Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,979,065 Views | 231555 Replies | Last: 20 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
Chipotlemonger
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My first thought as well
FishrCoAg
AG
Troy91 said:

Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

ProgN said:

We have a lot of professionals on this thread so please read this OP and you can reply here if you like because F16 does cause cancer. I'm genuinely curious to know how this is legal in any state.

https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/3366883

In the 70's, I was told it was 10 years in TX (claiming squatters rights), i.e. after taking care of someone's property, mowing, using, up-keeping, etc. Stuff has changed since the 70's. That's all I got..
Texas has a series of different time frames under different fact patterns. Here is a high level overview: https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/who-can-claim-property-based-adverse-possession-texas.html

Having tried a few of these cases, the evidence is hard to develop and verbal agreements tend to be remembered differently once litigation begins.
W
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Seems like he's full of *****
Philip J Fry
AG
Why? I've seen multiple news stories about first republic now.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
This got my attention.

BaylorSpineGuy
Did anyone else pick up that Friday was the anniversary of the market bottom in 2009? Interesting historical note.
FJ43
Read the same. Let's see which way.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

Dan Scott
AG
I've got a feeling there will be a massive rally this week. The fed will protect deposits, CPI report will cool, fed will go back to 25 bps. I think the market is fine with with higher for longer but this week Powell starting talking faster rate hikes. Not going to happen now. The SVB stuff will be a nothing after deposits are protected and we regain what we lost. We see S&P 4000 before S&P 3800.
Ag CPA
AG
I bet we see 3800 tomorrow, investors are spooked regardless of SVBs outcome.
ChemAg15
AG
The market will drop quickly on Monday to scare the little investors. Meanwhile the market makers will buy low and drive the price high in the afternoon.
Boy Named Sue
AG
ChemAg15 said:

The market will drop quickly on Monday to scare the little investors. Meanwhile the market makers will buy low and drive the price high in the afternoon.

This is how I feel, but I do think a crash is coming soon. I may buy CEF or another gold fund
ChemAg15
AG
I bought spy puts and BAC stock on Friday. I'm planning to sell the puts Monday morning once the dust clears, whichever way it goes. I'm hoping the bank crisis is an over reaction or else it might not matter what moves I'm making.
Dan Scott
AG
Crypto up 5%

Is this risk on or people losing faith in US banking system?
Premium
AG
Dan Scott said:

Crypto up 5%

Is this risk on or people losing faith in US banking system?

When it drops 8% in one day I don't think going up 5% means what you think it means
slacker00
AG
There was also a bunch of people afraid of holding stable coins with ties to SVB. One of the quickest ways to dump the stables in DeFi space is to buy something.
BaylorSpineGuy
Tricky week with the bank fiasco leaving everyone on edge Friday followed by CPI Tues. a hot number there will have people on edge. I'll bet options are gonna be juiced too by then.

This is OpEx week too (March 17 expiry) as if it were more straightforward. VIX expires March 22.
BaylorSpineGuy
N/A
Dan Scott
AG
And looking at technicals, 3850ish looks like solid support, RSI is approaching oversold, and there is almost always a backtest of the 200ma when it's breached. The 200 right now at 3940. Id love a gap down to buy calls.
Dan Scott
AG
This is bullish

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I tend to want to fade CNBC. Anytime I see "market in turmoil" or "crisis", I tend to want to do the opposite.
Ag CPA
AG
Dan Scott said:

And looking at technicals, 3850ish looks like solid support, RSI is approaching oversold, and there is almost always a backtest of the 200ma when it's breached. The 200 right now at 3940. Id love a gap down to buy calls.
Just feels like one of those weeks where the technicals aren't going to mean much.
Dan Scott
AG
Futures rip on the news all deposit will be safe.
cgh1999
AG
https://www.federalreserve.gov/newsevents/pressreleases/monetary20230312b.htm

Not sure how the taxpayers won't pay…but good news for the markets.
ProgN
Regulators close New York's Signature Bank, citing systemic risk

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/03/12/regulators-close-new-yorks-signature-bank-citing-systemic-risk.html?__source=iosappshare%7Ccom.apple.UIKit.activity.CopyToPasteboard
Dan Scott
AG
Fed was created to prevent bank runs. They are lender of last resort. They just did their job. Taxpayers would have been more screwed if this didn't occur and then have more money spent with the stimulus that would occur.
techno-ag
AG
Anybody who wants their money in the morning will get it.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/federal-reserve-rolls-out-emergency-measures-to-prevent-banking-crisis-ba4d7f98
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
This is very fast futures action
SF2004
AG
Market propped up again and protection from bad decisions of the elite.

Plunge protection team.
Dan Scott
AG
I think Bitcoin will rally hard. Looking at MARA and MSTR. What's going on is essentially why Bitcoin was created.
bmks270
AG
SF2004 said:

Market propped up again and protection from bad decisions of the elite.

Plunge protection team.

The startup investors may be "elite" but most of the founders and employees that need access to the capital are not.
bmks270
AG
tremble said:

Reading his Twitter and this guy should probably be in jail. Providing no sources and likely fomenting a panic on a bank that is pretty dissimilar from SVB.

I do agree, but I think the reports of lines at the bank yesterday are true. It doesn't mean it's a run or that the bank is failing.

This guy is fear mongering.
jamey
AG
I screen shot this one because he always Tweets and deletes soon after

jamey
AG

techno-ag
AG
WSB joke. Hope we're still laughing next week.

BenTheGoodAg
AG
First Page Last Page
Page 6020 of 6616

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.