Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,981,737 Views | 231555 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by Heineken-Ashi
HoustonAg2014
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wasn't $1.36 the next big resistance for WWR? Seems it hit that then came back a bit
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Wow. Wild moves
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Sold a 3975/3960 put spread for $11.

Lotto obviously
ryanhnc10
AG
What are the boards thoughts on JD for a >12 month hold from these levels?
oldarmy1
AG
ryanhnc10 said:

What are the boards thoughts on JD for a >12 month hold from these levels?
You have s imilar volume spike on 10/24 that proved to be a reversal. I like it better when you have this volume and a reversal intraday. Not touching it for now. If I were to attempt to see if it reverses I'd grab the Mar 17 42.50 calls under $1 with a $0.75 stop and sell 75% if you get $2 and 25% go for the gold with a trailing 15% stop.

EDIT Re-read your 12 month scencario. Still would use cheap calls for your entry, to see if you get upside movement. You can still follow the sell 50% up $1 and then call out shares if above your strike into expiration.
ryanhnc10
AG
Thanks for the reply, makes sense
oldarmy1
AG
ryanhnc10 said:

Let me tweet another approach I use in bear markets and paste it here.
FTAG 2000
AG
wanderer said:

You still flipping LABU? It's at the bottom of it's support (and yes I realize S/R doesn't mean much when you're talking leveraged ETFs)

.....and also.....PPG is at 130
Welp, if you liked LABU earlier this morning, you should love it for entry now.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Should have bounced by now. I'm assuming this will be a loss.
oldarmy1
AG
oldarmy1 said:

ryanhnc10 said:

Let me tweet another approach I use in bear markets and paste it here.

I love doing this at these big volume days because either it will rebound well or fail. I don't want to be a bag holder long on failing stocks, so use a 50% covered call approach and use the premium from the covered calls to buy your put side protection on all 100% of a stock in a downtrend. If it keeps going down the premium on the calls will be earned into your account. The $42 puts mean you can't lose more than the small difference between premium call earned and cost of in the money puts.

If brave you can buy the shares here and wait to see if a rebound into last hour but the strategy DEMANDS you do not go into tomorrow without cover.

oldarmy1
AG
Watch LADR REIT favorite for coming under the $10 level for entry. Dividend yield would be over 9% and you look to sell 50% over $12 each time. Been magical for long time and see nothing to disrupt that apple cart.
oldarmy1
AG
Also on that put call strategey with shares, if big moving stocks then go 70% covered calls and still 100% put protection. Who cares about the potential called out shares. This approach gets you in the market with little to zero risk and lets you reap rewards or end with either a tiny profit or tiny loss.
Carioca Corredor
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Watch LADR REIT favorite for coming under the $10 level for entry. Dividend yield would be over 9% and you look to sell 50% over $12 each time. Been magical for long time and see nothing to disrupt that apple cart.
Holder of LADR since 2018. Dropping below $10 is 2020/2021 era. Bought more then and will buy more under $10. The DIV has been solid
oldarmy1
AG
Carioca Corredor said:

oldarmy1 said:

Holder of LADR since 2018. Dropping below $10 is 2020/2021 era. Bought more then and will buy more under $10. The DIV has been solid
And the Dividend church said.....AMEN!
Boy Named Sue
AG
And bought SPY 390Ps. Hate rooting for a crash but if I have to watch the house burn I might as well roast some marshmallows.
Philip J Fry
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

Should have bounced by now. I'm assuming this will be a loss.

Glad I'm not the only one in this boat.
Carioca Corredor
oldarmy1
AG
I know I keep harping on the H&S pattern but Bear markets ALWAYS end with a crescendo. We might hold this H&S like last time and rally back upward. But don't be thinking long-term entries right now, absent a good strategy. It WILL eventually see new lows if it follows every bear market since the 70's. That's why these patterns are great to keep in your view.

And frankly we want that because otherwise we will become locked into a long-term sideways pattern that is much more difficult for retirement investors.

gougler08
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Carioca Corredor said:

oldarmy1 said:

And the Dividend church said.....AMEN!
I just have some shares sitting in the 401k, dividend works for me!
Dan Scott
AG
Whoa starting to get fast
FJ43
Hope y'all printed $$$ on those VIX calls. I've taken most off with this push.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

Boy Named Sue
AG
Dan Scott said:

Whoa starting to get fast
Can't increase my stops on these puts fast enough. Holy cow.
Spoony Love
AG
Sickening that I gave up on a 398p from the first hour. Would have been a 25x or more.
oldarmy1
AG
SPY $393 lottos. Not willing to go $392
cgh1999
AG
I love LADR as much as the next guy, but I'm sitting it out for a few quarters. I think their loans are generally well structured, but the secondary market for RE loans is drying up fast. They have some very large office loans and in the last few months we have started to see major players (blackrock, Lincoln, Hines, etc) default on office loans. LADR isn't lending to those guys. Their clients are a tier below.

LTV's are going to get squeezed tremendously at renewal time. If vacancies rise, LTV's shrink, and take out partners are limited…it could get ugly.
oldarmy1
AG
oldarmy1 said:

SPY $393 lottos. Not willing to go $392

Counted on the ol' bear hook close. Took the quick 80% and ran.
irish pete ag06
AG
The 8/21 EMAs have resoundingly spoken.

oldarmy1
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

The 8/21 EMAs have resoundingly spoken.

I like to use cheap Friday expiring calls and then look to short shares on bounces into the money when you get big selloffs on a Thursday.
oldarmy1
AG
This WWR move has come on really low volume. 2 million shares? Last march we had mutli 15M share days. Let's see some of that.
FTAG 2000
AG
Came all the way down to test that SPY breakout trend line. Pretty significant where we closed today.
oldarmy1
AG
There's some merit in your analysis. They've always done a great job of choosing the right clientele.
oldarmy1
AG
DREADED h day
E
AG
WWR up and a down day…
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Today is a day where it's good to be green or escape with paper cuts.
Philip J Fry
AG
What a dang fakeout with the MACD on the 6th. Definition of bear trap?
First Page Last Page
Page 6013 of 6616

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.