Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,165,277 Views | 232066 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
FJ43
How long do you want to ignore this user?
$30,000 Millionaire said:

Ugh, passion.

I'm watching Yellowstone so the world is good. Not that I'm not keeping an eye on futures.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
For the crude people, I would watch going ape poop on oil stocks until this closes above the green line.
techno-ag
AG
FWIW, BOIL & KOLD fans, the weekly NG storage report will come out on Wednesday instead of Thursday this week on account of Thanksgiving.

https://ir.eia.gov/ngs/ngs.html
BaylorSpineGuy
ES Futures dropping after open as well. Down in 3960 range right now.

Everyone has been calling for a continued rally but there was a bearish harami cross on weekly candles last week.

VIX falling wedge getting tight as well. FOMC minutes may provide more excitement than in recent weeks. Historically, this is a very bullish, low volume week so will be interesting to see how it gets diced up.
wanderer

I agree. I wouldn't try to fade energy.

Hmmm…..
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Crude not wanting to break 79.2. I'm going to de risk. Sold
Half, stop at B/E on rest.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
It's a scalp bro.
FJ43
I want to see this area back tested and filled before any move up to maintain the bear rally. If not I will be looking for the short play out a bit.

Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

Carioca Corredor
AG
TLDR probability... I've been testing my option (lack of) skills over the last 5 weeks buying and selling XOM calls. My setups begin with expecting XOM to hit ATH mid 2023. Buying/selling 30+ contracts I'm net positive. However, I bought many $114 11/18 expiry contracts on 11/2 and lost 100%. I could have sold to close at least two times for minimal gains. The last week was a gut check knowing there was no chance to win, break-even, minimize loss. I didn't set-up stop loss on these. I chose to go max risk. Entry on these contracts was my attempt to compensate for some of my skillset risk factors using time. Didn't work. I know my skillset is not highly technical for trading. More macro. So, mentally I'm looking for singles with an occasional lucky double. Not home runs. A tactical suggestion or two?
FJ43
Carioca Corredor said:

TLDR probability... I've been testing my option (lack of) skills over the last 5 weeks buying and selling XOM calls. My setups begin with expecting XOM to hit ATH mid 2023. Buying/selling 30+ contracts I'm net positive. However, I bought many $114 11/18 expiry contracts on 11/2 and lost 100%. I could have sold to close at least two times for minimal gains. The last week was a gut check knowing there was no chance to win, break-even, minimize loss. I didn't set-up stop loss on these. I chose to go max risk. Entry on these contracts was my attempt to compensate for some of my skillset risk factors using time. Didn't work. I know my skillset is not highly technical for trading. More macro. So, mentally I'm looking for singles with an occasional lucky double. Not home runs. A tactical suggestion or two?

First have an understanding of the Greeks. Theta will get you.

Tactically…..Just my 2 cents but you will be more successful long term managing the risk side. Stops. Know when to get out. Know when to take gains. Over simplification but managing the risk is key.

My signature is about singles and doubles consistently. Yes I have the home runs but that's not what the majority of trades are.

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Why did you buy the calls?
Carioca Corredor
AG
Stock options vs ETF options seem to have different theta. It appears your suggestion and my recent experience suggest theta will take premium esp last week thru expiration
Carioca Corredor
AG

Why did you buy the calls?
Because they are more "familiar" to me than the action of puts at this point and I was bullish on them
djmeen95
AG
DIS - let's see how this change impacts things

" Bob Iger has replaced Bob Chapek as Disney's CEO, a shocking turn of events for the world's largest media company that has been in turmoil ever since Iger stepped down as CEO in February 2020."

https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/bob-iger-replace-bob-chapek-disney-ceo-1235438423/

gougler08
AG
Wow, I can't believe he's coming back
techno-ag
AG
Maybe he'll do away with the woke stuff. One can hope. Certainly wouldn't hurt their bottom line.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Iger is a bad ass. I bet they open up big.
BaylorSpineGuy
Yes and it could trade well tomorrow. Only really high volume day in last couple months was their big drop a week or two back - I think that was the earnings date.

Low volume day Friday so this possibly was a weekend move.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
This is absolutely huge. Expect a DIS rocket tomorrow.
Brewmaster
AG
techno-ag said:

Maybe he'll do away with the woke stuff. One can hope. Certainly wouldn't hurt their bottom line.
don't hold your breath. Iger is still far left woke, but hopefully for Disney fans, their brass has learned to quit grooming and get back to making money.
My 5 year old won't be tuning into disney though, any time soon. We have He-man and GI Joe on DVD. Woke DIS can suck it! If you hear loud noises, possibly explosions, chest (and bible) thumping, fear not, just Brew over here raising a man!

Philip J Fry
AG
Found GCBC on TradingView tonight. Anyone know anything about it?
FJ43
Mornun!

Trading View Black Friday sale pretty good if you're on it and want to renew to annual, want to upgrade your package or begin using it.

Premium is about $280 one time payment vs $700+ on monthly. Then you can add real time for $3-5 a month depending on each.

spud1910
AG
FJ43 said:

Mornun!

Trading View Black Friday sale pretty good if you're on it and want to renew to annual, want to upgrade your package or begin using it.
What level do you like?
Premium is about $280 one time payment vs $700+ on monthly. Then you can add real time for $3-5 a month depending on each.
FJ43
I use Premium. Started with Pro or one level down and added to not be as limited by indicators at one time I can toggle on or off.

spud1910
AG
Thanks. May have to give it a try.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
DIS nearly +10%.
FTAG 2000
AG
Those December APA calls from OA sure look... dead.

sts7049
AG

And how can you not short this?!?

paying off nicely so far today
wanderer
Yep. It can be the best technical set up in the world, but if oil is down 5% it's got no chance. There's still a month to go, but looks like a loss.
techno-ag
AG
Saudis talking about a production increase. That's all it took.
BlueTaze
FTAG 2000 said:

Those December APA calls from OA sure look... dead.

Re-loading some RIG $4 May calls at .55-.75

I think it gets a healthy pullback to $3.50 range then rips higher toward $6+. Let those fills come to you .
Dan Scott
AG
At $90 oil OPEC says they are cutting production, at $75 oil they say they are increasing. Huh?
BaylorSpineGuy
Loaded some 385P for 12/2/22 and hedging against some 395C expiring later this week.

If goes green…..will roll profits into the puts.
Triple_Bagger
techno-ag said:

Saudis talking about a production increase. That's all it took.
Take it with a grain of salt. All reports are referencing WSJ, who cites unidentified sources.

"the Wall Street Journal reported on Monday, citing unidentified delegates within the group."
Brewmaster
AG
volume coming in now (buy side)
First Page Last Page
Page 5843 of 6631

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.