Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,042,248 Views | 231653 Replies | Last: 13 min ago by ProgN
FJ43
How long do you want to ignore this user?
FJ43 said:

Trimmed SPY lottos at 50% and trailing on balance.

Don't for the day.

Trails triggered. Nice run.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
FTAG 2000 said:

Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

Bids to fill a gigantic 3 million barrels of crude oil for Feb delivery to the SPR are due Dec 28th. Awarding announced in January. We will see if JB can sell at $96 and buy back at $70....whose trade netted $4+ billion dollars!!! according to the press. Don't let the headline fool you. There is no $4 billion gain. JB hasn't bought a drop at $70, yet. Mind you, a 3 million barrel purchase has a long way to go to refill 212 million barrels of release. There is a 382 million barrel current inventory in the SPR.

If JB can sell crude oil at $96 and buy at $70, is there a windfall profit tax on that transaction? Inquiring minds want to know.
Given Buffett's connection with the administration, feels like OXY would be a good spec play.
OXY, CVX, XOM, can't go wrong and Warren is not selling.

Regarding that connection with the Administration, WB has to be loving crude shipping in railcars (on his railroad) after those pipeline projects got shut down.
FJ43
I have a drive trading problem.

Had to give it one more before close.

Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

FJ43
Other than Friday lottos you'll be happy you do. 0DTE is risky and execution is key both ways.

Dan Scott
AG
Elon on Twitter spaces so no plans to sell more shares until 2025 and TSLA is a priority. Stock up after hours
Aston04
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

Aston04 said:

$TSLA is such dog crap now. It will short squeeze soon, though.

I'd stay away. Valuations are still resetting across the board. Crazy multiples are history.

Let's play a game. Is TSLA going to hit $120 first or $140?

I'll take the disadvantaged side and say $140 before $120
Half way there just over a half day more trading...

YaketyYak
There's an old saying in Tennessee...

irish pete ag06
AG
Sweet, I longed TSLA at 2:59:50 PM
FJ43

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Aston04 said:

Aston04 said:

$TSLA is such dog crap now. It will short squeeze soon, though.

I'd stay away. Valuations are still resetting across the board. Crazy multiples are history.

Let's play a game. Is TSLA going to hit $120 first or $140?

I'll take the disadvantaged side and say $140 before $120
Half way there just over a half day more trading...

Let's see.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
Ag CPA
AG
YaketyYak said:

There's an old saying in Tennessee...

Yah, I'm a fan of Elon but his word is worthless on stuff like this. He'll say anything to quiet the crowd and just deal with the consequences later, because he can.
FJ43

FJ43
Interesting

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Explain this for the dumb dumbs?
Philip J Fry
AG
Treasury inversion like this indicate a recession is coming.
lobwedgephil
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

Still nothing yet from Putin.

I'd guess and it's a very comfortable guess, Putin will announce cutting crude production and I'd guess he'll indicate refined product production cuts. The G7 Price Cap on refined products starts Feb 5th. According to Reuters and some input from oil traders, Urals oil exports in Nov were 6 million tons, Dec is appearing to be 5 million and some estimating 4.7 million. Urals oil has 4 buyers now and some Urals reportedly sold export below production costs. Sea-worthy Tankers getting in short supply. I'm pretty sure Putin is going to cut. It just tightens the S&D supply side. Not sure who will experience more pain, Putin or U.S. Side Note: Appears the COP Willow Project is now under the company scope as not being viable with the latest Biden orders on targeting to reduce drilling in the U.S. Can't make this stuff up.
wanderer
NTNX. No bueno

Down ~15% PM
sts7049
AG
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
This story is running over the interwebs. Pointing to next Monday or Tuesday. Crude is going up in price.

https://www.zerohedge.com/energy/putin-sign-response-g7s-oil-price-cap-early-next-week-touts-no-losses
techno-ag
AG
NG still headed down. Somebody on stocktwits noted BOIL seems to drop 15% every day.
FJ43

BaylorSpineGuy
My Fidelity active trader pro is showing a spinning top type candle yesterday but I thought it was a hammer candle based on pride action. Anyone else seeing this? Was there a phantom candle that touched the mid 386's?

Anyway….PCE price action was interesting lol. False breakout and false breakdown. Now right in a tight range ….triangle breakout?
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
An institution is shorting Tesla for it to have this type of sustained pressure.
Brewmaster
AG
techno-ag said:

NG still headed down. Somebody on stocktwits noted BOIL seems to drop 15% every day.
leveraged. If it's not going up, it's not just pulling back, it dumps. Over a long enough time horizon, it goes to next to nothing. Those that are long "net free" shares or keep buying what they think is the bottom, look up how often it reverse splits (about every 2 years). So if you have 200 shares, you will have 40 shares after a RS, which means no more selling CC's.

This one is like snake charming, tread lightly, very!
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Boil has good R/R here.
techno-ag
AG
Duly noted. The amount I have in the Widow Maker is not enough to hurt too bad if I lost it all. On the other hand, if it shoots back up when everybody comes back from vacation I'll feel like Scrooge McDuck swimming in his pool of coins.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
This will retrace some.
BaylorSpineGuy
Looks like possible descending triangle early on today with base just below 378.50. Top around 381.25.
Brewmaster
AG
great volume buy spike... trying a couple SPY scalps.
sts7049
AG
scalped a couple hundred bucks...not much fun today so far though
Brewmaster
AG
perma Brew doomster said:

great volume buy spike... trying a couple SPY scalps.
Have a Merry Christmas all! done for the day on that spike. Props to FJ for beating "pay attention to volume" into my stubborn head!

SoTXAg09
AG

When OA posts a NET long play when you're already in a short position… what to do, what to do…
techno-ag
AG
PLTR near 52wl. TQQQ touched sub 17 this morning. Amazon still cheap. Christmas shopping for some folks I bet.
CheladaAg
AG

This will retrace some.

This aged well in an hr.
wanderer
If you have conviction and a reason to be in it, stay in it.

OA call plays haven't had a good record lately. (That's not trying to bag on him)
First Page Last Page
Page 5899 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.