Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,984,539 Views | 231561 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Heineken-Ashi
59 South
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
First I'd heard of it but I pretty much started tuning out the news lately due to being too busy.

Found this:
https://www.theguardian.com/business/2022/nov/15/jeremy-hunt-windfall-tax-electricity-generators
spud1910
AG
Anybody still in OA's MU 12/16 $60c? I am down to a runner now, but thinking we are at the point he expected as the high.
59 South
AG
You don't want that drama - plus they'd want to fight - not sure what about, but there'd be some fighting.
Brewmaster
AG
TSLA flow
202.50's and 205's
ProgN
59 South said:

You don't want that drama - plus they'd want to fight - not sure what about, but there'd be some fighting.
Yes we would. I'm Irish and loved my visit there, just great people.
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
Bonfire1996 said:

Did Biden make a deal at G-20?

China gets Taiwan peacefully like Hong Kong. In return, China ends its support of Russia. I haven't seen anyone infer that, but getting nuggets here and there. Couple with the Buffett investment in Taiwan semiconductor…

That would make markets go ape.
I don't see how anyone in our industrial defense industry would be ok with this happening cause Taiwan buys a lot of our defense products and arms.
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
Thanks Boss! Appreciate the link.

I love this quote
Quote:

There are fears that a tax on renewable companies could deter investors from backing large-scale green energy projects.

Radical Liberals always eat their own. Never. Fails.

LMAO!
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
You want to stop me???

F YOU!!

Bob Knights Paper Hands
Was that a successful revenge trade?
wanderer
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
More of a case where I knew it was going down and was incensed that the market makers would pop it.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Unless the Fed poops on this rally today or tomorrow, which they very well could do, I think we hit the 200ema of 4063 by tomorrow. Bold prediction.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Calls at/after close again? Let's ride, brother!
Bob Knights Paper Hands
I don't feel nearly as bullish as this sounds to me.

Bob Knights Paper Hands
I bought some 5-wide and 10-wide flies around 4065 as lottos. There's still a lot of uncertainty, in my mind so I'm not going in anything bigger yet.
cryption
Layoffs are just beginning, I can't imagine bear market being over
Golf1
AG
I would agree assuming it holds over 200 day. It hasn't held all year though.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
SPX 15-min chart and timing look similar to yesterday's. Will we have that 2-hour run up like we did yesterday?
Heineken-Ashi
Bob Knights Paper Hands said:

Mancini knows better than this.

Downtrend break would signal the end of THIS segment of the bear market. The one we've been in most of the year. But until market is at new highs and economic conditions actually start to IMPROVE, not just get less worse during a one of the most bullish seasons, we could be in that period between bear market drops where we chop around within a range.

But remember your resistance levels. Always. Don't get lazy and don't let the media gaslight you into complacency where you start making foolish decisions like you did in late 2021.

As of today, 4135 is what we need to break the bear market downtrend. It moves down with each day. Above that and we can run a little, but still have resistance at recent highs 4325, 4512, and 4637. 4818 top would then have to be broken. And you know we aren't going to nail those, even if this leg is over, all at once. If you are feeling bullish, I would suggest keeping an eye on your overbought / oversold indicators. Start with daily and then try to notice a trend going down to hourly. Ignore anything less as those can swing around within a day and don't point to longer term trends.

Also, look around you. Don't get stuck watching technicals of one chart. So many things are linked. DJI is big dogs more than any other. SPX is more tame. Watch energy macros. Crude, nat gas, petro, oilfield services, exploration, etc. Watch metals. Keep an eye on BTC. Know where bond prices and yields are. What are currencies doing? Sectors and segments of the market will each have their own trends and will influence greater macros.
“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
Brewmaster
AG
cryption said:

Layoffs are just beginning, I can't imagine bear market being over
markets usually front run this and everyone wants to go short here given the news. We could be seasonally bullish til end of the year. End of year and through February could be ugly though!
BaylorSpineGuy
Isn't the contrarian move to be short while everyone in the world say the market will run ton to e end of the year?

No one is giving away valuable advice or money at the market, right?
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Looks like a break even? That was me yesterday, kept getting my stops run. Today i can't miss! (Knock on wood)
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Mancini's also one that constantly says pro traders are not better at predicting long term market, just better at managing risk and trading what price and volume tells us. So I take that with the usual grain of salt. Still, he's pretty good. To have a guy like that sounding really bullish is interesting to me.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
I will stop spamming, but if macros are going to run today, the RSI on SPY and QQQ needs to get over 65 soon and out of that bear demand zone. Otherwise this might be sideways chop.
irish pete ag06
AG
Heineken-Ashi said:

Bob Knights Paper Hands said:

Mancini knows better than this.

