Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,048,860 Views | 231657 Replies | Last: 9 min ago by Cru
FishrCoAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Philip J Fry said:

I usually buy DNN around $1 and then sell at 1.25. Rinse and repeat.

Anywhere under 1.10 and sell over 1.20 for me.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
In all seriousness if we test HOD I will be careful to take profits on any pullback there. The double top or bottom has been really the past month plus.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Hoo boy now we're trading! 2 round trips from 394.25 to 392 so far!
Bob Knights Paper Hands
I'm out on calls. Made money on one set, lost a little more on the other. Poop.

I jumped back in to the SPX calls. I don't know if that was smart or not, definitely felt like chasing. We'll see if it can break HOD.
FishrCoAg
AG
Triple_Bagger said:

TheVarian said:

Sold some Apple stock and have some money to play with.

Have been eyeballing DNN and Gold for some time. I'm a newbie and should know more than I do right now but are those two good long term holds?
Uranium is a gamble so I wouldn't recommend DNN as a longterm hold.
Gold could be a good one, especially if the fed pivots next year, but is also a gamble.

IMO, good longterm buys today are PARA, VZ, GOOGL, BRKB, MO.

Oh and have you heard of WWR. At $1.02 per share, it's a pretty cheap entry into our cult.

Uranium is a gamble. Buy WWR.
TheVarian
AG
Great thougtt he a,

I did purchase WWR late and at an uptick at an average of $2. So I'm a bit down at the moment and am thinking of just purchasing more to keep costs down and in hopes of it exploding one day
Foamcows
AG
Anyone else here monitoring $ZIM? been invested in it for quite some time, and been cost averaging it down as it drops, but its starting to get extremely painful and I am wondering if I am missing some red flags?
JbKing45
TheVarian said:

Great thougtt he a,

I did purchase WWR late and at an uptick at an average of $2. So I'm a bit down at the moment and am thinking of just purchasing more to keep costs down and in hopes of it exploding one day

I'd wait until it's $0.25.
Golf1
AG
I feel like we are creating the right shoulder on SPY and we get to the $400-402 area before the fall
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Hmmm...395.28 again. Rinse and repeat
BaylorSpineGuy
Pretty choppy today. Tried some short momentum trades but cut all of them for minimal gain and loss.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Gross action again
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I want to go long but I don't trust this.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
There is a trend like going back to yesterdays low and todays lows.
wanderer
UPRO long with a stop just below 35.34?? (or more aggressively just below 35.18)

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Brutal fake outs.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
35.50 in my opinion.
BaylorSpineGuy
$30,000 Millionaire said:

Brutal fake outs.

Agree. I felt a few times today I had good entry points and as soon as it started moving in one direction, two candles at best for a reversal. I just gave up and decided to save my money for a better day. Lol
Txducker
AG
agree, spy does feel choppy. Today may be a rest day for option premium burning. The 10:00 high rejection has me leaning lower vs higher. The direction from that time frame is usually continued until lunch time and we still haven't tested yesterday's lod in rth. A newer low was set premkt.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Trying now.
topher06
Failed again
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Futures long at 3936, stop 3932
Txducker
AG
Txducker said:

agree, spy does feel choppy. Today may be a rest day for option premium burning. The 10:00 high rejection has me leaning lower vs higher. The direction from that time frame is usually continued until lunch time and we still haven't tested yesterday's lod in rth. A newer low was set premkt.
spy 393.68 has been rejected twice. It is the 0.41 fib from todays high to the 1034 candle low. It is also in the hourly 5 ema area. Hourly trend is still down with the 5 ema below the 10. The 0630-09:00 lower trend line has held support so far, but time is running out on the trend lines for a breakout.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Crap. Had thought about putting a little more cash into BOIL at 26 but I'll take the rally. Hope it really takes off from here.
Rydyn
AG
Triple_Bagger said:

TheVarian said:

Sold some Apple stock and have some money to play with.

Have been eyeballing DNN and Gold for some time. I'm a newbie and should know more than I do right now but are those two good long term holds?
Uranium is a gamble so I wouldn't recommend DNN as a longterm hold.
Gold could be a good one, especially if the fed pivots next year, but is also a gamble.

IMO, good longterm buys today are PARA, VZ, GOOGL, BRKB, MO.

