Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,999,415 Views | 231603 Replies | Last: 21 min ago by CC09LawAg
irish pete ag06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bonfire97 said:

Are yall looking at the 8/21 EMA on a 1min interval chart?
It's a setup to use on any timeframe... however what I've discovered in my infancy is that you need to draw your target lines on the same time frame...

Don't zoom out to the 1 hour time frame and draw target lines then zoom in and enter on the 1 minute 8/21 ema flip, etc.

Timeframe should mirror targets and "time in the trade"
Spoony Love
AG
I'm not sure it's bullish to say we get back to yesterday's close. $30k seemed to think the market would shakeoff MSFT earnings and I think we are seeing that.
txaggieacct85
AG
nice uptick on T today with earnings release.

I knew T had undervalued written all over it.
irish pete ag06
AG
Got a bid set on the Jan 27 140P for Meta

I like the setup to the downside with the 50/200 cross on the 5 minute as well.

My stop is a 5 minute candle close above the 50 SMA (orange line)

Not filled yet. Being patient on the entry.

If this fills, Target 1 is 140.89, Target 2 is 140.33
irish pete ag06
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

Filled and stopped.

In hindsight, this was not that great of a setup. META was chopping as indicated by the EMAs flipping 6 times in the last 2 hours.

Stop was on that candle close above the 50SMA

This was, sadly, a bit of a force trade I think (was busy at work and was not able to trade any this morning). I'm still refining this system, but the 6 flips in the last 2 hours is a good indicator that premium is just being burnt.

FTAG 2000
AG
Spoony Love said:

I'm not sure it's bullish to say we get back to yesterday's close. $30k seemed to think the market would shakeoff MSFT earnings and I think we are seeing that.
Sorry I should have been more clear.

I can see SPY running to the end of the day.

I think you don't want to hold overnight with all the AH earnings plus others still to come this week.

Dan Scott
AG
Wow what a comeback!
Spoony Love
AG
Oh, completely agree about holding. I'm out of my plays today.

I bravely held a SPY put overnight and just about bottom ticked the drop. Ran on a call on the cross for a scalp and both of those plays made up for losses yesterday. Happy to be back to start of yesterday.
Golf1
AG
I can't figure out the market at all. these past 2 weeks have killed me. Probably overtrading & holding when I shouldn't.
irish pete ag06
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

irish pete ag06 said:

Filled and stopped.

In hindsight, this was not that great of a setup. META was chopping as indicated by the EMAs flipping 6 times in the last 2 hours.

This was, sadly, a bit of a force trade I think (was busy at work and was not able to trade any this morning). I'm still refining this system, but the 6 flips in the last 2 hours is a good indicator that premium is just being burnt.

That's why you define risk and honor it.
irish pete ag06
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

irish pete ag06 said:

irish pete ag06 said:

Filled and stopped.

That's why you define risk and honor it, you idiot.

I'm trying to carry the torch of talking to myself for our boy McInnis
Boy Named Sue
AG
Rystad report on Freeport LNG (that reopen would be delayed until 3/1) is false, per company. Supposed to be running wide open next week. Suspicion is Rystad has short position.

2/17 $155 calls at $2.55 look good to me. Anyone have thoughts?
Spoony Love
AG
I lottoed a 401C since it dipped below 397 to test a theory out. Missed my exit when it ran over 400 while not at my computer. I may still get a chance at a higher exit but now I'm thinking hero or zero
South Platte
irish pete ag06 said:

I'm trying to carry the torch or talking to myself
I didn't want to be the one to tell you. We all enjoyed watching from afar
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Had an OK day but should have gone nuclear long on the downtrend break
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
Spoony Love
AG
I'll wait til 2:30 to pull the plug. If SPy is below 400.50, I'm dropping it.
Ragoo
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

Had an OK day but should have gone nuclear long on the downtrend break
did go nuclear 4000c and sold at the 3985ish stall, made a great return but again didn't hold for the moon shot
Spoony Love
AG
Not a bad result on the test. The dip below 397 was in my opinion a last ditch back test of the 21. Nothing really showed back test after the 8/21 cross until then.

