Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,072,971 Views | 231775 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by El_duderino
BaylorSpineGuy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Triple_Bagger said:

BaylorSpineGuy said:

10Y yield falling pretty good now. Down 3.506 today.

Falling yield…..may mean a few things. Fed about to pivot, which is not historically bullish. May signal a recession very soon. Fed funds rate now above 10Y Treasury yield.

Big money buys bonds for safety plus small interest income.

Curious to see what exactly happens here next.
Fed is not pivoting. Every Fed speaker has said no pivot but no one believes them. Barr just said a few minutes ago:

IT IS A MISTAKE TO BELIEVE THAT CHANGES IN THE PACE OF RATE HIKES INDICATE A SHIFT IN THE FED'S COMMITMENT TO A 2% INFLATION TARGET.

THE FED'S POLICY RATE WILL HAVE TO REMAIN HIGH FOR AN LONG PERIOD OF TIME.

WE AREN'T THINKING ABOUT LOOSENING.

We will be in a deep recession before a pivot.

I understand what you're saying but it has historically been the other way. Major recessions and drawdowns in equities occur after the pivot!

I'm proposing reasons as to why 10Y bond has dropped almost 25 bps in a week without barely a mention. It could be recession, and it could mean a return to more normal interest rate levels. It's the reason to have a discussion…:-)
ProgN
J Pow has mentioned "demand destruction" more than once. The fastest way to reign in consumer spending is by crushing the stock market.
Heineken-Ashi
BaylorSpineGuy said:

Triple_Bagger said:

BaylorSpineGuy said:

10Y yield falling pretty good now. Down 3.506 today.

Falling yield…..may mean a few things. Fed about to pivot, which is not historically bullish. May signal a recession very soon. Fed funds rate now above 10Y Treasury yield.

Big money buys bonds for safety plus small interest income.

Curious to see what exactly happens here next.
Fed is not pivoting. Every Fed speaker has said no pivot but no one believes them. Barr just said a few minutes ago:

IT IS A MISTAKE TO BELIEVE THAT CHANGES IN THE PACE OF RATE HIKES INDICATE A SHIFT IN THE FED'S COMMITMENT TO A 2% INFLATION TARGET.

THE FED'S POLICY RATE WILL HAVE TO REMAIN HIGH FOR AN LONG PERIOD OF TIME.

WE AREN'T THINKING ABOUT LOOSENING.

We will be in a deep recession before a pivot.

I understand what you're saying but it has historically been the other way. Major recessions and drawdowns in equities occur after the pivot!

I'm proposing reasons as to why 10Y bond has dropped almost 25 bps in a week without barely a mention. It could be recession, and it could mean a return to more normal interest rate levels. It's the reason to have a discussion…:-)

What an amazing case of "zoom in please!".

The FED does not lead. The market leads and the FED follows the market. Forget about equities. The bond market tells the FED what to do.

The 10-year is in a needed retracement cycle after topping out and on cue, there's talk of the FED "slowing the rate of hikes". Sorry, but the 10-year has been falling for two weeks already.

“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Got busy with work today. Pretty meh market day today
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
FJ43

Hmmmm

Daily

Weekly

Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

FJ43
Current ES Futures action. Watch the white SR and more importantly red SR…..unless this pivots above trendline.

Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I think tomorrow either goes up, or down. Or maybe sideways.

Funny enough this describes exactly how today went.
lobwedgephil
Jobs report tomorrow either gives us the fuel to try the downtrend line again, or go the other way, or chop. Beautiful rejection today at 4110, to the penny and almost 60 point rejection.
BaylorSpineGuy
What does everyone think about $CS? Beaten down bank stock. Likely bottomed yesterday with bullish abandoned baby on way above average volume. Is this one to avoid like the plague or worth buying $5 '24 or '25 LEAPS? They're pretty cheap right now and stock is up 7% in pre-market trading today.
techno-ag
AG
Watched it for months. Tempted at 5, even more tempted at 3. It's below institutional thresholds so one would think they would try and buttress the share price at some point.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Charismatic Megafauna said:

I'm looking for a model t on yesterday and this morning's move

There it is!
techno-ag
AG
BOIL back in the 30s this morning.
Brewmaster
AG

I'm looking for a model t on yesterday and this morning's move

There it is!
yes indeed! I over nighted some SQQQ, Whoop!
Boy Named Sue
AG
God bless y'all if you're making money today. Jeez
Philip J Fry
AG
Wages came in hot today.

Heck, I noticed King Soopers was advertising $18/hour for openings yesterday. That kind of inflation isn't going away soon.
Spoony Love
AG
Which poster was it that brought up the amount of job openings in contrast to the Fed's comments about job destruction (in essence).

