Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,983,413 Views | 231558 Replies | Last: 5 min ago by ProgN
irish pete ag06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My gift to you fellas

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1plFKKzew5T5MCBENgBhXVc3NvjMWjiuF/view?usp=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/16p2MlNHYDurZRBzS95cA1pu_Tyo4KXHk/view?usp=drivesdk

If you download the audiobook, add it to your "files" on iPhone

Then download the "BookPlayer" app and open it from files.

If you haven't read Trading in the Zone. Do it ASAP.

ProgN
Spoony Love
AG
They can kindly go F themselves
BaylorSpineGuy
You can have their sorry asses. Baylor will do its best to humiliate them athletically between now and then.
Boy Named Sue
AG
I hope y'all do, especially in football
Whitehouse Road
AG
Nice cup and handle on ZIM?
FTAG 2000
AG
Boy Named Sue said:

FTAG 2000 said:

21 EMA for SPY is in the 407.90 range, probably why.
My settings must be jacked because my chart shows 21 at 410.96
Mine is around that 410.96 number for the 8 day.

What time frame are you using? That's what I see on the one year daily chart.

FTAG 2000
AG
Whitehouse Road said:

ZIM's getting there.

Has some big overhead resistance from 23-23.42, then a gap to fill up to 25.40ish.

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Icahn wins again
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
Golf1
AG
Appreciate you sending this! I've been wanting to read a few books and this was one of them recommended. With the big move yesterday and continuing over night, it might be best just to give this a listen to and stay away from the market today.
BaylorSpineGuy
$30,000 Millionaire said:

Icahn wins again

Yeah, he's probably up 4-5x on that trade. Lol

Question is this: did he see something that's pushed the market down or did he move the market down with a trade that large? That's what remains elusive to me….
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
A bit of both I think. A pullback was needed. We just have to see how deep.
Boy Named Sue
AG
Oil stocks gonna have a good day? https://www.reuters.com/business/energy/russia-cut-oil-output-by-500000-bpd-march-2023-02-10/
Boy Named Sue
AG
May be a FOMO move but I bought XOM 2/10 117C at open for .60

Sold half at .90. Gonna let the rest ride through lunch and see what it does this afternoon.
Spoony Love
AG
SPY just blew through the opening low. Watch out
irish pete ag06
AG
Boy Named Sue
AG
Y'all are awful quiet today, but 30k hasn't dropped in to reiterate the wisdom of "don't lose your ass on a Friday" yet. So I'm rudderless, but buoyed by equity positions doing well
Philip J Fry
AG
irish pete ag06
AG
I'm not buying this breakout on the downtrend yet

Edit. 5 min EMA just crossed. Edit again, they didn't cross... yet

Waiting to see a backtest
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Start the weekend on a high note with a win.

Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
Boy Named Sue said:

Sold half at .90. Gonna let the rest ride through lunch and see what it does this afternoon.
If you're going to be a degenerate around this place you gotta follow the rules. How many times do I have to say XOM is the most forgiving stock you'll ever own/encounter, it runs to ER,....it runs to Ex-Div,...it runs to Payout...and it runs a little after Payout. And, the other Rule is, it runs until it doesn't.. Good luck. XOM has a better than 50/50 shot at $120 next week. Ex-Eff Day is 2/13, so you have to buy XOM by or on 2/12 to collect the dividend.

I communicated to this board waayyyy earlier that someone was buying massive amounts of crude oil Futures in both WTI & Brent....everyday....at 225pm....for a couple months....observe the 5 minute volume....it's the largest daily trade by far against anything else....thousands of contracts. I don't know who this is, but it's the most blatant, intentional, brash move I have ever witnessed in my life and my life was spent in commodities over 35 years. There is no hiding it and whoever it is doesn't care. This morning, that Long is smiling and will continue to smile for months to come. I'm thinking it's the U.S. Gov't because they can't source oil to buy for the SPR and they decided to hedge their physical Short. If it's not the U.S. Gov't, could be Russia. If not either of those, it's a hell of a set of brass balls about the size of South America.

I was recently introduced to a new hobby taking my time...and money (thanks to ProgN) bourbon collecting. One (1) degree when I got up this morning. I'm doing my best to burn the NatGas Long out there.. $10 gallon gasoline, give it to me. Y'all have fun.
Golf1
AG
Some really long wicks on the 5 minute on spy near that 408 level
irish pete ag06
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

I'm not buying this breakout on the downtrend yet

Edit. 5 min EMA just crossed. Edit again, they didn't cross... yet

Waiting to see a backtest
Was able to take a half position. on the backtest. Sold first half for 12%, stopped out at 1% over on the last half.
ProgN
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

Boy Named Sue said:

If you're going to be a degenerate around this place you gotta follow the rules. How many times do I have to say XOM is the most forgiving stock you'll ever own/encounter, it runs to ER,....it runs to Ex-Div,...it runs to Payout...and it runs a little after Payout. And, the other Rule is, it runs until it doesn't.. Good luck. XOM has a better than 50/50 shot at $120 next week. Ex-Eff Day is 2/13, so you have to buy XOM by or on 2/12 to collect the dividend.

I communicated to this board waayyyy earlier that someone was buying massive amounts of crude oil Futures in both WTI & Brent....everyday....at 225pm....for a couple months....observe the 5 minute volume....it's the largest daily trade by far against anything else....thousands of contracts. I don't know who this is, but it's the most blatant, intentional, brash move I have ever witnessed in my life and my life was spent in commodities over 35 years. There is no hiding it and whoever it is doesn't care. This morning, that Long is smiling and will continue to smile for months to come. I'm thinking it's the U.S. Gov't because they can't source oil to buy for the SPR and they decided to hedge their physical Short. If it's not the U.S. Gov't, could be Russia. If not either of those, it's a hell of a set of brass balls about the size of South America.

I was recently introduced to a new hobby taking my time...and money (thanks to ProgN) bourbon collecting. One (1) degree when I got up this morning. I'm doing my best to burn the NatGas Long out there.. $10 gallon gasoline, give it to me. Y'all have fun.

FTAG 2000
AG
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

Boy Named Sue said:

If you thought stock trading was wild (and exhausting), you're going to love bourbon collecting.
Boy Named Sue
AG
I already have a small collection. No Blanton's though
FTAG 2000
AG
Boy Named Sue said:

I already have a small collection. No Blanton's though
You're not missing anything not having any Blanton's on your shelf
cjo03
AG
good thing about good bourbon is...

stocks go up, "grab the bourbon!"
stocks go down, "grab the bourbon."
Boy Named Sue
AG
Sold 1/4 of my XOM 117C at $1.20 for 100% gain. Net free now with 1/4 still riding

And this is my current go to…
LMCane
FTAG 2000 said:

Whitehouse Road said:

ZIM's getting there.

Has some big overhead resistance from 23-23.42, then a gap to fill up to 25.40ish.

ZIM is literally the worst performer in my entire brokerage and 401K.

I think my position is down 46%
GreasenUSA
AG
Epic battle today.
Spoony Love
AG
Kind of odd to see the 8/21 so close for so long today.
cjo03
AG
I am new to charting - in fact this may be the first chart I've posted here

But by my analysis your go-to is actually EWSB:

FTAG 2000
Boy Named Sue
AG
Your chart doesn't account for FIFO and LIFO treatment! The EWSB would qualify for LTCG at this point
First Page Last Page
Page 5980 of 6616

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.