Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,173,772 Views | 232066 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by Heineken-Ashi
khkman22
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Trust Texas, the good old local bank when I was a kid that has opened several branches since I graduated high school:

35,760 thousand (unrealized losses)
43,299 thousand (capital)
BaylorSpineGuy
FYI, NVDA looks to possibly be putting in a bearish RDR. This is happening close to major resistance where it has been stuck for almost 3 wks.

Needs a close above yesterday close to confirm. Other criteria are already met.

If it still fails to achieve all criteria, may be forming a bearish harami/harami cross type pattern.
reineraggie09
AG
First Financial
Unrealized Losses - 631,188
Capital - 1,590,561
39.6%

VeraBank
Unrealized Losses - 33,527
Capital - 355,827
9.4%

Glad I chose Vera for my business bank. Something about a blind squirrel finding acorns.
aggiedaniel06
AG
fightintxag13 said:

I just realized that the mortgage company that just bought my new home mortgage is a subsidiary of Western Alliance Bank.

So what does that mean for someone who is borrowing from one of these troubled banks?
Congrats on your free house!
spud1910
AG
reineraggie09 said:

First Financial
Unrealized Losses - 631,188
Capital - 1,590,561
39.6%

VeraBank
Unrealized Losses - 33,527
Capital - 355,827
9.4%

Glad I chose Vera for my business bank. Something about a blind squirrel finding acorns.
I saw that. I have been using Vera for almost 50 years since they are my hometown bank. I don't like it as much as when they were Citizens National, but glad to see this.
reineraggie09
AG
Been great for me. Most banks laughed at our business start up loan request. I think the request was too low for most banks to care. Vera gave us a shot and we are off the ground. 6 months in and couldn't have done it without them.
Heineken-Ashi
A lot of you need to pull your head out of the weeds and look out over the field.

Our entire economy is built on money that didn't exist before the snap of a finger. It isn't backed by anything and there's nothing that can support it when push comes to shove. Through a combination of accounting tricks and mass ignorance developed over time, the world has forgotten that the majority of the economy we know is completely propped up by faith. Faith in the "system". Faith in the people running the system. Faith in the power of the USA. Faith in.. well.. continued ignorance.

At some point in time, whether soon, 1 year, 10 years, who knows, the majority of the public who make up the sentiment that keeps faith in the system will realize that the "value" of everything in the system is FAR LESS than what it appears to be.

What is a market correction? It's when investor sentiment drops and market valuation is reset. And the reason you're so accustomed to your faith in the system is because the system has always pulled a lever (that they created and only they can pull) that injects a new batch of fake value into the economy during a crisis correction event that THEY CREATED. This allows the valuations to jump again as the fake money trickles through the banks, the government, and ultimately, the economy. Much of this fake money is then used to lever up into even more fake money. Much of it is used on speculation. But at the end of the day, we still have the same general economy. Except now, the things we purchase appear to be more expensive, companies appear to be more profitable, and the banks collect REAL interest on what started as literally nothing after they almost collapsed from their own failed business practices. Then we the middle class get to pay perpetual taxes that we didn't vote for. This is called inflation. And yes, that 2% target you love is the exact number they have realized that they can tax you at before you wake up and realize something doesn't feel right. But you get your V-shaped bottom and you pour a glass of whiskey and count your "winnings".

But at some point, the system either can't pull that lever due to a loss of faith in the system, or it will pull it one too many times and crush itself under the weight of excessive inflation. we might not be there yet, but we're very close. If the FED can't raise rates or keep them at this historically normal level because it will cause a cascade of bank collapses, but they can't drop rates because it would cause runaway inflation that would expose their phony economics to even the most faithful and ignorant, then they have to make a choice. And you think the organization that started as a partnership between the most wealthy bankers and government politicians is going to let their own membership fail and lose money and power? They might attempt to throw some smaller players under the bus (cough.. SVP), and maybe a big partner royally screws up, nearly exposing the ponzi scheme they all participate in, and have to be publicly hanged to gaslight the masses that it was really really just this one idiot, not the system itself(2008), but ultimately, they will really only have two options.