Oh and have you heard of WWR. At $1.02 per share, it's a pretty cheap entry into our cult.
There was something in this report yesterday that people did not like:
https://wes****erresources.net/news-releases/2022/12/06/wes****er-resources-announces-completion-of-technical-report-summary-for-its-coosa-graphite-deposit-in-alabama/

Also, here is their 10-Q for Q3:
https://wes****erresources.net/wp-content/uploads/2022/11/WES****ER_RESOURCES_INC_20221109_10-Q_EDGAR_Bannerless.pdf

Some excepts from the MD&A:
Kellyton Graphite Plant Construction Update During the third quarter of 2022, the Company continued construction activities related to Phase I of its Kellyton Graphite Plant, including the completion of earthwork and site grading. Construction activity during the third quarter also included receipt of more long-lead equipment components, and further work on underground utilities, foundations, and the manufacturing of plant buildings. As previously announced, in April 2022, the Company completed the buildout of its Kellyton administrative offices, hosted a groundbreaking ceremony at the site of the Kellyton Graphite Plant, and selected a general contractor for the construction of the Kellyton Graphite Plant.

The Company has estimated the cost to construct and commission Phase I of the Kellyton Graphite Plant to be approximately $202 million, of which approximately $50.5 million has been incurred to date. Subject to global supply chain disruptions and challenges, and the Company's ability to raise the remaining capital necessary to complete Phase I of the Kellyton Graphite Plant, the Company is targeting that it will begin testing and commissioning Phase I of the Kellyton Graphite Plant in mid-year 2023 and expects the testing and commissioning to continue in the second half of 2023.

Coosa Graphite Deposit Exploration Program The Company began an exploration project in April 2021 to investigate the size and extent of both graphite and vanadium mineral concentrations at the Coosa Graphite Deposit. In April 2022, the Company completed the drilling activity related to this exploration program and expects to complete a resource model by the end of the year 2022. The exploration program was conducted on approximately 4,000 acres out of a total of the approximately 41,965 acres for which Wes****er holds mineral rights. In addition, as part of the resource model, vanadium mineralization is expected to be evaluated using extractive metallurgy techniques to ascertain the economic potential, if any, of the vanadium at the Coosa Graphite Deposit. Subject to its own definitive feasibility study, the availability and costs of financing, and regulatory approval, the Company anticipates that the mining operations related to the Coosa Graphite Deposit will commence by the end of 2028.

[So revenue is still at least a year away. Kellyton is still not operational in 2023 and Coosa until the end of 2028.

Besides the assumption that there will be demand for a high-premium, domestic graphite source, the real "bet" on WWR is that they'll be able to build Kellyton before they run out of reasonable financing. If it's now going to cost $202M with $50M already incurred, and they have $100M on hand, then they still need ~$50M (+ 2023 OPEX) more in financing.

This is new. I don't remember the details but I went through this same thought process in April as rates were going up and concluded that WWR still had it all covered without added debt, so the deflated share price and construction inflation must be hitting them hard. There is discussion in the document about alternate capital sourcing, but the primary path is to sell the remainder of their stock issue (~35M shares if I understood it correctly), so they'd need to get about $2/ share to completely cover it.]
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
That bottom trend line is holding still.
Rydyn
AG
STAFF! Can we get this fixed? Even if you blank out the bad word in the display, why can't you leave it alone in the link?

https://wes****erresources.net/news-releases/2022/12/06/wes****er-resources-announces-completion-of-technical-report-summary-for-its-coosa-graphite-deposit-in-alabama/

https://wes****erresources.net/wp-content/uploads/2022/11/WES****ER_RESOURCES_INC_20221109_10-Q_EDGAR_Bannerless.pdf
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
There it is. Ugh.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
BOIL wants 30.
Spoony Love
AG
Staff is biased against British common slang
wanderer
wanderer said:

If anyone is interested, these are now available for under 70 cents.

An idea…..Can buy these Jan calls and sell the 12/16 $75c for $.10-$.15 (total debit). **This does come with some risk since the call you're selling is less than the strike you'll own.
techno-ag
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

BOIL wants 30.
So do all those buyers in the 20s. And next week this time it's supposed to be more wintery.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Y'all all are always saying gaps get filled, so maybe it goes all the way back to $35 soon. Here's hoping.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Long tomorrow 395C at 1.5. Stop 1.1
South Platte
BaylorSpineGuy said:

Bonfire1996 said:

2 year treasury is now 15 basis points below where rates will be in 8 days. This is the first time this has happened during the Fed's current tightening cycle. For the past year, the 2 year treasury has listened to Powell and other members, and accelerated past where the next move was anticipated to go.

Translated: Market is telling the FED, "you don't have the balls to keep rates at next week's level for very long."

We are in a dangerous place for fiscal policy at the moment.

So if the 2 yr yield is gonna drop (and looks to have already peaked), are there any leveraged ETF's to trade to gain exposure to the short term bond?

It looks like it's in a big H&S pattern now with the neckline around 4.25. A break below there and it could drop pretty aggressively with significant move in bond price.
Not a short term treasury leveraged ETF, but I'm up 22% on TMF, a 20 year treasury bull ETF. I only got in after watching TTT churn up smoothly all of 2022 and then start to pull back.
First Page Last Page
Page 5869 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.