretty good, but they are starting to forecast some slow downs in the future.

This one chaps me pretty good. I bought this in 2020 in the mid-90s and panic sold it on a macro tank. Would have doubled my money, and then some, on a great company. Knowing what I know now, I would have never sold a company like them on a macro pullback when positioned so well. Live and learn!
User name checks out.
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
It's corporate speak now...."Recession", and if you're not speaking it you're obviously behind. It's BS.

I have to leave the names of these companies off the board. I have contacts telling me their companies (S&P fivehundo's) are going to rollout a program to their ee''s in "preparation for the recession". They want ee's to identify one thing they will do to help their company make it through the coming recession. (planting seeds much?). Get ready, if you're still in the workforce, you might be asked for your idea(s). Obviously, that type of request coming from corporate structure will be steered through HR to the organizations MBO's, KPI's, Goal's, etc. whatever document is being used for personnel work performance evaluations. Good luck.
FJ43
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I want to try a long bit just feel so low probability
FJ43

At about 408.76ish I could see a bounce there. Close anyway.
FJ43
FJ43 said:

At about 408.76ish I could see a bounce there. Close anyway.

A good flash down into 407.86ish even better for a bounce. Scalp only for me if I did it though.

FJ43
Great write up Farmer. Really appreciate it. Will level around that 116 mark.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
This is too wild
topher06
I'm reading that trading SPX options should get taxed at 60% long term and 40% short term. My Merrill account has a list of gains/losses, but shows all of these options as short term gains. Is the 60/40 thing still accurate and, if so, is this generally something you have to ask your accountant to manually complete (since I assume the tax form is just going to show all short term)?
First Page Last Page
Page 6082 of 6616

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.