If the market keeps adding jobs rates will continue up, according to that post. Still, lots of jobs to churn through to lower inflation. Remember kids, take your vitamins to stay healthy and FJB.
cryption
The labor market is ultra solid, all the layoffs are just going to be moving to other market segments. Unsustainable and dying business models are shedding because capital is more expensive with the rising rates, but most places with a solid model are fighting a massive talent and labor shortage. Still a great time to be job hunting. It's why the inflation isn't gonna be going away any time soon. You can't curb inflation with a job market this solid. You need much, much higher levels of unemployment
Golf1
AG
The market has been giving me the middle finger lately
Bonfire1996
AG
It's amazing: we had a casual discussion here after last months job numbers, on how we can't have a weak labor market with

1) High inflation that social safety nets are continuing to lose purchasing power in
2) 10 million open jobs

Even with social media dropping hundreds of thousands of employees, they need to eat and pay for gas, and there are 10 million jobs open. Sure tech wasteoids aren't going to work at Whataburger, but 10 million job openings indicates there is a massive, broad spectrum of jobs available.

The FED is showing itself to be rather feckless in its fight against inflation in its attempt to destroy jobs and destroy demand. There is simply too much liquidity on companies balance sheets to flip the script on the job market. To me, the fight against inflation is still going to be won by destroying jobs, but the FED won't be the catalyst, despite their best efforts. Jobs will be destroyed when Biden stops the SPR drain and we start replenishing the reserves while simultaneously trying to meet current demand. All while OPEC slashed production to prop up price.

$125 oil and $5 per gallon gas will destroy jobs. Until then, CHOP as the FED refuses to admit its actions are just affecting paper values on Wall Street.
FTAG 2000
AG
techno-ag said:

BOIL back in the 30s this morning.

With the trend line kiss.

Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
Welcome aboard (only it wont be $5 gas...it will be a much higher national average)

I've posted this a few times before and I'll post again. If energy had been allowed to run its full price escalating curve, it would have slowed the economy on its own. There would have been no need for rate hikes and everything that came along with it. The rigid support for Green Energy policy caused every bit of upheaval we are now going through. I'm not against renewables, but there was no transition plan, obviously. Right now, Putin is standing in the way of Green Energy globalization.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Are you gas traders playing boil with options or just shares?
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Golf1 said:

The market has been giving me the middle finger lately

Mancini posted today's script (so far) this morning. Dead nuts.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Bought Monday 407C. Stop 0.75
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

Sold half, 50% or so. Stop B/E on rest. Congrats.
Philip J Fry
AG
Let's go STNG.
ProgN
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

Welcome aboard (only it wont be $5 gas...it will be a much higher national average)

I've posted this a few times before and I'll post again. If energy had been allowed to run its full price escalating curve, it would have slowed the economy on its own. There would have been no need for rate hikes and everything that came along with it. The rigid support for Green Energy policy caused every bit of upheaval we are now going through. I'm not against renewables, but there was no transition plan, obviously. Right now, Putin is standing in the way of Green Energy globalization.

Russia oil price cap: G-7 outline how it is going to work (cnbc.com)

Quote:

The European Union on Friday agreed to cap Russian seaborne oil prices at $60 a barrel, after several days of intense negotiations over an appropriate level.

The announcement comes after the G-7 group of advanced economies agreed back in September to impose a limit on Russian seaborne crude and therefore constrain revenues the Kremlin makes from the commodity. However, details on how the cap would work in practice have been debated and hashed out since that point.

Russia, amid its onslaught in Ukraine, has warned that an oil price cap could wreak havoc on the energy markets and push commodity prices even higher.

The price cap will be reviewed regularly to monitor its market ramifications, but it should be "at least 5% below the average market price," an EU document with details of the cap said.
AgEng06
AG

Sold half, 50% or so. Stop B/E on rest. Congrats.
Great call. Followed you on this.
Triple_Bagger

Are you gas traders playing boil with options or just shares?
I usually play shares. Option prices are always juiced because of how volatile nat gas is. Great one to sell CCs on if you can get shares for cheap.
FTAG 2000
AG
What just happened to natural gas?
Philip J Fry
AG
Natural Gas doing Natural Gas things.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
A bunch of the daily charts seem to be glitching out on Yahoo today.
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
....and when Gov't gets involved, prices don't go down. The leader from India gave the only common sense reply, so far.
techno-ag
AG
FTAG 2000 said:

What just happened to natural gas?
$20 down from Nov. 23.
Philip J Fry
AG
With regards to BOIL, has anyone been tracking what happens around the 19:00 mark for the past few weeks? Seems like a pretty consistent drop here that usually finds its way back up. Is this event tradable?
First Page Last Page
Page 5862 of 6623

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.