1. Pull the lever again. The result will be dropping rates and the appearance of the end of this "correction". Inflation will run wild. The only thing that can save them is hopes that the general populace can be subverted into complete ignorance as to what's killing them. And honestly, I can't discount this possibility. We can't even define what a woman is.

2. Parachute out and let the system burn. This likely doesn't happen unless they've got the new system planned for and ready to turn the engine on. This is the "CBDC" and "New World Order" conspiracy theories you hear about and discount because of your faith and ignorance in the system. But go do your homework. Before the conspiracy theory was about CBDC, it was about "newly minted money". People warned us decades ago about what was coming. But we had A LOT of faith in the system and just couldn't possibly imagine things getting that bad. But this is not a new theory.

And if you truly understand how this is all works from above the weeds, you know that these are the only two options. I, personally, expected the FED to continue to raise or keep rates higher longer.. at least through the end of this year or next year. I didn't foresee the bank collapses coming this quickly. And perhaps they still haven't and the masses can be convinced to stay ignorant a bit longer. Maybe XLF bottoms soon and we get a nice V into a new high. And maybe with that the FED gets rates up a little higher and maintains for a year. I'm not a time traveler. But I know what the only two options are in times of crisis. And our economic backdrop has us closer to option 2 than ever before. So maybe this next one isn't the big one. Maybe they can pull the lever oooonnnneee more time. I mean.. I see how many of you still think the FED actually has your best interests at heart. So maybe the ignorance can last even despite the dagger sticking in your back.

Whatever you believe, you've been given multiple warnings and multiple chances to prepare yourself. In the event that values are being completely reset, you want to own things that aren't manipulated by printing presses. Precious metals, real estate (just make sure your debt isn't too high or you will find out real quickly who actually owns it), Bitcoin (No different than the others, as long as you are ok not actually being able to physically touch it.. ever), etc. If you don't own at least a percentage of things that have borderless value without being tied to the dollar, then you are completely tied to the mass faith of the system with no true hedge.

Here's GOLD vs the dollar. The dollar is that stable orange line at the bottom. This makes it appear GOLD is rising like crazy in value over time! Similar to a chart of BTC over the last 10 years.

In the 1920's you could get a 1lb steak for $0.40 per lb. 1 oz of GOLD was worth $20 and change. So 5lbs of steak was worth 0.10oz GOLD. How many ounces of GOLD does it take to buy a 1lb steak today? See for yourself.

See, the value of steak hasn't really changed. And you can't argue the quality has either. I bet we still get the same satisfaction our grandparents did in the 20's. These items still move up and down against each other based on supply & demand of each, farming and ranching productivity, yield, and efficiency, mining and exploration productivity, yield, and efficiency, transportation costs, processing and warehousing costs, and ultimately, retail and brokerage costs. But at the end of the day, if your cash was always in GOLD, a 1lb steak is still worth relatively what it was worth to your grandfather and his grandfather. But we have to use dollars that are constantly printed out of thin air by the FED thus devaluing the purchasing power. So we think steak is going up. We think GOLD hasn't done anything compared to stocks that are valued in dollars. In reality. Steak is the same. GOLD has HELD it's value over a LOOONG time. The dollar has been absolutely decimated. And will continue to be for as long as they can force us to keep ignorant.

So stop viewing things as how many dollars they are worth. They are worth roughly what they've always been worth in true value. Start asking what the dollar is worth. Because where the dollar goes is what's important. And when the dollar can no longer be manipulated lower, what things are worth in relation to it are going to fall. Dramatically. But if your assets are in things that have been historically stable, you have the best chance to not suffer, assuming you can keep and protect your assets.

