Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,056,483 Views | 231697 Replies | Last: 26 min ago by Brian Earl Spilner
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Once Powell gets to 5.0% / 5.5%, I think that's where the rubber meets the road. I say he can't move higher, or for more than 3 months, then has to cut. He's gotta be +1% over inflation to stop it. I don't think that happens. Powell can't get the rate to 7% or 8% Gov't and Fed needs to let energy markets run....it' will slow the economy on its own. JMO.
Brewmaster
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Based on the movement I've seen in the past week, I wouldn't touch KOLD with a ten foot pole.
Everything consolidates after a big move. The question is pullback or sideways? KOLD went from 14.20's to 15.19.
Bonfire97
AG
Much more runup is going to push the 20 SMA over the 200 SMA. I doubt this will happen. We've got interest rates higher than the last 15 years and going higher. I am frankly shocked they had the guts to go this far. Everybody seems to also be forgetting about the "balance sheet unwinding" Powell is also doing. The market has to puke (or something has to break) before I'm jumping back in.
ProgN
https://www.cnbc.com/2022/12/12/ftx-founder-sam-bankman-fried-arrested-in-the-bahamas-after-us-files-criminal-charges.html
Quote:

Bahamian authorities have arrested Sam Bankman-Fried after U.S. law enforcement filed charges against the former crypto billionaire.

Bahamas Attorney General Ryan Pinder said that the United States had filed unspecified criminal charges against Bankman-Fried and was "likely to request his extradition."

In a statement, Bahamian Prime Minister Philip Davis said "The Bahamas and the United States have a shared interest in holding accountable all individuals associated with FTX who may have betrayed the public trust and broken the law. While the United States is pursuing criminal charges against SBF individually, The Bahamas will continue its own regulatory and criminal investigations into the collapse of FTX, with the continued cooperation of its law enforcement and regulatory partners in the United States and elsewhere."

Bankman-Fried was expected to testify before the House Financial Services Committee tomorrow. His arrest is the first concrete move by regulators to hold individuals accountable for the multi-billion dollar implosion of FTX last month.
BaylorSpineGuy
Please no GIF's of the American History X shower scene. ;-).
FJ43
BaylorSpineGuy said:

Oh boy…here we go…..
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

ProgN
BaylorSpineGuy said:

I love movies and gifs and I'm tempted doc.
BaylorSpineGuy
ProgN said:

BaylorSpineGuy said:

The shower scene from Naked Gun 33 1/3 would be perfect tho! Lol
ProgN
BaylorSpineGuy said:

ProgN said:

BaylorSpineGuy said:

The shower scene from Naked Gun 33 1/3 would be perfect tho! Lol

BaylorSpineGuy
Yessss!!!!! Bend over and get that for me…..woukd ya, lover?
ProgN
BlueTaze
If SBF maintains plausible deniability and avoids Madoff type criminal convictions, then those who took donations from him likely get to keep it. If they prove he stole money, then the feds can go after recipients.

My guess is in the end this goes down as wreckless risk management, where user funds were consumed in a massive margin call when his crypto portfolio and shytcoin both collapsed. Powerful stakeholders have a vested interest in this playing out like Lehman or Enron, not Madoff.
ProgN
BlueTaze said:

If SBF maintains plausible deniability and avoids Madoff type criminal convictions, then those who took donations from him likely get to keep it. If they prove he stole money, then the feds can go after recipients.

My guess is in the end this goes down as wreckless risk management, where user funds were consumed in a massive margin call when his crypto portfolio and shytcoin both collapsed. Powerful stakeholders have a vested interest in this playing out like Lehman or Enron, not Madoff.
He's been giving interviews against the advice of his lawyers and digging deeper. His ex-gf and top "executives" of FTX have been silent and it's suspected that they're cooperating with the feds. IMHO, SBF will be Epsteined before he receives a slap on the wrist, but we'll see.
BlueTaze
Ornithopter
AG
So, gonna be 7.45 percent
Bob Knights Paper Hands
If CPI is expected to be lower, but that is purely due to energy prices that were artificially low due to Biden SPR and China COVID political decisions does the Fed bite? If food and others continue to increase I'm not sure we're going to get a lot of dovish comments or rate decisions, since I think they truly want to defeat inflation not just play games with numbers driven by political decisions. We'll see I guess.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
This is a big front run.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Wow 402 again. This is going to be exciting!
sts7049
AG
BaylorSpineGuy
Green dildos
SF2004
AG
Inflation is still increasing.

Joke of a system.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Lol. Over 7.1% inflation.

Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Yeah but it increased less than they expected it to! And the headlines say "lowest monthly increase in over a year! " great job guys!!!
txaggie_08
AG
Charismatic Megafauna said:

Yeah but it increased less than they expected it to! And the headlines say "lowest monthly increase in over a year! " great job guys!!!

Not to mention the 6.8% increase we had in Nov. 2021
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

Lol. Over 7.1% inflation.

It's cumulatively up over 16% at least since 2020.

I'm just tired of my grocery bill rising higher and higher every time I go and we are buying less and less.
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
Spoony Love
AG
Fade the first move?
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Just my two cents. Many people will be long biased now and will jump in with FOMO.

This was the event everyone had been waiting for.

Don't forget first move is often a trap. I only see that talked about on pukes.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Spoony Love said:

Fade the first move?

Not just because, wait for a setup.
Spoony Love
AG
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I don't trade indexes when this happens. It's a huge move, premiums will be collapsing and you don't know where it goes next.

Individual stocks - yes
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
If you do trade indexes, use spreads
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Caught Tesla short. Going to try to HODL
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

Caught Tesla short. Going to try to HODL

Had to trim
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Bailing now
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Put in an extended hours sell for BOIL at $41.85. (45 shares)

Gonna hold on to my other 100 and see how high this thing can go.
Lowered to $40.99.
Triggered at $41.42 for +17%.

Currently +37% on the other 100.
First Page Last Page
Page 5878 of 6620

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.