Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,982,512 Views | 231555 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by Heineken-Ashi
FTAG 2000
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
cjo03 said:

I am new to charting - in fact this may be the first chart I've posted here

But by my analysis your go-to is actually EWSB:

That could be a recently completed buy order, and his option is not pictured and almost expired.
Boy Named Sue
AG
And, when the tax man (my Dad) comes over he drinks the EWSB.

Anybody think XOM hits $119 today?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
C'mon BOIL $7
Boy Named Sue
AG
perma Brew doomster said:

wanderer said:

FYI: These calls are on sale, half the price of what they were at the time of the tweet (1.35 vs .70)

wait til tomorrow, they'll be even more on sale then. Watch the close, but this type of move could continue into tomorrow a.m.
.75 right now
EnronAg
AG
Boy Named Sue said:

And, when the tax man (my Dad) comes over he drinks the EWSB.

Anybody think XOM hits $119 today?
at this rate, it'll probably hit $120 today too...
Boy Named Sue
AG
I'm holding 119 and 120 lotto calls, so I hope you're right
FJ43
Short squeeze incoming
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

Premium
AG
Wayfair looking like a good pickup, anyone else agree?
txaggieacct85
AG
Premium said:

no
FJ43
Gap up Monday to 410-11 anyone?
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

BaylorSpineGuy
Premium said:

If you like trafficking children…
Philip J Fry
AG
Bad time to sing the Wayfair jingle?
Robag09
AG
I have hesitated to bring this to the board as I know we have a bunch of degenerates on here, but has anyone been following GNS (Genius Group) and this "naked short" saga?

It is all quiet fascinating, but I do not recommend investing unless you are a gambler. Just curious if anyone else has been watching this one.

Summary:
- Stock IPO's in April 2022 in the teens, gets driven down to $0.30 per share by the end of 2022.

- There are apparently only 20 million shares outstanding, but it has traded over 50 million shares on the daily 6 times in the last 2 weeks.

- The CEO is on a mission to prove illegal naked shorting is the cause and has announced a $10 digital coupon dividend and some other items to call a share count
Premium
AG
BaylorSpineGuy said:

Premium said:

If you like trafficking children…
M4 Benelli
LMCane said:

FTAG 2000 said:

Whitehouse Road said:

Nice cup and handle on ZIM?
ZIM's getting there.

Has some big overhead resistance from 23-23.42, then a gap to fill up to 25.40ish.

ZIM is literally the worst performer in my entire brokerage and 401K.

I think my position is down 46%

I proclaimed 6 months ago that this stock that I once championed should be cut like a crazy ex-gf. Why you still holding waiting some makeup poon?

Its a cyclical, and all the headwinds are well behind us.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
I'm in. Just need our newly emboldened Papa Musk to get behind it. One of these is going to really blow up eventually and hopefully the SEC scares Citadel with some federal pmita prison time and they let it run its course
FJ43
Evening Gents!

Drive traded the last few hours of the day today and exited March VIX calls OA also played on todays VIX spike. That's about it.

What I'm watching closely.

Note the cross.

My guess is gap up Monday into 410-11 and possible run to 414ish. Just a guess.

Trade wisely!

Premium
AG
txaggieacct85 said:

Premium said:

no

Okay, now that we've had fun. Any serious commentary one way or the other?

I think most people think Amazon for online furniture but if you're looking for better quality you end up at Wayfair (online shoppers).

As for the stock, I'm curious at $52 since it recently shot up from high 40's to mid 70's and now back to 52.
FJ43
Oh no Farmer….is that your form of tempting me? First it's our mutual love for the finer hats in life and now you're upping the game to bourbon.

That's all I need is a new hobby.

Philip J Fry
AG
Premium said:

txaggieacct85 said:

Premium said:

no

I think most people think Amazon for online furniture but if you're looking for better quality you end up at Wayfair (online shoppers).

As for the stock, I'm curious at $52 since it recently shore up from high 40's to mid 70's and now back to 52.

