Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,048,805 Views | 231657 Replies | Last: 7 min ago by Cru
BaylorSpineGuy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Prices above 398 will provide excellent short opportunity if it gets there. It rejected right around 398.70 when PPI came out this morning.
insulator_king
AG
Exxon Mobil announced its five-year corporate plan Thursday, following Chevron's update Wednesday on its plans for 2023 capital spending. XOM reports that it plans to maintain its annual capital expenditures at $20 billion to $25 billion through 2027. However, the oil giant is also planning to increase its share buyback program to $50 billion through 2024. This is up from the previous $30 billion through 2023. XOM has a $15 billion buy back program in 2022.

from https://www.investors.com/news/exxon-mobil-stock-advances-with-more-buy-backs-through-2024/?src=A00220
techno-ag
AG
Triple_Bagger said:

Charismatic Megafauna said:

You boil guys think they ran everybody's stops then put in a beautiful 3 day rounded bottom on the hourly for just $5? Look at 10/21. I bet she tags $35 tomorrow

Ok i was a day early
Up over 30% this week
Happy.
techno-ag
AG
Golf1 said:

Theta has been killing my VIX calls. Feel like I need to just get rid of these things and take the loss.
Vix seemed to be acting strange lately and it was reflected in the ETFs. Don't blame you for harvesting losses here.
cjo03
AG

You boil guys think they ran everybody's stops then put in a beautiful 3 day rounded bottom on the hourly for just $5? Look at 10/21. I bet she tags $35 tomorrow

do it again, do it again!

what's she gonna tag next week?
Heineken-Ashi
techno-ag said:

Golf1 said:

Theta has been killing my VIX calls. Feel like I need to just get rid of these things and take the loss.
Vix seemed to be acting strange lately and it was reflected in the ETFs. Don't blame you for harvesting losses here.

Market volatility index doesn't spike when market stays range bound. Who would've thought?

If you bought VIX with intentions of it going crazy before FOMC then I think you are likely missing the forest through the trees.
“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Blind squirrel/nut situation
topher06
Sitting today out on options, doesn't seem to be many catalysts. EDIT: Was wrong apparently.
techno-ag
AG
I did not, thankfully. I bought into UVXY waiting for it to rebound to the mean which it eventually does. Hoped to see the Fed accelerate things in that regard but was not counting on it.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
SPX 4000 calls are cheap.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
wanderer
didn't buy, but they are already up >50% since you posted (.8 to 1.4)
SoTXAg09
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

SPX 4000 calls are cheap.

Well these went up 60% in minutes.
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
insulator_king said:

Exxon Mobil announced its five-year corporate plan Thursday, following Chevron's update Wednesday on its plans for 2023 capital spending. XOM reports that it plans to maintain its annual capital expenditures at $20 billion to $25 billion through 2027. However, the oil giant is also planning to increase its share buyback program to $50 billion through 2024. This is up from the previous $30 billion through 2023. XOM has a $15 billion buy back program in 2022.

from https://www.investors.com/news/exxon-mobil-stock-advances-with-more-buy-backs-through-2024/?src=A00220
Great post! I'm behind. 5 inches of snow. Kept me busy. The presentation is on the corporate website and it's a good one, if you have the time to listen. Dividend paid today. Gonna eat good! $50 billion buyback, considering total time period and total dollars, it's well over a million shares a day or about 5% of the 65 day average trading volume. Buying back ~12% of the company. Saves about $2 billion a quarter in dividend payments after all said and done - assuming those shares are retired. PE is low today and low future. It continues to be pretty dang safe. XOM is 60% owned by institutions. Go XOM!

FJ43 - I committed a sin. I sold a rifle. I didn't think he would bite on my offer. He didn't flinch. That buyer is kinda like me, temptation is my greatest weakness. Pocketed 3X.

Y'all make a bunch of money and have a great weekend!
spud1910
AG
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

FJ43 - I committed a sin. I sold a rifle. I didn't think he would bite on my offer. He didn't flinch. That buyer is kinda like me, temptation is my greatest weakness. Pocketed 3X.

Y'all make a bunch of money and have a great weekend!
There's a shotgun for sale on the OB that you could buy as penance.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
See brew? Noon murder algo
topher06
See how much they loaded it up today.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG

See brew? Noon murder algo
No, just low volume chop.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
It is probably close to exhausting itself as well.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Call it what you want but spy sure did drop a buck in 12 minutes. And almost a 395.3 touch! I'll buy the next one
topher06
1:00 murder algo.
jbeck3487
AG
NFLX broke the trendline today but has fallen back underneath. The close could determine whether it continues with the breakout or falls back into the wedge.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
+8% on BOIL shares. (Bought more on today's dip.)

I feel like I left money on the table last time so gonna try not to paperhands too early this time.
topher06
Power hour time, lets see if they have the murder algo loaded or just plan to premium kill.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
This is a lot of chop near the resistance at 3970. I don't know if it will break. Lots of acceptance of a level normally leads to breaking it.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Those tricky market makers.

topher06
Down goes SPY 395
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Took two lotto 3955C at 0.75. Will sell 1 at 1.5 if we get there
SoTXAg09
AG
Of course I close my 3970/3965 credit spread for break even 2 minutes before the dump.
topher06
Did something happen or is this just stop hunting?
Heineken-Ashi
Going to end with indecision beer candles on all major indexes for the week with mostly downtrends on the daily.

While not a 100% guarantee of continuation, it is a big red flag if you are long. Time to take profits and wait for new uptrend or at the very least, hedge significantly.

Emerging markets are up in a small bounce but this week's candle has not made a new high despite no lower wick. Not an exit indicator, but it should be on your horizon for next week if you are long.

O&G are all either indecision following downtrends or solidly down.

Metals are in weekly uptrends with Platinum and Palladium the weakest of the bunch showing indecision beer candles.

Bond prices are weekly solid uptrends while yields are solid downtrends. Some yields are showing signs of potential rounded bottom. Dollar is solid downtrend.

Commodities are mostly indecision or down with Oats and Milk looking the weakest and furthest down and cattle showing the most strength. Bloomberg commodity index is in a downtrend on weekly beer candles.
“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Quite the action.
topher06
Brutal close
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Low volume, algo driven. Happens all the time. Basically a flattish week.

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
We ended up basically exactly on yesterday's close. 3970 and 3920 have been the guard rails. There is going to be a move after the fed. Let's see if we get the Santa rally. It would start around next week
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
$luv looks poised for a move back to $40
First Page Last Page
Page 5874 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.