Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,048,993 Views | 231657 Replies | Last: 12 min ago by Cru
Ags2013
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
wanderer said:

Nothing brings people out of the woodworks more than a good ol' WWR discussion.

While we're talking about it though, if it loses that $1 "support" then it could go down a ways (if that's even possible to go lower).

aaaaannnnnddd there it goes
AgEng06
AG
Dammit. I'm just glad I sold some covered calls way back when to lower my cost basis a little bit. I'm not down quite as much as TDA thinks I am.
wanderer
wanderer said:

wanderer said:

If anyone is interested, these are now available for under 70 cents.

An idea…..Can buy these Jan calls and sell the 12/16 $75c for $.10-$.15 (total debit). **This does come with some risk since the call you're selling is less than the strike you'll own.
I'm gonna bring this one up one more time.

You can still buy (Jan 80c) and sell Dec (75c) for .14. Even if the ticker is above $75 next friday the gain on Jan $80 will keep up with the gain on the Dec 75c. If the ticker stays at ~$69-70 you'd even be able to sell Jan 85c for a dime on 12/19 if you wanted for a $5 spread all at the cost of ~.04 (plus fees).

This is far from a slam dunk profit trade, but it seems like there is great R/R here.

I'm all ears to hear how/why this is an awful idea.
ProgN
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
wanderer said:

wanderer said:

wanderer said:

If anyone is interested, these are now available for under 70 cents.

An idea…..Can buy these Jan calls and sell the 12/16 $75c for $.10-$.15 (total debit). **This does come with some risk since the call you're selling is less than the strike you'll own.
I'm gonna bring this one up one more time.

You can still buy (Jan 80c) and sell Dec (75c) for .14. Even if the ticker is above $75 next friday the gain on Jan $80 will keep up with the gain on the Dec 75c. If the ticker stays at ~$69-70 you'd even be able to sell Jan 85c for a dime on 12/19 if you wanted for a $5 spread all at the cost of ~.04 (plus fees).

This is far from a slam dunk profit trade, but it seems like there is great R/R here.

I'm all ears to hear how/why this is an awful idea.

Because if you get exercised between now and next week you get assigned and end up short those shares at $7500/contract? I guess worst case (stock has mooned and is over $80) you exercise your jan calls to cover and are only out $500/contract, but any price above 75.14 over the next week and you lose money. R/r doesn't seem great to me
Another edit: i neglected the value of the long call...value of those go to somewhere between 1.5 and 3.5 if the short call goes itm and exercised... that's still likely to leave you in the red if the sp is over say 76.65 next fri
topher06
I said I'd follow up on this. I was successful in getting my fees reduced by Merrill Lynch from $0.65/contract to $0.50/contract. I think I should have maybe pressed for more, but think the cut to $0.50 is significant. I trade a bit more than I think most on this thread do, but worth a shot if you trade a decent number of options. I'm guessing I trade 100-150 or so per week.
insulator_king
AG
Ags2013 said:

Am I the only idiot still holding WWR?
I lowered my cost basis to $1.50/share now.
Yee Haw!
wanderer
If the stock next Friday is at:
  • $76 - the Jan $80c should be ~$1.90ish
  • $77 - the Jan $80c should be ~$2.25ish
  • $78 - the Jan $80c should be ~$2.70ish
  • $79 - the Jan $80c should be ~$3.20ish
  • $80 - the Jan $80c should be ~$3.75ish

So yes, there is some risk the higher it goes, but that's a $10+ move in a week. Like I said, not without it's risks, but seems like good R/R.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
One of these days I'm going to learn to stop trading 0dte after about 11am. Did great this morning, got eaten alive for a couple hours, then nailed a 30% as soon as i switched to fridays
jbeck3487
AG
Ags2013 said:

I am still holding, but it is not a significant portion of my portfolio.
wanderer
jbeck3487 said:

Ags2013 said:

I am still holding, but it is not a significant portion of my portfolio.
Mine either anymore.......and it's getting to be a smaller % day by day.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Thoughts on SOXL as a hold at these levels? Just broke even on it today but concerned this rally is gonna fizzle out soon. May just get out whole while I can.
BaylorSpineGuy
insulator_king said:

Ags2013 said:

I lowered my cost basis to $1.50/share now.
Yee Haw!

lol this is the way! If you buy an infinite amount of shares, your net loss per share would approach zero!