** Sorry for the edits, I get typing and make some errors.
"H-A: In return for the flattery, can you reduce the size of your signature? It's the only part of your posts that don't add value. In its' place, just put "I'm an investing savant, and make no apologies for it", as oldarmy1 would do."
- I Bleed Maroon (distracted easily by signatures)
spud1910
AG
reineraggie09 said:

Been great for me. Most banks laughed at our business start up loan request. I think the request was too low for most banks to care. Vera gave us a shot and we are off the ground. 6 months in and couldn't have done it without them.
Yeah, dealinig with local banks instead of the big ones sure is nice for stuff like that.
aggiedaniel06
AG
AgShaun00 said:

I think I know the answer to this, but I bought SBNY puts Friday and it is permanent halt. I am screwed right?
You'll be fine, but it might take a while. Right now there are no shares available, even if one wants to exercise.

OCC will suspend expiries and the broker-CC-MM mechanism will sort out the settlement. The only issue we are facing is that this might go to litigation and the closing price for SBNY may not be decided for a while.

I also have puts on SBNY and SIVB and even short shares that need to be closed.
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
Bonfire1996 ( or anyone else familiar with this report) - Am I viewing this correctly?

Citizens State Bank, Buffalo, TX (parent of Citizens State Bank, West TX that I cannot locate on the search)

(in thousands)
Page 11

Line 10. Other Comprehensive income = -222,274

Line 12. Total bank equity capital end of the period (sum of items 3 through 11) = -44,345

-222,274 / -44,345 = 5.01....so losses are 500% of their NEGATIVE equity?

Thank you in advance
M4 Benelli
Heini, youre a smart mofo.

I got nothing to add, brain too smooth.
fightintxag13
AG
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

Bonfire1996 ( or anyone else familiar with this report) - Am I viewing this correctly?

Citizens State Bank, Buffalo, TX (parent of Citizens State Bank, West TX that I cannot locate on the search)

(in thousands)
Page 11

Line 10. Other Comprehensive income = -222,274

Line 12. Total bank equity capital end of the period (sum of items 3 through 11) = -44,345

-222,274 / -44,345 = 5.01....so losses are 500% of their NEGATIVE equity?

Thank you in advance
I reverse calculated Bonfire1996's example for Frost Bank. I'll use your bank as the example Farmer.

You take Line 12 (-44,345)

ADD Line 10 (+222,274). (So -44,345 + 222,274 = 177,929) This gives you their total capital along with their different potential incomes.

Now divide... 222,274 / 177,929 = 1.25 or 125% unrealized losses.
Duh,...yep. Should have added in. (I knew that) Thank you very much! Party lasted way too long last night and I'm still reeling.
reineraggie09
AG
Is Heineken my dad? Swear I've heard these arguments over the dinner table. Cattle paid for nearly everything in the house so definitely some steak examples.
BaylorSpineGuy
RDR confirmed on NVDA.
bmoochie
AG
BaylorSpineGuy said:

RDR confirmed on NVDA.
didn't you say it needs to close above yesterdays close first??
fightintxag13
AG
Boy I bet you are popular at parties.

But seriously, thanks for the insight. I can't argue with literally anything that you just said. You're right that the Fed is between a rock and a hard place. They cannot win right now.
techno-ag
AG
fightintxag13 said:

I just realized that the mortgage company that just bought my new home mortgage is a subsidiary of Western Alliance Bank.

So what does that mean for someone who is borrowing from one of these troubled banks?
As stated, the mortgage will outlast an originator going belly up. You'll still be paying somebody.
BaylorSpineGuy
Sorry! You're right. Yes, should close above yesterday close. It has overtaken yesterday close so will need to see closing price.
ProgN

Nasdaq and QQQ going green. Very bullish if it holds.
FTAG 2000
AG
Heineken-Ashi said:

A lot of you need to pull your head out of the weeds and look out over the field.

Our entire economy is built on money that didn't exist before the snap of a finger. It isn't backed by anything and there's nothing that can support it when push comes to shove. Through a combination of accounting tricks and mass ignorance developed over time, the world has forgotten that the majority of the economy we know is completely propped up by faith. Faith in the "system". Faith in the people running the system. Faith in the power of the USA. Faith in.. well.. continued ignorance.

At some point in time, whether soon, 1 year, 10 years, who knows, the majority of the public who make up the sentiment that keeps faith in the system will realize that the "value" of everything in the system is FAR LESS than what it appears to be.

