Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,987,004 Views | 231572 Replies | Last: 39 min ago by El_duderino
Whitehouse Road
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We have WF and our mortgage ended up getting sold to them as well which makes it convenient. Our other option would be Prosperity which we looked into. I'm still undecided. I'm starting agree with cryptions sentiment that the big guys would probably be able to weather the storm.

I only keep 6mo salary there. The rest goes to VOO, gold, BTC, ammo, and becoming self sustaining.
Brewmaster
AG
cryption said:

I responded in your thread as well - but this is my uninformed take

I'm suspecting something like JP Morgan will weather the coming storm. Govt considers them too big to fail, lots of wealthy people have their money with them, and they'll end up buying local / regional banks that fail. I can see this whole banking thing causing a consolidation of banking to a few of the biggest players - and I reckon JP is one of them. The rich wont let their friends fail.
very solid take and I agree. thanks for posting!

sorry for the slight derail all.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
My mind is boggled at how I was so bullish on an ipo and then for some reason, somehow I didn't even buy it. I told all my family to buy ASO and didn't buy it myself.

$13-->$65

That said, any thoughts on it STILL being a good buy? MC around $5b, annual revs around $6b.
cgh1999
AG
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

My mind is boggled at how I was so bullish on an ipo and then for some reason, somehow I didn't even buy it. I told all my family to buy ASO and didn't buy it myself.

$13-->$65

That said, any thoughts on it STILL being a good buy? MC around $5b, annual revs around $6b.

I've accumulated more shares than I should have on a % basis. I've been selling covered calls every week on 15% of my shares. Usually sell the next weeks position. It's so range bound that I sell for $1-$1.25 and buy back in the $0.25-$0.30 range.

Lowered my cost basis by over $1 so far this year. If I get called, my position is more appropriately sized. If not, I'll keep making a couple hundred a week. Win/win.
Spoony Love
AG
If SPY loses 413, I don't see anything stopping it until 411.
Talon2DSO
AG
I bought for the dividend
cgh1999
AG
perma Brew doomster said:

cryption said:

I responded in your thread as well - but this is my uninformed take

I'm suspecting something like JP Morgan will weather the coming storm. Govt considers them too big to fail, lots of wealthy people have their money with them, and they'll end up buying local / regional banks that fail. I can see this whole banking thing causing a consolidation of banking to a few of the biggest players - and I reckon JP is one of them. The rich wont let their friends fail.
very solid take and I agree. thanks for posting!

sorry for the slight derail all.

In 2 years (or less), there will be dozens of threads about how pitiful the customer service is at JPM, Bank of America, Wells, etc. Moving to one of the mega banks because you're scared isn't always the best option.

Each persons financial situation is unique, so answering the question isn't as simple as you would hope. Over the last few weeks, everyone is looking at unrealized losses as the worst thing in the world. In a few months it will be CRE exposure. Then it'll be energy. Then credit cards or mortgages. That's the exciting thing about banking. You live on super low margins and could get taken down by dozens of different issues.

If you are below the FDIC limit, you should focus on customer service, convenience, and product offering. SVB failed on Friday and the customers had access to their deposits on Monday. It's not like the 80's where everything was manual and you had to wait in line. If you have a CC and/or a small secondary bank (or cash) you'll be fine for a 1 - 2 day delay.

The bigger banks have more branches, prettier websites, a few more products-but they will nickel and dime you with fees and pay nothing for savings. (Individual employees are good - but they have no authority to do anything significant to help clients)

The small banks will be friendly but not fancy. They'll pay you fairly for your deposits and be thankful for your business. The people you meet at the bank will have the ability to help you (or easy access to decision makers who can).

Now - if you're rich, you have more decisions to make and more options. You can use ICS to spread your deposits but still support your bank. You can go to a bigger bank which adds safety to your deposits, but you may not be important enough to get the loan structure you want.

If you're talking from an investment strategy, investing in the super conservative bank is safe and will provide a dividend but minimal growth. Investing in an aggressive bank will provide growth, but risk.
Boy Named Sue
AG
Too quiet in here. I'm buying SPY calls on next test of 414.50

Selling XOM CCs when/if it approaches 117 again
Boy Named Sue
AG
Glad I got pulled away for a work call and didn't see it re-test 414.5 again!
Spoony Love
AG
What a boring afternoon.
irish pete ag06
AG
Spoony Love said:

What a boring afternoon.
QQQ has been in a 9 point range since March 30
wanderer
Sometime it's better to be lucky than good.

4156 looked to be resistance on SPX so I bought 4150/4155/4160C flys for $1.10 at 2:05p. I rolled the dice the last few minutes and let them settle. SPX closed at 4154.87. $1.10 --> 4.87
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

Spoony Love said:

What a boring afternoon.

I added june qqq puts this morning but with tsla earnings tomorrow afternoon i may try and lighten up on those tomorrow
Heineken-Ashi
BKR earnings tomorrow. Beer candles are set up for a jump. And if it can finish the week above $31, it breaks the downtrend that started a year ago and it has runway into the $40's and even $50's.

36k calls today to only 4k puts.
“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
irish pete ag06
AG
Charismatic Megafauna said:

irish pete ag06 said:

Spoony Love said:

What a boring afternoon.