I jest. I lost money on that turd too so pretty much everyone here can laugh about it haha.
Triple_Bagger
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Thoughts on SOXL as a hold at these levels? Just broke even on it today but concerned this rally is gonna fizzle out soon. May just get out whole while I can.
Leveraged ETFs are never a longterm investment.
Triple_Bagger
Looks like futures contracts rolled out to March on Trading View. Hate when there's such a big gap between ES and SPX. Time to recalibrate.
BaylorSpineGuy
Triple_Bagger said:

Looks like futures contracts rolled out to March on Trading View. Hate when there's such a big gap between ES and SPX. Time to recalibrate.

I saw Mancini allude to this last week in a tweet somewhere. Does this change the price of SPX at all? I think the gap goes somewhere to around 30 (was close to 5 or so these last few days).
jimmo
me too
kinda considering buying more at this level
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Depends on your definition of long. I've typically hold them for a few weeks.
Triple_Bagger
No, it doesn't effect SPX pricing
Triple_Bagger
Brian Earl Spilner said:

That is not my definition of long
Heineken-Ashi
Triple_Bagger said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

If you're not long enough you will likely pull out early and miss out on the climax of the trade.
“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
Triple_Bagger
Heineken-Ashi said:

Triple_Bagger said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

If you're not long enough you will likely pull out early and miss out on the climax of the trade.
Story of my life...
cjo03
AG
Well then..
FJ43
FJ43 said:

Philip J Fry said:

I usually buy DNN around $1 and then sell at 1.25. Rinse and repeat.
Bought today at 1.07. Will add at 1.00

Did not sell. White SRs are levels for swings.

This is why I bought yesterday and why I held all. Will see what happens with next attempt at 1.17.

Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

wanderer
This here is why it seems like it'll be hard for there to be a big sustained drop in the near-term.
Jet Black
ProgN
Wholesale prices rose 0.3% in November, more than expected, despite hopes that inflation is cooling (cnbc.com)

Quote:

Wholesale prices rose more than expected in November, dampening hopes that inflation could be headed lower, the Labor Department reported Friday.

The producer price index, a measure of what companies get for their products in the pipeline, increased 0.3% for the month and 7.4% from a year ago. Economists surveyed by Dow Jones had been looking for a 0.2% gain.

Excluding food and energy, core PPI was up 0.4%, also against a 0.2% estimate.
Golf1
AG
That 3920-3930 level has been strong support.
BaylorSpineGuy
Moreover, SPY has been a magnet to 395 area. It's stuck to it like a rip cord. Any time it extends away from there, it slingshots back. Once VIX expires or possibly next week due to FOMC/CPI, I expect things will decline. That's my guess at least…..
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Bullish!
Hmmm...calls or puts at next 395.3 touch...
Thinking puts
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Charismatic Megafauna said:

You boil guys think they ran everybody's stops then put in a beautiful 3 day rounded bottom on the hourly for just $5? Look at 10/21. I bet she tags $35 tomorrow

Ok i was a day early
Triple_Bagger

You boil guys think they ran everybody's stops then put in a beautiful 3 day rounded bottom on the hourly for just $5? Look at 10/21. I bet she tags $35 tomorrow

Ok i was a day early
Up over 30% this week
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I wouldn't expect too much until the Fed. 3920 - 4000 (3970 really) is a chop zone for now.

3920 has been nails on holding support but it's been tested many many times now.

I missed Netflix yesterday. MRNA is setting up
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
Golf1
AG
Theta has been killing my VIX calls. Feel like I need to just get rid of these things and take the loss.
SF2004
AG
ProgN said:

Wholesale prices rose 0.3% in November, more than expected, despite hopes that inflation is cooling (cnbc.com)

Quote:

Wholesale prices rose more than expected in November, dampening hopes that inflation could be headed lower, the Labor Department reported Friday.

The producer price index, a measure of what companies get for their products in the pipeline, increased 0.3% for the month and 7.4% from a year ago. Economists surveyed by Dow Jones had been looking for a 0.2% gain.

Excluding food and energy, core PPI was up 0.4%, also against a 0.2% estimate.

.3% miss but no pudge down. .2% beat on CPI and it green dildos up.

You can tell the MMs will burn the options they need to. Can't let the plebs in retail be right.
First Page Last Page
Page 5873 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.