Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,998,189 Views | 231597 Replies | Last: 16 min ago by El_duderino
$30,000 Millionaire
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I don't know. I just know that when this flips, it's going to be big.
BaylorSpineGuy
AgCPA95 said:

BaylorSpineGuy said:

Did anyone else have a crazy high gas bill this month? Our atmos bill was really high this month….surprising since nat gas is so far down. How is there such a disconnect from the Nat gas prices and prices we are paying?

Any insight is appreciated….I assume these should correlate.

You sure it wasn't usage up w the cold snaps we had ?

Our weather has been very mild in DFW. Wife usually keeps temp around 68-70 in the house, so definitely not heating aggressively.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
There is one last gap in SPX. We didn't get it today. Tomorrow could be the day, but I do think a pull back is due. Probably Monday.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I should have posted this but I longed ES at 4169
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Going to bail at +4 or +1
wanderer
When you do this, do you automatically set a stop limit to sell? How do you treat it when you go to bed….or do you not plan to hold that long? Do you just set alerts so you can be aware of it throughout the evening?
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
You set bracket orders, one for profit target, one for stop
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
You can probably short here to 4160
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I got a bad entry, 4167, stop 4172
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Let's see if we can get some follow through
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I'm going to set the stop at break even.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Set to 66 so it's a positive trade.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Triggered - the RSI got very oversold on a 2 point move, so decided to bail. That's 5 points. Not too bad.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Now it's doing what I want. Lmao. Story of my life.
EnronAg
AG
What are your thoughts on how the market reacts to the mega cap earnings today? Another big recovery and melt up like MSFT? Or will this bring a pullback that has long been overdue?
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
EnronAg said:

What are your thoughts on how the market reacts to the mega cap earnings today? Another big recovery and melt up like MSFT? Or will this bring a pullback that has long been overdue?

Short term? Moves are driven by liquidity and where people are trapped.

Medium term? I think 4000 needs to trade again.
PeekingDuck
AG
BaylorSpineGuy said:

Did anyone else have a crazy high gas bill this month? Our atmos bill was really high this month….surprising since nat gas is so far down. How is there such a disconnect from the Nat gas prices and prices we are paying?

Any insight is appreciated….I assume these should correlate.

Pretty sure the bulk is the utility surcharge from the gas price spike during uri.
Dan Scott
AG
EnronAg said:

The after-hours action is bullish to me. Those numbers sucked and few months ago meant big losses. I think Snapchat was really telling. Snapchat reports before all the big guys and in prior quarters, tiny ass Snapchat brought tech stocks down. This time around they didn't react to Snapchat.

This tells me the earning slowdown is already built in, or most of it. On the technical side, we broke the downtrend. Market sentiment is different now. Powell is going to have to go Jackson Hole again for a push down. Lower energy cost also helping.
Boy Named Sue
AG
Oil stocks up in pre-trading. Hope it holds.
BTHOB
AG
Job growth 517,000
jj9000
AG
BTHOB said:

Job growth 517,000

Against a 185,000 forecast.

Whiff.
ProgN
They must've moved the Covid death tabulator to the Department of Labor.
Boy Named Sue
AG
Rookie question. How often will a pre-market order for calls on a stock that's up in pre-market get filled? I assume the limit price needs to be set well above the last ask, and that how much higher depends on how much it's up in PM, just curious to hear some insight.

Or is it better to just wait until open, despite risk of chasing.

I'm sure y'all can tell I don't have a finance background. I'm a lawyer with an econ degree.
wanderer
Won't get filled. Options (with the exception of some that are extended 15min past closing) are only during trading hours. Best you can do is short the stock pre-market to lock in gains on calls.
HoustonAg2014
AG
So at what point will people realize that there is a major labor gap between people who are in their 30's and people in their 60's? That's the big disconnect when the FED wants jobless claims to go up…

The ONLY way for jobless claims to go up is a max exodus of companies going out of business. That's it. I don't see another way unless someone can explain to me.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Gonna be a wild day. Tread lightly in my opinion
GreasenUSA
AG
Boy Named Sue said:

Rookie question. How often will a pre-market order for calls on a stock that's up in pre-market get filled? I assume the limit price needs to be set well above the last ask, and that how much higher depends on how much it's up in PM, just curious to hear some insight.

Or is it better to just wait until open, despite risk of chasing.

I'm sure y'all can tell I don't have a finance background. I'm a lawyer with an econ degree.
Yes, you can put in a limit order pre-market, which can potentially get filled when the market opens.

https://www.optionsprofitcalculator.com/calculator/long-call.html

You can use that calculator to roughly estimate prices if you need to.

For some, it may be best to wait until open to see how it trades. If you can get a good idea of value, and know how the stock will move at open, you may be able to snipe something on a wider spread from a limit order entered pre-market.
Boy Named Sue
AG
That's what I figured. And I'm guessing stop losses and trailing stops are easily triggered as things swing and shake out right after opening
EnronAg
AG
last several Friday's have been strong and closed positive...let's see if that continues...
Golf1
AG
I feel like gap downs lately typically get filled the next day so I wouldn't be surprised to see us fill the gap today. I also think if this thing starts making new lows at market open then it could be a big red day. Aapl Google and amzn all missing earnings + job reports being awful is pretty significant to cause the market to continue to drop.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
BOIL with a 5% swing from green to red before the open. It feels like this is a daily occurrence now.
sts7049
AG
maybe....stop trading it?
AgEng06
AG
sts7049 said:

maybe....stop trading it?

This would be the 100th time he's been told that on this thread... but here we are.
Charlie Conway
EnronAg
AG
market closing positive today would be lunacy after mega cap disappointments and guidance + jobs report this morning...
First Page Last Page
Page 5968 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.