I'd wait until it's back in the 30s
Premium
AG
Philip J Fry said:

Premium said:

txaggieacct85 said:

Premium said:

no

As for the stock, I'm curious at $52 since it recently shore up from high 40's to mid 70's and now back to 52.

I'd wait until it's back in the 30s

For holding long, and what's what I'm taking about, you're probably right. I think we see a lot of stuff crash throughout end of '23
ProgN
Fwiw, it will print sub 40 if you're patient. IMO
bmoochie
AG
This is on the daily right? And refresh my memory, which lines are crossing?

Secondly while I have you I'm curious on if you (or anyone for that matter) use primarily EMA or SMA. I was talking with a buddy today about it. He was using EMA and I was on SMA so we were seeing different 8/21 crosses. So I didn't know if we should favor one or the other?

Thanks in advance!
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
FJ43 said:

Oh no Farmer….is that your form of tempting me? First it's our mutual love for the finer hats in life and now you're upping the game to bourbon.

Tempting you? Temptation is my greatest weakness! Welcome aboard!

I just secured a bottle of Pappy Van Winkle 15 Year. Delivery December 2023. It will be one of the college graduation gifts for our son...in 3 years(he should be on-time).

I have 2 bottles of Blanton's that will be to me in 2 to 4 weeks. Just the regular bottle, not the specialty stuff.

I'm on a "maybe" list for a bottle of Eagle Rare 17 Year for December 2023 delivery.

Last, I'm trying to weasel my way back into a bottle of Old Forester's Birthday Bourbon. This one is tricky and not sure I can get it done. It was flashed before my eyes and offered to me last Friday. I didn't even know what the hell I was looking at (I'm a cognac guy) so I passed.

I got an Eagle Rare 10 Year and a Buffalo Trace Single Barrel last week.

I'm done, that will be my collection. Whatever from this list gets in my hand will be it. ..... That is of course, until it's time to refill!

FJ43
bmoochie said:

Secondly while I have you I'm curious on if you (or anyone for that matter) use primarily EMA or SMA. I was talking with a buddy today about it. He was using EMA and I was on SMA so we were seeing different 8/21 crosses. So I didn't know if we should favor one or the other?

Thanks in advance!
Yep thats a daily view. I use the EMAs but I know those who use MA and SMA. Trading wise I like the EMAs especially if you are a scalper or swing trader. But you can use either just find your methods and systems.

The 50 is crossing the 200 which would be known as Golden Cross. I alerted to the Death Cross a few days before it crossed and then after/at which was followed by the market tank last year. Death Cross = Bearish. Golden Cross = Bullish.

Nothing is guaranteed but typically that would be a confirming bullish reversal of the trend.

BaylorSpineGuy
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

FJ43 said:

Tempting you? Temptation is my greatest weakness! Welcome aboard!

I just secured a bottle of Pappy Van Winkle 15 Year. Delivery December 2023. It will be one of the college graduation gifts for our son...in 3 years(he should be on-time).

I have 2 bottles of Blanton's that will be to me in 2 to 4 weeks. Just the regular bottle, not the specialty stuff.

I'm on a "maybe" list for a bottle of Eagle Rare 17 Year for December 2023 delivery.

Last, I'm trying to weasel my way back into a bottle of Old Forester's Birthday Bourbon. This one is tricky and not sure I can get it done. It was flashed before my eyes and offered to me last Friday. I didn't even know what the hell I was looking at (I'm a cognac guy) so I passed.

I got an Eagle Rare 10 Year and a Buffalo Trace Single Barrel last week.

I'm done, that will be my collection. Whatever from this list gets in my hand will be it. ..... That is of course, until it's time to refill!

I've been growing a stash. I've got multiple bottles of Boss Hog, an 18 yr Whistle Pig, and I got a 10 yr whistle pig in a pig-shaped bottle recently.