What is a market correction? It's when investor sentiment drops and market valuation is reset. And the reason you're so accustomed to your faith in the system is because the system has always pulled a lever (that they created and only they can pull) that injects a new batch of fake value into the economy during a crisis correction event that THEY CREATED. This allows the valuations to jump again as the fake money trickles through the banks, the government, and ultimately, the economy. Much of this fake money is then used to lever up into even more fake money. Much of it is used on speculation. But at the end of the day, we still have the same general economy. Except now, the things we purchase appear to be more expensive, companies appear to be more profitable, and the banks collect REAL interest on what started as literally nothing after they almost collapsed from their own failed business practices. Then we the middle class get to pay perpetual taxes that we didn't vote for. This is called inflation. And yes, that 2% target you love is the exact number they have realized that they can tax you at before you wake up and realize something doesn't feel right. But you get your V-shaped bottom and you pour a glass of whiskey and count your "winnings".

But at some point, the system either can't pull that lever due to a loss of faith in the system, or it will pull it one too many times and crush itself under the weight of excessive inflation. we might not be there yet, but we're very close. If the FED can't raise rates or keep them at this historically normal level because it will cause a cascade of bank collapses, but they can't drop rates because it would cause runaway inflation that would expose their phony economics to even the most faithful and ignorant, then they have to make a choice. And you think the organization that started as a partnership between the most wealthy bankers and government politicians is going to let their own membership fail and lose money and power? They might attempt to throw some smaller players under the bus (cough.. SVP), and maybe a big partner royally screws up, nearly exposing the ponzi scheme they all participate in, and have to be publicly hanged to gaslight the masses that it was really really just this one idiot, not the system itself(2008), but ultimately, they will really only have two options.

1. Pull the lever again. The result will be dropping rates and the appearance of the end of this "correction". Inflation will run wild. The only thing that can save them is hopes that the general populace can be subverted into complete ignorance as to what's killing them. And honestly, I can't discount this possibility. We can't even define what a woman is.

2. Parachute out and let the system burn. This likely doesn't happen unless they've got the new system planned for and ready to turn the engine on. This is the "CBDC" and "New World Order" conspiracy theories you hear about and discount because of your faith and ignorance in the system. But go do your homework. Before the conspiracy theory was about CBDC, it was about "newly minted money". People warned us decades ago about what was coming. But we had A LOT of faith in the system and just couldn't possibly imagine things getting that bad. But this is not a new theory.

And if you truly understand how this is all works from above the weeds, you know that these are the only two options. I, personally, expected the FED to continue to raise or keep rates higher longer.. at least through the end of this year or next year. I didn't foresee the bank collapses coming this quickly. And perhaps they still haven't and the masses can be convinced to stay ignorant a bit longer. Maybe XLF bottoms soon and we get a nice V into a new high. And maybe with that the FED gets rates up a little higher and maintains for a year. I'm not a time traveler. But I know what the only two options are in times of crisis. And our economic backdrop has us closer to option 2 than ever before. So maybe this next one isn't the big one. Maybe they can pull the lever oooonnnneee more time. I mean.. I see how many of you still think the FED actually has your best interests at heart. So maybe the ignorance can last even despite the dagger sticking in your back.

Whatever you believe, you've been given multiple warnings and multiple chances to prepare yourself. In the event that values are being completely reset, you want to own things that aren't manipulated by printing presses. Precious metals, real estate (just make sure your debt isn't too high or you will find out real quickly who actually owns it), Bitcoin (No different than the others, as long as you are ok not actually being able to physically touch it.. ever), etc. If you don't own at least a percentage of things that have borderless value without being tied to the dollar, then you are completely tied to the mass faith of the system with no true hedge.

Here's GOLD vs the dollar. The dollar is that stable orange line at the bottom. This makes it appear GOLD is rising like crazy in value over time! Similar to a chart of BTC over the last 10 years.

