Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,042,133 Views | 231653 Replies | Last: 9 min ago by ProgN
southernskies
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BOIL just blew a gasket. Still not experienced enough to know why though.
Brewmaster
AG
I wouldn't panic, he's front running it. No clear reversal yet that I see. Daily BB bottom is at 41.91 and weekly bottom is at 36.66. You could hedge your short some, or just watch and wait.

He also goes short on his call plays, holds the calls and is short until they reverse.
SoTXAg09
AG
Thanks. Yeah not panicking, trend still looks down. Only about 25% up right now on a small position.
YaketyYak
Does BOIL track UK Natural gas futures? They are -10% today.
BaylorSpineGuy
Looks almost like a Diamond bottom forming here. Will this set up a short relief rally? Better opportunity to short closer to 390+ range. I got caught offsides and am holding a 372P for 1/6. Not a huge position. Hoping I can wiggle my way around that one and find my way out successfully.
FTAG 2000
AG
YaketyYak said:

Yes.

This drop is most likely tied to the news late yesterday that Freeport won't open for another month, plus this cold snap in the US looks short lived.
FTAG 2000
AG
YaketyYak said:

Natural gas futures have come down to test a year long support / trend line in the $5.00 area.

irish pete ag06
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

An institution is shorting Tesla for it to have this type of sustained pressure.

The Federal Reserve?
YaketyYak
FTAG 2000 said:

YaketyYak said:

Natural gas futures have come down to test a year long support / trend line in the $5.00 area.

Yeah, I was trading BOIL/KOLD this summer when NG was peaking above $9 and again in October/November around it's current levels anticipating a rail strike bringing coal to a standstill alongside a Freeport reopen.

I may have to reenter soon, but concerned about NG supply outpacing demand first half of 2023 and seeing calls for $3 NG by the second half gives me pause.

It's a fun but volatile one!

Cheers
irish pete ag06
AG
Good hek it feels like TSLA is gonna explode when it finally squeezes.
FJ43
For you fellow IBKRers…..

Your phone app when you review charts is now Trading View and it's charting simplicity tools.

We have arrived.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

FJ43
irish pete ag06 said:

Good hek it feels like TSLA is gonna explode when it finally squeezes.

I bought 12/30 130c at 2.80 this morning.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

irish pete ag06
AG
150 Jan 20 here
sts7049
AG
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Ag CPA said:

YaketyYak said:

There's an old saying in Tennessee...

Yah, I'm a fan of Elon but his word is worthless on stuff like this. He'll say anything to quiet the crowd and just deal with the consequences later, because he can.

I think there's a pretty good chance that he told the truth, and today's downward pressure is tutes screwing retail who decided to go long fds on the tweet. Up 10% already on the 1/6 145c i bought earlier
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Which way is this gonna break? No way it closes in this same 381-382 range we've been stuck in
cjo03
AG
Charismatic Megafauna said:

Ag CPA said:

YaketyYak said:

There's an old saying in Tennessee...

Yah, I'm a fan of Elon but his word is worthless on stuff like this. He'll say anything to quiet the crowd and just deal with the consequences later, because he can.

I think there's a pretty good chance that he told the truth, and today's downward pressure is tutes screwing retail who decided to go long fds on the tweet. Up 10% already on the 1/6 145c i bought earlier

that tweet and form 4 filing is from April '22, but he sold a lot more (~$4B) this month: https://www.secform4.com/filings/1318605/0000899243-22-038522.htm
sts7049
AG
SPY 384c lottos anyone?

in at .12. cmon santa!
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Ah i didn't look at the date, i thought this was a new tweet y'all were talking about. I'm not calling him a liar for selling a tranche 8 months after he said he was done with the previous round of selling
cjo03
AG
Charismatic Megafauna said:

Ah i didn't look at the date, i thought this was a new tweet y'all were talking about. I'm not calling him a liar for selling a tranche 8 months after he said he was done with the previous round of selling

i don't blame him either.. i think he had another recent tweet saying not selling more until 2025. and someone posted the one from april as a "you've said something similar before".. but in april he had an open ended timeline.
sts7049
AG
sts7049 said:

SPY 384c lottos anyone?

in at .12. cmon santa!
meh. bailed. she went the wrong way.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Ended up building out a couple 1-wide 384 xsp flies for free+, nice to get a small win

Tsla caught a bid and some volume into the close

Happy holidays y'all!
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Was glad to get a break this week. Merry Christmas guys.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
cjo03
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

Was glad to get a break this week. Merry Christmas guys.

The McGinnis's would have sent pool pictures… but Merry Christmas anyways.
Ornithopter
AG
If Morgan Stanley liquidates shares on a margin call does that count as Elon selling?
cjo03
AG
DubFalls said:

If Morgan Stanley liquidates shares on a margin call does that count as Elon selling?

over my head. Is that what happened on the December form 4? I didn't read any fine print
Ornithopter
AG
I haven't seen anything on him getting liquidated, I just think there is a possibility of him having to sell due to that margin loan. He has to have something like 3x the value of the loan pledges as shares. So if TSLA drops, he either has to pledge more shares or sell stock to cover the drop in value of his collateral.

Also, he lies.
techno-ag
AG
Interesting article on the Santa Claus rally.

https://www.marketwatch.com/amp/story/how-a-santa-claus-rally-or-lack-thereof-sets-the-stage-for-the-stock-market-in-first-quarter-11671830648

Quote:

The Santa Claus rally refers to the stock market's tendency to rally in the last five trading sessions of a calendar year and the first two sessions of the next year. Friday marked the start of the period, which will run through Jan. 4 this time around. Analysts said investors shouldn't count on stock-market gains this holiday season, though some market participants are still holding out hope.

History underscores just how bullish this final stretch of the year typically tends to be, and how relatively uncommon it is to see stock-market declines before and after Christmas. Seventy-two years of data on the S&P 500 SPX and its predecessor index, the S&P 90, shows that only 15 to 16 holiday seasons have failed to produce a rally. Of those seasons, seven were followed by first-quarter losses in the index, according to Dow Jones Market Data.

If Dow industrials and the S&P 500 finish higher for the 2022-2023 season, that would be their seventh straight successful Santa Claus rally and their longest winning stretch since the string of eight that occurred between 1969-1970 and 1976-1977.

Of course could go either way.
BaylorSpineGuy
Why would Elon have shares kn margin for his own company and why would he not have sold them already?!? He would know the value better than anyone!
ProgN
Merry Christmas to you all and I cherish everyone of you and our clubhouse. This is my favorite song this time of year and a beautiful rendition. I hope some of you enjoy it as well.

CC09LawAg
Wow! That was incredible.
Ragoo
AG

My favorite rendition. Stunningly beautiful.
spud1910
AG
Excellent Prog! Merry Christmas to all of you. Thanks for the wisdom you share and the entertainment you provide!
Txducker
AG
Thanks for sharing that song. What an incredible voice and talent and a true gift from God. Merry Christmas everyone.
FJ43

Merry Christmas Gents!

My absolute favorite time of the year and always generates a lot of reflection of how Blessed we are. Today as we celebrate the true meaning of this day, hug your families and spread the joy we've been given.

Appreciate all of you very much.

First Page Last Page
Page 5900 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.