I went with the call above the previous close. Lottoed just one at $4, sold it at $11. 15 minutes before it was as high as $42.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Why have i been trading xsp instead of spx?
wanderer
because it's 10x the cost? Trading SPY would be a lot more similar to XSP (except that it doesn't cash settle and has much tighter spreads)
Ragoo
AG
wanderer said:

because it's 10x the cost? Trading SPY would be a lot more similar to XSP (except that it doesn't cash settle and has much tighter spreads)
SPX has way more liquidity and cash settles
irish pete ag06
AG

Quick MSFT short at the end of the day on the 5 min EMA flip. Not an all-timer, but a decent trade.

If my dumb ass hadn't have tried to trade META in a long consolidation, it would have been a green day.
Dan Scott
AG
Muted reaction from TSLA. Guess it comes down to the call and guidance
irish pete ag06
AG
Dan Scott said:

Muted reaction from TSLA. Guess it comes down to the call and guidance
Guidance was what MSFT reacted too as well.
kyle field 94
AG
Boy Named Sue said:

Rystad report on Freeport LNG (that reopen would be delayed until 3/1) is false, per company. Supposed to be running wide open next week. Suspicion is Rystad has short position.

2/17 $155 calls at $2.55 look good to me. Anyone have thoughts?

Isn't Freeport lng a private company? Are you thinking cheneire instead?
Boy Named Sue
AG
Cheniere owns 40% of Freeport. The LNG stock price is directly influenced by that facility
Diggity
AG
in any case, Rystad is an research company. They're not taking positions on companies they cover.
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
CVX raises div 6% to $1.51 from $1.42 and a $75 billion share buyback. AH looks great!

Could XOM be next?

Banger.

Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
FJ43 - you posted some setups some months back and one was T. .... That gap closed today.
Dan Scott
AG
XOM increased the dividend last quarter, doubt they do it again so quickly, but its possible they do it again in q2 to get back to their oil schedule.

They also upped their buyback too. The CVX buyback announcement is kinda phony without an expiration date.
Dan Scott
AG
Elon says demand is the highest it's ever been and they had to slightly increase prices on model y in response.
gougler08
AG
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

CVX raises div 6% to $1.51 from $1.42 and a $75 billion share buyback. AH looks great!

Could XOM be next?

Banger.

As a SHEL employee I'm expecting good things across most of the O&G majors
wofo_db
Quick noob question here...

Say i have 100 shares of wwr at $2..and as OA mentioned it dropped to 80 cents..say i buy 100 more shares at 80 cents and then sell 100 when it hits a $1. In my head i made $20, but does ameritrade take the first 100 shares of my account and it would it count as a $100 loss? And i would have now 100 shares at a $1 avg? Or does it mattee? In my head i was concerned if that triggers any wash rule or im just skipping another step in thw equation and my math is bad...thanks
txaggie_08
AG
You would need to specify which shares you want to sell. You could choose to sell all 100 of the $.80 shares or 100 of the $2 shares. It also gives you the option to sell first in first out, last in last out, etc.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
First, you gotta pump those numbers up, those are rookie numbers in this racket

Second, in your trading platform you should be able to choose which lots of stock you are selling, or at least choose first in first out, etc. If you averaged down and want to further reduce your basis and pay the least amount of taxes then you want to sell the shares that you paid the most for

That brings us to wash sale... that triggers when you rebuy stock within 30 days of selling it at a loss (i.e. to take a tax deduction) . If you rebuy within those 30 days the deduction is disallowed. If you didn't lose money then nothing to worry about. If you did book a loss and want to keep the deduction then don't buy back within 30 days. (Or ever, it's wwr fer chrissakes!)
First Page Last Page
Page 5950 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.