In the 1920's you could get a 1lb steak for $0.40 per lb. 1 oz of GOLD was worth $20 and change. So 5lbs of steak was worth 0.10oz GOLD. How many ounces of GOLD does it take to buy a 1lb steak today? See for yourself.

See, the value of steak hasn't really changed. And you can't argue the quality has either. I bet we still get the same satisfaction our grandparents did in the 20's. These items still move up and down against each other based on supply & demand of each, farming and ranching productivity, yield, and efficiency, mining and exploration productivity, yield, and efficiency, transportation costs, processing and warehousing costs, and ultimately, retail and brokerage costs. But at the end of the day, if your cash was always in GOLD, a 1lb steak is still worth relatively what it was worth to your grandfather and his grandfather. But we have to use dollars that are constantly printed out of thin air by the FED thus devaluing the purchasing power. So we think steak is going up. We think GOLD hasn't done anything compared to stocks that are valued in dollars. In reality. Steak is the same. GOLD has HELD it's value over a LOOONG time. The dollar has been absolutely decimated. And will continue to be for as long as they can force us to keep ignorant.

So stop viewing things as how many dollars they are worth. They are worth roughly what they've always been worth in true value. Start asking what the dollar is worth. Because where the dollar goes is what's important. And when the dollar can no longer be manipulated lower, what things are worth in relation to it are going to fall. Dramatically. But if your assets are in things that have been historically stable, you have the best chance to not suffer, assuming you can keep and protect your assets.

** Sorry for the edits, I get typing and make some errors.

This sounds like the Ghost of JeffHamilton82.
BlueTaze
CVNA looking good in the $6 range for a good bounce. Some technical support and a potential macro rebound near term. Going with $10 April calls.
ProgN
AMD breaking out, if markets don't meltdown it could really go.
Boy Named Sue
AG
ProgN said:

AMD breaking out, if markets don't meltdown it could really go.
Premiums looked pretty juiced to me, though.
BaylorSpineGuy
bmoochie said:

BaylorSpineGuy said:

RDR confirmed on NVDA.

RDR confirmed on NVDA.
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
BaylorSpineGuy said:

bmoochie said:

BaylorSpineGuy said:

RDR confirmed on NVDA.

RDR confirmed on NVDA.
Saying FU to my $160 Puts by May 1st.
bmoochie
AG
Nice. Expectations now to breakthrough this resistance level then?
I always wondered if JeffHamilton82 was the Jeff Hamilton '82 that I knew.
BaylorSpineGuy
bmoochie said:

No! I bought the 200P for 5/17.

The RDR was reversing two days of gains. In effect, a hanging man at the upper bounds of resistance!
ProgN
Red Pear Luke (BCS) said:

BaylorSpineGuy said:

bmoochie said:

BaylorSpineGuy said:

RDR confirmed on NVDA.

RDR confirmed on NVDA.
It would take a total collapse to get near that price by 5/1. Get out if they have any value left.
BaylorSpineGuy
Tech may be close to rolling over. I suspect it starts tomorrow if not, then next week.
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
ProgN said:

Red Pear Luke (BCS) said:

BaylorSpineGuy said:

bmoochie said:

BaylorSpineGuy said:

RDR confirmed on NVDA.

RDR confirmed on NVDA.
It would take a total collapse to get near that price by 5/1. Get out if they have any value left.

I got stop loss'd at 45% Loss :/
bmoochie
AG
BaylorSpineGuy said:

bmoochie said:

No! I bought the 200P for 5/17.

The RDR was reversing two days of gains. In effect, a hanging man at the upper bounds of resistance!
I am in 5/17 $180P so I don't want that either. Just trying to understand as I thought RDR is bullish? But I see now that your original post stated bearish RDR so apologies.
BaylorSpineGuy
No worries. They can reverse from either direction. It's just a set up. My puts were entered around the 235-236 range, so not perfect entry but will hold.
bhanacik
AG
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

I always wondered if JeffHamilton82 was the Jeff Hamilton '82 that I knew.

I bought some tickets from that dude years ago in Dallas. Believe it was either men's or women's basketball
First Page Last Page
Page 6027 of 6631

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.