Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,052,760 Views | 231676 Replies | Last: 8 min ago by Heineken-Ashi
irish pete ag06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Boy Named Sue said:

Great. I got in OXY at $69.42.
Buddy, I'm really really long in it after taking big profits earlier. Likely going to end up red.
Boy Named Sue
AG
I knew I shoulda got out at $74. Question is sell now and cut losses or ride it out and hope to recover.
techno-ag
AG
Boy Named Sue said:

I knew I shoulda got out at $74. Question is sell now and cut losses or ride it out and hope to recover.
Tax harvest time?
topher06
Buying some XOM calls.
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
Good move in my opinion.
XOM typically runs to dividend payout. Div payout is Friday 12/9. And it generally runs after payout.
XOM fell $2 on less than a million shares. A highly unusual move.
Further, Santa Rally typically starts the second week of Dec.
I'd say the wind is at your back.

Ag CPA
AG
Santa Clause rallies start after Christmas.
That's Xmas bonus season.
Brewmaster
AG
Ag CPA said:

or it's like gas prices in reverse, raise them a ton, to then drop them later and say, "hey, look we made your gas cheaper"!.

sell off a bunch, then rally. "Look, Santa rally!" LOL.
topher06
Let's hope so, bought them to January 2022 and happy I got that extra time at the moment.
BaylorSpineGuy
Ag CPA said:

This is correct. And it's typically amplified in an already green year, where no one sells their green stocks until after new year's.

My guess is people will be abandoning red positions during end of year, amplifying a selloff. Some have already tax loss harvested but there may be many more who wait toward the very end of the year.
topher06 said:

Let's hope so, bought them to January 2022 and happy I got that extra time at the moment.
Chatter in the markets that API and EIA will both show large draws in this week's report for last week activity. Of course, the previous 2 weeks had a large draw and a massive draw, respectively and did nothing for price. It's a matter of time before outages get some media time and the real market gets exposed for what it is. Don't forget, Saudi noted a couple months back that OPEC would convene at a moments notice if markets warranted an emergency meeting.

Crude draws taking place and Brent/WTI markets going down... Yet, Democrats are lobbying, as of last Thursday, to stop future sales out of the SPR. Congress is mandated by law to sell 33 million barrels in 2023. Dems know their stunt of SPR Releases in 2022 put our nation in a National Security Risk. But hey,.....there's plenty crude oil everywhere, so why worry over 33 million barrels of SPR. Just buy it off the open market, no? Look at the falling prices? That's why this situation is very heavily coated with bad info, deceit, lies, and misdirection to try and keep market prices low in an effort to hurt Russia (and that's not going to happen). And, an effort to lessen the financial blow to EU who has to source energy off the open market.

Let Freeport open up and then see what LNG does. This isn't TA, it's pure manipulation in both LNG and crude.

Russia will cutback crude production. Saudi just needs to turn the valve closer to the "off" position. And, those 2 items would signify a "market bottom" or does it.. Maybe it signifies something else.(?)
EngrAg14
AG
I believe we don't rally till be fill that 380 gap.
Which I could see happening this week or next.
Short jump, sideways action into Christmas and then slow rise before the NYE/NY jump beyond 400 again
techno-ag
AG
techno-ag said:

Watching closely. Sub $30 is an excellent price. $23 is its 52wl.
Bought some more at 28 today. And I guess if it drops again tomorrow I'll buy some more.
Triple_Bagger
techno-ag said:

techno-ag said:

Watching closely. Sub $30 is an excellent price. $23 is its 52wl.
Bought some more at 28 today. And I guess if it drops again tomorrow I'll buy some more.
I'm guilty as well.

Pretty quiet day in the group despite a decent move in the markets. Everyone taking off for Christmas vacation? I thought we would at least wait until next weeks FOMC/CPI before unplugging.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
I screwed up (at least) once...had meetings all morning so set buy orders on some expiring spy calls and more friday boil call spreads, got back to my desk to see that my orders had filled and she did not bounce. Drew some lines and next time we failed to recover orl bought a bunch of 397 (i think? ) puts for .06. Sold enough at .2 and .25 to recover my capital +20% and held the rest to 0. Also bought more cpe dec calls and a couple feb spy 330/321 put spreads, just in case
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Gross day. Did poorly. Exited shorts too early, held calls too long.
FJ43
Meh….

Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

Txducker
AG
FJ43 said:

Meh….

I see those yellow trend lines closing in and makes me think we have a good opportunity for volatility coming up. Maybe buying a strangle going into the triangle tip.
wanderer
It's odd. A few of my candles look slightly different, causing the trendlines to not appear the same.

I'm guessing it's differences on how the candles are configured to show PM/AH price action?? If the answer is yes, then the follow-up question is what is the most common way of charting?

jimmo
I've noticed some trendline irregularities w/ TOS.
- draw trendline on daily chart, and seems off on 30 minute chart.
- I have trouble w/ trendlines on tick charts d/t they 'snap' to last price or something. (tried turning off feature)

Not sure what you're referring to though... the candles look consistent.to me?
wanderer
What originally stuck out to me was the big green candle 3-4 days ago.

On FJs chart the bottom of the wick hits his yellow trend line. For that same day on mine, it doesn't hit what appears to be the same drawn trend line.
jimmo
ahh, gotcha.
I've noticed similar. Think it's not too unusual from 1 platform to another to see slight differences.
I know it was discussed here once, regarding where precisely the 200 EMA was at EOD. there many different prices noted from various charts.

ETA: Looks like FJ's chart is on his phone too, FWIW
TxAgLaw03RW
AG
WWR news:

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20221206005264/en/

Press release and SEC filing regarding the outcome of drilling operations. Seems to verify the graphite deposits are there and things are moving forward.
MOCO9
AG
TxAgLaw03RW said:

WWR news:

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20221206005264/en/

Press release and SEC filing regarding the outcome of drilling operations. Seems to verify the graphite deposits are there and things are moving forward.

After close to two years of holding I finally sold half my shares last Friday. You're welcome.
wanderer
I wouldn't dwell to much….share price is lower than it was on Friday. This one hasn't left the station.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Give me 1.5 and those shares will go the way of goco
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
wanderer said:

I wouldn't dwell to much….share price is lower than it was on Friday. This one hasn't left the station.
Triple_Bagger
SAVA

AUSTIN, Texas, Dec. 06, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Cassava Sciences, Inc.(SAVA) , a clinical-stage biotechnology company, today announced the completion of drug administration in an open-label study of simufilam for Alzheimer's disease. This study was designed to evaluate long-term drug safety and to measure cognitive changes (ADAS-cog) over 12 months in approximately 200 patients with mild-to-moderate Alzheimer's disease treated with open-label simufilam 100 mg twice daily. Simufilam is Cassava Sciences' oral drug candidate for Alzheimer's disease dementia.

To ensure the highest integrity of data analysis, outside biostatisticians with specific expertise in Alzheimer's disease will conduct an independent statistical analysis on the clinical dataset. Cassava Sciences(SAVA) may announce study results approximately year-end 2022, pending completion of a study report by outside biostatisticians.

"We are thrilled with the progress made to date in the clinical development of simufilam, our oral drug candidate for people with Alzheimer's disease," said Remi Barbier, President & CEO. "We applaud recent clinical advances with anti-amyloid antibody drugs for Alzheimer's, but these may not be enough. I think innovations are needed around new targets, new molecules, drug safety and dosing. I believe Cassava Sciences(SAVA) may be at the forefront of this effort to innovate."
FTAG 2000
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

Gross day. Did poorly. Exited shorts too early, held calls too long.

Did I miss what you did with BOIL?
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
High probability trades only today.
I'm looking for a bounce at 395.2

FJ43
Let's see what happens at the yellow arrow or just below at the red SR. Yellow arrow = ATR mean.

Breaking uptrend so needs to recover.

Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

wanderer
If anyone is interested, these are now available for under 70 cents.

Boy Named Sue
AG

topher06
Good call on this one. Scalped a few SPY calls, not enough to make up for those XOM calls though
irish pete ag06
AG
When I'm in a trade, it always seems like my computer fan kicks into high gear and I like to pretend it's my computer trying to will it to win.
First Page Last Page
Page 5866 of 6620

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.