Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,992,505 Views | 231574 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by EliteZags
Boy Named Sue
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I need to learn how to adjust trailing stops. Got screwed out of good gains on 416C a few minutes ago because I had it set too low
Dan Scott
AG
20% of the Qs report earnings tonight. Qs have highest RSI since November 2021. It'll interesting
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
25 ES points today scalping. not horrible.
wanderer
busy busy charts, but check out the intraday MTs
Chef Elko
AG
Not hedging my Apple shares. LET IT RIDE!
oldarmy1
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Earnings by the big dogs could rip this right back through highs. I traded the signals on consolidation but had hedges do the heavy lifting. Might be worth a cheap Friday call of SPY day high

My plan. I bought Friday expiring $418 calls. If we have a blow up above there on earnings reactions then I'll close 25% and take half of remaining represented shares in calls and short the shares against them.

So 30 calls and sell 25% if explodes up during 15 minute post-close trading. If not until after 3:15 close and gets explosion then short 1500 shares against 30 calls.
Colt98
AG
I'm still a bit confused on this. Need to see it on paper
LMCane
25% gain in META over last two days

let's go AMAZON and GOOGLE
oldarmy1
AG
Colt98 said:

30 calls leverages 3000 shares.

We popped above $418 to sell ~ 25% or 7 calls to bank the gains. Then shorted 1100 shares against the remaining 23 calls.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
GOOGL miss
FTAG 2000
AG
AMZN miss.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
well, it was smart to sell those google calls, I guess.
Dan Scott
AG
It's all up to Apple now. Big tech has no growth. Back out the share buybacks and no EPS growth.
oldarmy1
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Colt98 said:

30 calls leverages 3000 shares.

We popped above $418 to sell ~ 25% or 7 calls to bank the gains. Then shorted 1100 shares against the remaining 23 calls.
Entry was at $1.60 on SPY $418 Feb 3rd calls (would have been even better had I just gone with today's expiring for pennies!) Sold 25% or 7 calls at $2.61 on the spike above $418 as shorts filled for 1100 shares. I closed 600 shares at $414.75.

Someone can math that out to show gains as of now. And like I said on these kind of trades. You have to know the plan and be FAST to execute!

oldarmy1
AG
Short SPY for the freaking win!
Ag CPA
AG
Apple misses as well, yet all of these stocks will probably finish in the green tomorrow the way this market is trading.
SF2004
AG
It ain't just tech.

**** ain't good across the board but somehow you should be comfortable being long.

And no I ain't short either.
ryanhnc10
AG
I have no idea why AMZN is trading where it is. 100 P/E and limited growth
E
AG
SELL
FTAG 2000
AG
ryanhnc10 said:

I have no idea why AMZN is trading where it is. 100 P/E and limited growth
Because without it up there, the whole market going to tank hard.
oldarmy1
AG
It's all about forward looking guidance. We've been through the pits. Is it quicksand or is Powell right? If CEO's echo improving sentiments then we can rally. Doesn't mean short term consolidation isn't typical after a 150 point SPX breakout move.
Dan Scott
AG
3 or 6 months ago, if these companies reported these earnings, they'd be down 10%. These stocks are holding up well so far and still higher than yesterdays close.
irish pete ag06
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

UNH has been a juggernaut. It's chart has been in a steady uptrend.

Showing some weakness lately, and the death cross happened with the 50 and 200 SMA on the daily with the close on Friday.

Also the weekly 8/21 EMA crossed over 3 weeks ago. This is the 3rd week in a row it has not closed above 500.

Wonder if a good short entry is a re-test of 500

The March option chain 420 has some decent OI.
Man, I really should have played one of those 420s...

Dan Scott
AG
Apple does over $80B/year in share buybacks. Chevron announced $75B over 5 years. Wow
irish pete ag06
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

So I decided to start trading 1 setup and 1 setup alone and logging my trades. I love to share with yal (obviously), even if it's bad.

Looking at 20 trading day batches, so 4 weeks. (1-3 trades per day... 3 will be a rarity)

I'm only trading an 8/21 EMA cross. I will look to enter with a limit order on the 21 EMA in the options chart or on the equities chart.

Stop is set based on S/R and/or an ema cross back against my position.

$300 risk on options, $1000 risk on equities or leveraged ETFs

I set 2 targets based on S/R and based on timeframe (meaning target 1 & 2 will be much closer to entry on 3 minute chart vs entry on a 1 hour or daily chart)

(see I do know what S/R means Prog, LOL)

Off to a decent start so far (only on day 2)
So I posted an update to this last Friday... Weirdly, I can see that post under my profile, but it has disappeared from this thread, so here's a screenshot of that:

Update from today

I'm on trade 13 using the 8/21 EMAs exclusively. The record is 9 wins to 5 losses with average win being 13% and average loss being 7%.

I've missed some HUGE win trades because of work, but I'm happy with this sytems results so far.

Only changes I made were some "continuation trades" where I bought a dip on a 21 EMA re-touch on a trend up day. Got tired of buying "puts" on trend up days.

Some of these trades were made on very busy days, so I wasn't able to update the chart on the far right showing the EMAs. I really want to make a pine script editor that will instantly show the 8/21 EMA situation of the week, day, 4 hour and hour in the top right of Tradingview, so if anyone knows how to use Pinescript and can point me in that direction, let me know.
gougler08
AG
AMZN only down 1% now
wanderer
oldarmy1 said:

Someone can math that out to show gains as of now. And like I said on these kind of trades. You have to know the plan and be FAST to execute!
Ha......edited after Buck called me out.

Buck Compton
AG
Yeah, that's not accurate. Knock two zeros off
khkman22
AG
Buck Compton said:

Yeah, that's not accurate. Knock two zeros off
That's why we discourage posts that require math on this thread.

And why we prefer to just gamble.
Buck Compton
AG
Yeah, net liquidating value is probably about 3500 right now.
Colt98
AG
Well that doesn't make it any less confusing to some…
BaylorSpineGuy
Did anyone else have a crazy high gas bill this month? Our atmos bill was really high this month….surprising since nat gas is so far down. How is there such a disconnect from the Nat gas prices and prices we are paying?

Any insight is appreciated….I assume these should correlate.
irish pete ag06
AG
My last 2 gas bills have been the highest of all time by quite a bit.
AgCPA95
AG
BaylorSpineGuy said:

Did anyone else have a crazy high gas bill this month? Our atmos bill was really high this month….surprising since nat gas is so far down. How is there such a disconnect from the Nat gas prices and prices we are paying?

Any insight is appreciated….I assume these should correlate.

You sure it wasn't usage up w the cold snaps we had ?
EngrAg14
AG
gougler08 said:

AMZN only down 1% now

If tomorrow isn't a 3% downer day.
Then banks playing heavy bull game till they pull the rug.
First Page Last Page
Page 5967 of 6617

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.