Downtrend break would signal the end of THIS segment of the bear market. The one we've been in most of the year. But until market is at new highs and economic conditions actually start to IMPROVE, not just get less worse during a one of the most bullish seasons, we could be in that period between bear market drops where we chop around within a range.

But remember your resistance levels. Always. Don't get lazy and don't let the media gaslight you into complacency where you start making foolish decisions like you did in late 2021.

As of today, 4135 is what we need to break the bear market downtrend. It moves down with each day. Above that and we can run a little, but still have resistance at recent highs 4325, 4512, and 4637. 4818 top would then have to be broken. And you know we aren't going to nail those, even if this leg is over, all at once. If you are feeling bullish, I would suggest keeping an eye on your overbought / oversold indicators. Start with daily and then try to notice a trend going down to hourly. Ignore anything less as those can swing around within a day and don't point to longer term trends.

Also, look around you. Don't get stuck watching technicals of one chart. So many things are linked. DJI is big dogs more than any other. SPX is more tame. Watch energy macros. Crude, nat gas, petro, oilfield services, exploration, etc. Watch metals. Keep an eye on BTC. Know where bond prices and yields are. What are currencies doing? Sectors and segments of the market will each have their own trends and will influence greater macros.
Brewmaster
AG
sideways til it isn't... looks like a rounded bottom smiling at us:

Bob Knights Paper Hands
False breakout of that little triangle we had forming on SPY to the upside and then slamming it down. Nasty!
Boom-shaka-lakka-boom!

Quote:

"This year's average U.S. gasoline prices on Thanksgiving are expected to be at their highest level ever for the holiday and beat the previous record from Thanksgiving of 2012, according to estimates from fuel-savings application Gas Buddy.

Despite the record-high average gasoline prices, 20% more Americans plan to travel by car for the holiday weekend, compared to 2021, especially after Covid precautions have significantly eased compared to the previous two years, according to Gas Buddy."
I'm sure the DOE/EIA can calculate a number to show decreased demand in the Weekly Report after Thanksgiving.

$10 gasoline. Give it to me. Jerome wants it and,....8.50% 30 yr fixed home mortgage rates and 5% unemployment. And Brandon wants to send checks to all of us. Merry Christmas!
59 South
AG
ProgN said:

59 South said:

Yes we would. I'm Irish and loved my visit there, just great people.
I was just trying to make a joke - had a taxi driver (old guy) in Dublin once tell me he grew up on the north side of town and married a southside lass. He said his whole family tried to fight her whole family before the wedding.
Heineken-Ashi
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

Boom-shaka-lakka-boom!

Quote:

"This year's average U.S. gasoline prices on Thanksgiving are expected to be at their highest level ever for the holiday and beat the previous record from Thanksgiving of 2012, according to estimates from fuel-savings application Gas Buddy.

Despite the record-high average gasoline prices, 20% more Americans plan to travel by car for the holiday weekend, compared to 2021, especially after Covid precautions have significantly eased compared to the previous two years, according to Gas Buddy."
I'm sure the DOE/EIA can calculate a number to show decreased demand in the Weekly Report after Thanksgiving.

$10 gasoline. Give it to me. Jerome wants it and,....8.50% 30 yr fixed home mortgage rates and 5% unemployment. And Brandon wants to send checks to all of us. Merry Christmas!
I think you're right eventually, but you have to simmer down a little good Farmer. There's many points between A and Z. But you get yourself hopped up on diesel injected Four Loko and run a straight line. I like to take breaks and enjoy my beer.
“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
59 South
AG

Thanks Boss! Appreciate the link.

I love this quote
Quote:

There are fears that a tax on renewable companies could deter investors from backing large-scale green energy projects.

Radical Liberals always eat their own. Never. Fails.

LMAO!

Yea I knew you guys would love that one. I LOL'd and spit out some tea when I read that.
Brewmaster
AG
Heineken-Ashi said:

I think you're right eventually, but you have to simmer down a little good Farmer. There's many points between A and Z. But you get yourself hopped up on diesel injected Four Loko and run a straight line. I like to take breaks and enjoy my beer.
LOL

this thread and all of you are the best ever, literally
irish pete ag06
AG
Heineken-Ashi said:

Boom-shaka-lakka-boom!

Quote:

EngrAg14
AG
How is the last weeks volume change looking to estimate the upcoming market move?

Wouldn't reduced selling mean the market is about to move upwards?
First Page Last Page
Page 5831 of 6617

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.