Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,025,842 Views | 231616 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by ProgN
E
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Even LUV is up
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Boil will retrace some. Probably 21-22.

You all need to watch what the BOJ did. Their yield curve moves are pushing up the yen and they're pushing down USD-JPY.

USD-JPY tends to be correlated with stock movement. It's possible that correlation doesn't hold this year, but I view it as yet another head wind for upward movement.

The biggest currency correlation at the moment continues to be USD. Dollar up, stocks down.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
DeangeloVickers
AG
YaketyYak
Happy new trading year everyone, may we all be on the right side of the trade whether we go up, down or sideways!
Take out the papers and the trash, or you don't get no spendin' cash
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Yikes. Lucky to only be down $250 right now.
Whirligigs
Well that was quick
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Aapl dragging SPX down.
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
TSLA, all gas, no brakes.
TheVarian
AG
I wanna see how low it goes and buy. Do y'all really think they will go away with this Twitter purchase?
irish pete ag06
AG
OXY is getting close...

Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
TheVarian said:

I wanna see how low it goes and buy. Do y'all really think they will go away with this Twitter purchase?
I don't agree with everything Elon Musk does/stands for, but I think he'll outsmart the Shorts. IMO, he is being targeted for the Twitter purchase and the woke money crowd is after him. A guy trying to stand up for free speech versus a group that doesn't like that, SMH. I do hope he survives and and gives a backhand to the Shorters.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Green for the year. Woot woot.
Saltyag15
AG
I agree with you. Just trying to figure out when the right time to jump in. I'd like to own some Tesla for the long haul. Just not sure when this flush is going to end.
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
If I could buy LEAPS on Elon Musk specifically - I would.

But at the end of the day - I think the only thing that Elon really truly cares about is SpaceX and they just raised $750MM in a $137B valuation. I wonder how many shares he owns of that company.
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
wanderer
Some odd price action this morning.

Look at this move by NET. A big spike on decent volume was swatted down hard and stair-stepped back down to the red.
South Platte
Today might be one of my better return days in the past couple of years.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
wanderer said:

Some odd price action this morning.

Look at this move by NET. A big spike on decent volume was swatted down hard and stair-stepped back down to the red.

That's sort of bullish action. The volume on the red is very low relative to the advancing volume.
YaketyYak
Sold a few TSLA 2/17 100P for 9.00. Was originally eying the 90 strike, but wanted to catch some of this volatility.

I like TSLA long term and will take the shares for $91, but if it traded like a tech company on the way up, it can trade like a tech company on the way down.

Cheers!
Take out the papers and the trash, or you don't get no spendin' cash
wanderer
Went to go look at BOIL and noticed that it bounced right at the 161.8 retracement (fib levels I drew in a few wks back).

I realize you can't really look at a fib levels for a leveraged position like this, just thought it was interesting.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Obviously nothing to do now in the low probability time of the day. Don't want to go long but ES is defending 3820 again. If we lose that. Watch out.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
One thing I wonder about leveraged stocks like this...if enough people are trading it, is it possible it does start trading/behaving along those trendlines?
wanderer
No. The tail(BOIL) doesn't wag the dog(/NG). It's the other way around.
FTAG 2000
AG
You need to watch the 10-14 day forecasts (long term weather) for the US and Europe. That's driving /QG (natural gas) and BOIL.

Both are projected for above average temps through mid-January.
irish pete ag06
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

OXY is getting close...

I jumped into Feb 17 70C here. Will add over the next couple of trading sessions if we continue to hang around 60. If we lose that lower trendline, will cut.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
3820 has got some power
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
It may be hard to achieve more downside at the moment. 3820 has been tested a lot of times now.
wanderer
UPRO @ 31.75. S/L @ 31.50
FJ43
Joined you on these. Same trade plan.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Meta looks good.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
wanderer said:

UPRO @ 31.75. S/L @ 31.50

Hope it works. Not high probability for me yet.
irish pete ag06
AG
Must. Wait. For. Pattern. Confirmation.

INV H&S potential on QQQ
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Had been weighing what to do about Roth contributions this year. (DCA or lump sum it.)

Decided I'm going to DCA but probably within the first half of the year rather than the entire year. $500 every two weeks into a broad market index fund.
Saltyag15
AG
I thought I was smart last year. Did my whole contribution for the year in February when we were down about 12%. We all know how that turned out!

I'm back to DCA, $500/mo on the 20th of every month. I'll do the additional $500 needed for the max in the Spring. Done trying to time it!
wanderer
trim 20% at $32. Move s/l to b/e on the rest as I have to step away from laptop.
BaylorSpineGuy
No Santa rally was the right call, it seems. Rangebound trading. We opened around 3840 SPX on 12/27. My guess is we finish around that area tomorrow.

Santa rally is classically last 5 days of December and first two days of January.

Lord knows after that….I thought we would retrace to the low 390s before another leg down but not really sure at this point. This market has tended to be trapped in these tight ranges for prolonged periods and the impulsive moves happen over a shorter period of time.
First Page Last Page
Page 5911 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.