I added june qqq puts this morning but with tsla earnings tomorrow afternoon i may try and lighten up on those tomorrow
Just met with an investment company rep. Their CIO believes that the market and the fed are at odds. The market is pricing in cuts this year. The Fed is more than likely not cutting until 2024.

It's a game of chicken. I see big tech losing (but that's just me and that is financial advice however that does not mean it's good financial advice)
fightintxag13
AG
Since it's been on this thread's radar and my portfolio (Thank you for your insight Bonfire 1996), WAL beat earnings expectations.

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Monthly opex. Don't forget.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
lobwedgephil
Heineken-Ashi said:

BKR earnings tomorrow. Beer candles are set up for a jump. And if it can finish the week above $31, it breaks the downtrend that started a year ago and it has runway into the $40's and even $50's.

36k calls today to only 4k puts.
Mostly call writing, but put writing also.

FJ43
FJ43 said:

Watching to see 416.30s today. 418.31 next to upside. Watch 413.20s if it holds.

This held my 413.20s today. Let's see what tomorrow brings.

Held daily 5EMA. 416.30s will trigger next leg up.

I'm a redneck. Fade me.

irish pete ag06
AG
Redneck
Green account
FJ43
For selfish reasons….I want a volatility spike.

lobwedgephil
FJ43 said:

For selfish reasons….I want a volatility spike.

Look what they typically do after Vix expiration, which is tomorrow.

BaylorSpineGuy
So what's it gonna be FJ? 416 or puke?
FJ43
BaylorSpineGuy said:

Still feels and charts like another push up. 416s then 418s. I could be very wrong.

FWIW I have calls expiring Friday and May VIX calls. One more push and I'll exit the balance of my calls (took all but runners off with the open) then add to May 21C VIX.

lobwedgephil
BaylorSpineGuy said:

Why not both?
FJ43
lobwedgephil said:

BaylorSpineGuy said:

Why not both?

I think that will happen. Just not sure this week. Next week we shall see.
FJ43
SKEW up again.

Trade wisely!
BaylorSpineGuy
FJ43 said:

SKEW up again.

Trade wisely!

Yes. It has now exceeded March high when banks puked..
ProgN
I'd stress patience right now. I'm not in puts but I have built up cash and I'm very selective right now. I see the market overextended and don't want anyone to be stranded astronauts. The double upgrade of NVDA today from sell to buy with target raise from $175 to $355 is absurd to me. This "last bear of NVDA threw in the towel today" is a red flag for me. He initiated coverage of NVDA in Dec '22 when it was at $165 with a sell/reduce rating but 4 months later he double upgraded it to a buy and doubles his target price? He, or anyone else, didn't want to touch it when it was $110 but he wants retail to jump on the wagon now before earnings? Even if they crush earnings and spike, I wouldn't chase and get trapped or gamble with calls.

A lot of things are pointing to a recession but all the talk is focused on the fed will raise .25 basis points more but then will have to cut. The fed won't be cutting anytime soon. This smells too rosy to me to trap retail before summer. Don't let FOMO get you trapped, that's what they want. You also have multiple geopolitical issues that pose significant risks. Layoffs are still increasing and they wouldn't do that if they expect tough times ahead.

I've bought a lot of shares in FSLY at $13.50, U under $29, and WAL at $29.50 ( good earnings AH is positive ) but I will not chase. I will add more if it gets near $30 in a macro market selloff. I've previously posted all these trades in this thread should anyone want to factcheck.

Just be mindful and disciplined when choosing your trades, not emotional. Sell in May and go away might be fierce this year and I'd hate anyone in our clubhouse to take the bait and become bag holders.

This is JMO, do your own DD and make your own decisions.
EngrAg14
AG
My gut is telling me chop till Apple or Microsoft some big industry name has a earnings that barely beats.

Market goes rocket as a result and then the next few days everything misses massively and the market drops out.

We hit 420 then back to 390 within a weeks time.
Heineken-Ashi
If technicals don't show you what's next, and fundamentals don't line up, then follow emotions.

We're in a bear market until the market proves we're not. And we're going up in a bounce until a reason can be found to go down.

I know that sounds cryptically simple. But it's how it is. You all know the long term support and resistance areas. And you know the state of the economy. Stop guessing. We are melting up because negativity got ahead of its skis. Yes.. there will be a lower low. But not all at once. This is a long term deterioration of a century long bull market. It doesn't end overnight. It will eventually find its catalyst. Like I've said many times before.. we are in the beginning of the end of a long term cycle. A long term reset. Stop letting the news and events shape your trading. Trade the market in front of you and profit off the the fools who wait for news.
“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
FTAG 2000
AG
K-1s.
MRB10
AG
EY announced a 3,000 person layoff yesterday in the US. Just FYI.
ryanhnc10
AG
That's like less than 1% of their total workforce. Not sure that's a big deal
Buck Compton
AG
ryanhnc10 said:

That's like less than 1% of their total workforce. Not sure that's a big deal
Plus, isn't it bonus season in the Big 4 consulting wings? Time for some people to be aggressively "counseled out"….

And didn't they just spend like $100M just to finally decide not to split Audit from Consulting?
First Page Last Page
Page 6075 of 6617

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.