For my day to day stuff, I'm working my way to the bottom of a bottle of Basil Hayden's wine cask bourbon. It's just nice…
BaylorSpineGuy
FJ43 said:

bmoochie said:

Thanks in advance!
Yep thats a daily view. I use the EMAs but I know those who use MA and SMA. Trading wise I like the EMAs especially if you are a scalper or swing trader. But you can use either just find your methods and systems.

The 50 is crossing the 200 which would be known as Golden Cross. I alerted to the Death Cross a few days before it crossed and then after/at which was followed by the market tank last year. Death Cross = Bearish. Golden Cross = Bullish.

Nothing is guaranteed but typically that would be a confirming bullish reversal of the trend.

I guess Tom Lee is on our boards now! :-).

I saw some conjecture on Twitter a couple months ago about the golden cross. Some people saying that the slope of both lines must be up, but I like your general sentiment. I have suspected a rally to 4300-4500.

I don't think new ATH's are in order with such a severely inverted yield curve (Tom Lee calling for 4,800 this year on SPX), but this is where level to level trading has much more reward, IMO.
lobwedgephil
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

Boy Named Sue said:

May be a FOMO move but I bought XOM 2/10 117C at open for .60

Sold half at .90. Gonna let the rest ride through lunch and see what it does this afternoon.
If you're going to be a degenerate around this place you gotta follow the rules. How many times do I have to say XOM is the most forgiving stock you'll ever own/encounter, it runs to ER,....it runs to Ex-Div,...it runs to Payout...and it runs a little after Payout. And, the other Rule is, it runs until it doesn't.. Good luck. XOM has a better than 50/50 shot at $120 next week. Ex-Eff Day is 2/13, so you have to buy XOM by or on 2/12 to collect the dividend.

I communicated to this board waayyyy earlier that someone was buying massive amounts of crude oil Futures in both WTI & Brent....everyday....at 225pm....for a couple months....observe the 5 minute volume....it's the largest daily trade by far against anything else....thousands of contracts. I don't know who this is, but it's the most blatant, intentional, brash move I have ever witnessed in my life and my life was spent in commodities over 35 years. There is no hiding it and whoever it is doesn't care. This morning, that Long is smiling and will continue to smile for months to come. I'm thinking it's the U.S. Gov't because they can't source oil to buy for the SPR and they decided to hedge their physical Short. If it's not the U.S. Gov't, could be Russia. If not either of those, it's a hell of a set of brass balls about the size of South America.

I was recently introduced to a new hobby taking my time...and money (thanks to ProgN) bourbon collecting. One (1) degree when I got up this morning. I'm doing my best to burn the NatGas Long out there.. $10 gallon gasoline, give it to me. Y'all have fun.

Are you watching the tape on this, or just looking at volume? Crude futures settle at that NY time, so you always see highest volume of the day for settlement.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Those 117C on Exxon were killer. Congrats. Didn't even notice it.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
Quote:

Are you watching the tape on this, or just looking at volume? Crude futures settle at that NY time, so you always see highest volume of the day for settlement.
I'm looking at the 5 Minute Volume at 2:25pmET / 1:25pmCT, on Globex that is 6pm to 5pm. If NYMEX is settling at 2:25pmET and posting, than I am 100% wrong. Thank you for pointing that out and getting the correct info posted. Shoot, so much for US or Russia putting on a Long. Dang it. I apologize to this thread for any confusion. I'll stick to corn, soybeans and bourbon and focus on NYMEX only.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

BUY BUY BUY!
Heineken-Ashi
Solid downtrend. Recent topping pattern with multiple overbought indicators. Room to go lower and not screaming oversold yet. At least wait for signs of downtrend indecisiveness.
“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Beer Bear
lobwedgephil
Keep at it, you bring great energy insight that has helped all of us in this thread.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
The pronouncements of Google being dead are ridiculous. The AI race has only just begun. Yeah, Microsoft caught them napping a little bit, but they're a few months behind with Bard vs ChatGPT.

Are you gonna stop using google for search? Gonna give up Gmail? Google maps?
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
First Page Last Page
Page 5981 of 6616

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.