Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,035,332 Views | 231635 Replies | Last: 25 min ago by ProgN
$30,000 Millionaire
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Charismatic Megafauna said:

Philip J Fry said:

$30,000 Millionaire said:

insulator_king said:

$BOIL closed down 13++%
$KOLD closed up 13+ %

Almost perfectly opposite.

Does that mean buy both??

And do what?

Sell for break even?

Sell calls on both, profit?

Let's say we get one of those 50% moves. The short call side on one side will go to zero while the stock plummets. On the other side your gains will be capped while the stock explodes.

Bad idea.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I've decided Tesla is a broken name like ROKU. There will be a lot of people trying to buy long: "it's a great value. Look at their forward P/E. Look at that PEG ratio". I think this is going to $80. Not in a straight line.

Its period of remarkable performance is over in my opinion. Don't get lulled into buying a dip. It may not ever get back to those ATHs.
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
For you Lotto players, consider XOM. Share price should test the $110-$112 level this week (by Friday). API data from yesterday shows a draw. DOE/EIA Weekly Report today at 1030am should confirm a draw reported by API yesterday. Bullish WTI, and supports XOM.
wanderer
NTNX down ~5.5% pre-market. Apparently on insider sales

Edit: make that 8%
Brewmaster
AG
Wow, some monster volume about 10 minutes ago
FJ43
Exiting the SPY 382C for Friday expiry for close to double. Not going to be greedy and can always buy again.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

irish pete ag06
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

techno-ag said:

irish pete ag06 said:

techno-ag said:

irish pete ag06 said:

irish pete ag06 said:

QQQ 270 feels like destiny

Could see a re-test of 280 or slightly below then a swift ride down after.

Didn't even get that re-test, and we're almost there.
Sold my accumulation of TQQQ at 22. At 18 today it's looking mighty tempting to jump back in.
I think you'll see it get below 18.

Bottom of the channel is comin in hot.

Could that channel touch be the start of the *potential* Santa Rally?

Good call on TQQQ.
Thanks

Channel is hanging by a thread.

LOOKY THERE

Edit to say... I can see this re-tracing to 279.75 (previous support) - 282 (model T)

Will be interesting to see what happens at that point.
FTAG 2000
AG
perma Brew doomster said:

Just another 1.7 trillion in pork coming out of Congress's ass and our wallets.
Golf1
AG
I would love for spy to hit 390 today.
Quote:

From EIA website:
-----
U.S. commercial crude oil inventories (excluding those in the Strategic Petroleum Reserve) decreased by 5.9 million barrels from the previous week. At 418.2 million barrels, U.S. crude oil inventories are about 7% below the five year average for this time of year. Total motor gasoline inventories increased by 2.5 million barrels from last week and are about 2% below the five year average for this time of year. Both Finished gasoline and blending components inventories increased last week. Distillate fuel inventories decreased by 0.2 million barrels last week and are about 7% below the five year average for this time of year. Propane/propylene inventories decreased by 2.9 million barrels from last week and are 17% above the five year average for this time of year. Total commercial petroleum inventories decreased by 11.6 million barrels last week.
Moo!
FTAG 2000
AG
FJ43 said:

Exiting the SPY 382C for Friday expiry for close to double. Not going to be greedy and can always buy again.
Just got trailing stopped out.

What a ride the last half hour.
techno-ag
AG
More UNG/BOIL news. We've been focused on domestic terminals coming online but there's work in Mexico too.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/business/energy/article/DOEsempracruz-17666985.php
Quote:

The Biden administration approved liquefied natural gas export permits for Sempra Energy on Tuesday, allowing the California-based company to ship natural gas from Texas and other western states to a $2 billion LNG export terminal under construction on Mexico's Pacific Coast.

The announcement by the Department of Energy follows complaints from Texas Sen. Ted Cruz that the Biden administration was slow-walking the permitting process. The Republican lawmaker has been holding up confirmation of four of the administration's appointees to the Energy Department in protest.
bmoochie
AG
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

For you Lotto players, consider XOM. Share price should test the $110-$112 level this week (by Friday). API data from yesterday shows a draw. DOE/EIA Weekly Report today at 1030am should confirm a draw reported by API yesterday. Bullish WTI, and supports XOM.
When Farmer moo's, I listen. Got some netfree out of this so thank you!
Brewmaster
AG
FTAG 2000 said:

perma Brew doomster said:

Just another 1.7 trillion in pork coming out of Congress's ass and our wallets.
wow, I missed that headline. crazy, they are going to bankrupt this country.
M4 Benelli
Zelensky and "Big Guy" going to be eating high on the hog, while the rest of us will be scraping our Swanson dinner trays in rueful agony with only a lotto glimmer of hope that WWR finally comes home.

The Year 2032.
BaylorSpineGuy
We have traded into the gap from a few sessions ago but not yet closed it. I suspect we will rally higher on low volume into the holidays with a flush after Xmas. Will be getting my shorts in place before then. This may be wave 2 relief rally before the big drop. SPY found major resistance at just over 387.
FTAG 2000
AG
Zelensky being flown into D.C. on a USAF jet to tell Congress $45 billion in proposed military aid isn't enough.

bmoochie
AG
FJ43 said:

FWIW if we get a good dead cat bounce in the next week into the 390 range I will go short out to Jan or maybe even Feb monthly expiry.
FJ,

We aren't there yet but assuming we get to $390 in the next day or so, are you looking at it as a model T play for retracement back down? Assuming it doesn't venture much higher than $390, that put it roughly around $384. Just curious on your thoughts.
BaylorSpineGuy
Seeing potential reversal here around 386 level. Going long again.

Nevermind: trapped.
BaylorSpineGuy
We flashed off the 50 SMA on SPY. Reversal for next leg down or do we keep rallying?
Txducker
AG
BaylorSpineGuy said:

We flashed off the 50 SMA on SPY. Reversal for next leg down or do we keep rallying?
I don't know but that level will tell us a lot about sentiment.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
BOIL can't seem to decide which way to go.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
3900 pin is a possibility.
techno-ag
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Seems like it wants to stay in the dumps through the holidays.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I entered an order for an iron butterfly 3890/3990/3990/3910 for $9 in credit. Lotto if it fills and will let cash settle
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
If filled. Hope the trading gods are with us. Max loss $1
Philip J Fry
AG
Want to thank everyone on this board for being such incredible people and traders. Here's how I did for the year compared to the SPX. Purple is me. Yellow is the SPX. Couldn't have done it without this board.
SoTXAg09
AG
Philip J Fry said:

Want to thank everyone on this board for being such incredible people and traders. Here's how I did for the year compared to the SPX. Purple is me. Yellow is the SPX. Couldn't have done it without this board.

Man I suck.
FTAG 2000
AG
Philip J Fry said:

Man I stepped away for a few months for work. Incredible job.

I remember you had a system defined, do you mind sharing again?

Thanks and congrats.
CheladaAg
AG
Incredible job…. I think I went 40% win rate (not P/L) based on following this board this year which isn't bad considering the macro market environment.
Boy Named Sue
AG
What app is that you're using?
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Congratulations! That's amazingly well done.
Congratulations! Top shelf performance!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
BOIL volume at the close.
Brewmaster
AG
techno-ag said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Seems like it wants to stay in the dumps through the holidays.
May be due soon for another reverse split - happens about every 2 years, being a leveraged ETF. All I mean, is zoom out 6 months, now try 1 year and 2 years.
First Page Last Page
Page 5894 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.