Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,056,140 Views | 231697 Replies | Last: 17 min ago by Brian Earl Spilner
GreasenUSA
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Didn't want to trade the Q's today with this big of a gap, so TSLA was the only one screaming at me based on yesterday's weakness. Caught the short from 174. Final cover was in mid 165's. Going even lower now... sheesh!
Philip J Fry
AG
Jumped into SH at15.20.
sts7049
AG
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
According to my crayons we're back under the trendline/ into the downward channel. Now just need jerome to finish er off tomorrow
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Sold my entire TQQQ position in my Roth for a small profit. (4.2%)

Still have a significant chunk of UPRO in the red though.
Premium
AG
Could people be manipulating Tesla stock down? They are starting to trend down even when other similar tending stocks are now going up. Does the left hate Twitter stuff so much they are trying to sabotage Tesla?
ProgN
Yes
Spoony Love
AG
It must be hard for them.

Support the product to save the environment (debatable)
Attack the product owner to save the narrative.
Premium
AG
ProgN said:

Yes

How can they do this? Through shorting stock? If so, won't they be caught with their pants down at some point?
techno-ag
AG
They do whatever the media tells them to do
ProgN
If we selloff and close dark red after that open then a lot of astronauts are gonna be stranded.
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
Not unusual. The manipulation in the crude market has been going on for a while. Worldwide crude supply shortage and the price goes down. .... ProgN is spot on.
topher06
Quite the reversal today.
jj9000
AG
To be fair, you've got to wonder where TSLA will land once the true market value is determined.

I've always considered TSLA to be somewhat of a meme stock (before meme stocks we're cool).

Is the company really more valuable than Toyota, Porsche, Volkswagen, Mercedes Benz, BMW, GM , Ford, Ferrari, Honda and Hyundai...combined?

I've never thought so.

GreasenUSA
AG
Premium said:

ProgN said:

Yes

How can they do this? Through shorting stock? If so, won't they be caught with their pants down at some point?
There are a lot of people jealous of Musk on "Wall Street", and have certainly taken the opportunity to get a big short built in it over the last half year.

On the other hand... it was an OG of the modern meme stocks... inflated artificially higher over the course of several years.

I can't remember the exact stat I heard on a podcast last week, but it said that TSLA stock accounted for something like 75% of all automaker market cap at its highs, while Tesla cars being less than 10% of actual market share of autos.

It was bound to revert hard to the mean at some point.
jj9000
AG
I like the way you think, sir.
Triple_Bagger
Premium said:

Could people be manipulating Tesla stock down? They are starting to trend down even when other similar tending stocks are now going up. Does the left hate Twitter stuff so much they are trying to sabotage Tesla?
More likely that it's due to the 50 p/e and the increase in competition. TSLA has been extremely overvalued for years. It will drop below $100 within the next year.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
T&P for all the folks that got caught.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
I ain't get caught! I bought back sold legs of my put spreads!
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
GreasenUSA said:

I can't remember the exact stat I heard on a podcast last week, but it said that TSLA stock accounted for something like 75% of all automaker market cap at its highs, while Tesla cars being less than 10% of actual market share of autos.

ItS nOt A cAr CoMpAnY
iTs A tEcH cOmPaNy ThAt MaKeS cArS
GreasenUSA
AG
Charismatic Megafauna said:

GreasenUSA said:

ItS nOt A cAr CoMpAnY
I enjoy listening to the On The Tape podcast with Dan Nathan, Guy Adami, and Danny Moses, particularly the episode that they do at the end of every week.

But they are the ones that made me realize how much the Wall Street world hates Elon Musk. These 3 are so jealous of him. It's pretty hilarious how much they seethe over him every week.

https://open.spotify.com/show/0sznt21EO7d94NWOZTSnvm
LMCane
jj9000 said:

To be fair, you've got to wonder where TSLA will land once the true market value is determined.

I've always considered TSLA to be somewhat of a meme stock (before meme stocks we're cool).

Is the company really more valuable than Toyota, Porsche, Volkswagen, Mercedes Benz, BMW, GM , Ford, Ferrari, Honda and Hyundai...combined?

I've never thought so.

I agree with you which is why I have not been adding to my position from a year ago

is Tesla a car company, or a Big Tech company?

if it becomes just a car company - why should it be worth more than every other car company combined as above?
LMCane
GreasenUSA said:

GreasenUSA said:

ItS nOt A cAr CoMpAnY
I enjoy listening to the On The Tape podcast with Dan Nathan, Guy Adami, and Danny Moses, particularly the episode that they do at the end of every week.

But they are the ones that made me realize how much the Wall Street world hates Elon Musk. These 3 are so jealous of him. It's pretty hilarious how much they seethe over him every week.

Dan Nathan HATES Elon Musk

and it has nothing to do with a business case for or against Tesla or SpaceX or Twitter

he hates Musk for political reasons.

I'm not taking his advice when he is clearly personally biased on that issue.
Ag CPA
AG
topher06 said:

Quite the reversal today.
Looks like classic "sell the news", crazy.
GreasenUSA
AG
LMCane said:

GreasenUSA said:

GreasenUSA said:

ItS nOt A cAr CoMpAnY

and it has nothing to do with a business case for or against Tesla or SpaceX or Twitter

Yep, it's all because of politics. Easy to read between the lines when listening. I still enjoy the show and have learned to tune out any political leanings.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Right now I'm just glad I took TQQQ profits while I could. Already hit two buys on UPRO on its way down but still have most of that cash.
sts7049
AG
interesting daily pattern here

Chef Elko
AG
LMCane said:

GreasenUSA said:

GreasenUSA said:

ItS nOt A cAr CoMpAnY

He looks like a personified bee sting
Philip J Fry
AG
Philip J Fry said:

Jumped into SH at 15.20.
Yessir!
South Platte
Yes. SPXS.

Philip J Fry
AG
I've been hesitant to do the 3X leveraged thing, but I may reconsider here soon.
Brewmaster
AG

According to my crayons we're back under the trendline/ into the downward channel. Now just need jerome to finish er off tomorrow
with this sell off before FOMC, I'm thinking we rip tomorrow. then continue into Christmas, blow off top, then end of year Look out! let the waterfall commence.
I will even put my money where my mouth is and buy some lotto SPY calls.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Philip J Fry said:

I've been hesitant to do the 3X leveraged thing, but I may reconsider here soon.

Just size smaller and know your stops.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
Brewmaster
AG
grabbed some 12/23 420's. also grabbed some tomorrow exp closer to the money. Ideally, I'd be all out of all of these before FOMC.
First Page Last Page
Page 5879 of 6620

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.