Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,984,201 Views | 231561 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Heineken-Ashi
FJ43
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Haven't looked close but a drive by between meetings on this.

Might be bearish RDR today. Careful gents.

Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

FJ43
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Amazon is constantly hiring and firing. They just want the stock boost from the headline.

Literally everyone that works at Amazon is an a-hole, by the way. If anyone on this thread works there or has worked there, then "I said what I said".
Buck Compton
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

Amazon is constantly hiring and firing. They just want the stock boost from the headline.

Literally everyone that works at Amazon is an a-hole, by the way. If anyone on this thread works there or has worked there, then "I said what I said".
Wish I could give this multiple stars. Of the 15-20 people I know that have worked there, only 2 weren't *******s. And they eventually became *******s working there.
FJ43

Read the thread. Take it for what it's worth. He typically posts historical trends he monitors.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
FTAG 2000 said:

Bob Knights Paper Hands said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

What happened?

Selling ahead of Fed talk is my guess.
That was about the time NV and AZ got called (Senate).

Ah, makes sense.
wanderer
TSM up 7% AH as Berkshire bought $4B worth.
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
Pakistani households will only have their natural gas turned on "for three hours in the morning, two hours in the afternoon, and three hours in the evening"

https://news.yahoo.com/pakistan-no-option-ration-natural-170000033.html

Let's do a "Heat Map" in 9 or 10 months and check on births in countries that don't have fossil fuels to keep warm. If these countries lose their manufacturing due to the lack of fossil fuel energy, people lose their jobs, and "IF" birth rates go up, how do you pay for food. .... Political leadership better be thinking about how to feed these folks.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
wanderer said:

TSM up 7% AH as Berkshire bought $4B worth.

That seems odd with looming global recession fears, China aggression fears, rising rates squeezing growth tech, and crypto getting smashed. Warren must know something.
Brewmaster
AG
I believe it. The bottom is a LONG way down now in current pattern (megaphone down). and the megaphone down itself is bearish, in that we could drop down out of it, but you know that.

another black swan event possibly:
Lawsuits are popping up now over vax mandates (companies are being sued by the vax injured), since they can't sue Pfizer, etc.
wanderer
Farmer knows far more about O&G than I (cause I know absolutely nothing about it) but from a technical perspective XLE looks like a potential short. Thoughts?

Potential double-top from June, near 3 ATR
Brewmaster
AG
we need some humor though!

dreyOO
$30,000 Millionaire said:

This is a fact.
oldarmy1
AG
Delete any quotes of this please
ibdm98
AG
bmoochie
AG
XLE is....23% XOM, 20% CVX and about 5% each COP and SLB...so, approx 53%.

XLE might be a good short in the nearby to pick up some cash on a quick pullback. I don't see it down for long - if it happens. Most folks are just waking up to the fact that the energy sector may be a good place to park some money. Not kidding. Cycles are long. Longer than most think.

I won't repeat all the stuff I have been posting, but rest assured one thing. The last 4 months Saudi has been telling the media "We are concerned about global demand" and that's bull hockey. Saudi don't care about demand because it's through the freakin' roof and they know it. That bolded statement above is a pre-notice justification in the media for OPEC+ to cut production - again, on Dec 4th - and keep oil prices high. It doesn't have squat to do with demand. It's very difficult for me to be bearish now and Warren isn't selling OXY. At some point the energy sector chart will point downward, but I don't think it's anytime soon, like greater than 12 months. If the world goes into recession, the world still has to have fossil fuel energy to move, produce, manufacture. It's the only sector besides consumer products like CL or booze & smokes that I think will flourish in a terrible economy. I have a large position on XOM and I really need to trim it. It doesn't mean I'm bearish, but I do think I need to convert some to cash as I see other stocks I want to buy now. I won't sell the top and that's okay. I'll Option the rest.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I agree. I wouldn't try to fade energy.
Bob Knights Paper Hands

Massive premarket moves on the macros. This is nuts.
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG

Massive premarket moves on the macros. This is nuts.
There is talk about bonds and treasury yields have peaked on a long dated perspective.

We will see what this market does. I'm neither bear nor bull and am just more confused.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Is this all speculation again, though? Are we only running up on hopium that the Fed deviates from it's plan? Because they have been very consistent in following their plan so far.
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG

Is this all speculation again, though? Are we only running up on hopium that the Fed deviates from it's plan? Because they have been very consistent in following their plan so far.
Totally agree - I just think market sentiment is shifting towards the thinking that we won't see a 5% handle on the fed funds rate cause inflation data isn't getting worse.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Rocketing
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Rocketing

I love it when the stonks go up!
sts7049
AG
Brewmaster
AG
played an overnight 402C lotto .26 at close yesterday, 1.50 just now!
Bonfire1996
AG
Did Biden make a deal at G-20?

China gets Taiwan peacefully like Hong Kong. In return, China ends its support of Russia. I haven't seen anyone infer that, but getting nuggets here and there. Couple with the Buffett investment in Taiwan semiconductor…

That would make markets go ape.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Hairy is calling for puts. He nailed the short entry yesterday
Brewmaster
AG
interesting stuff. That would make sense and honestly, China doesn't take anything with force. They are masters of infecting from within, slowly, mostly psychological warfare and backroom deals.
What do we get? Canada? Mexico? Russia?
FTAG 2000
AG
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

A Democrat controlled Senate and 5 trillion dollar green new deal.
59 South
AG

Hey I know of a pretty messed up island with some potential that needs a new home, some gas supply, and speaks the same (ish) language.
ProgN
59 South said:

Hey I know of a pretty messed up island with some potential that needs a new home, some gas supply, and speaks the same (ish) language.
59 South said:

I was just thinking of you, not kidding. I heard U.K. has imposed a 40% tax on utility companies. If the utility company charges over a certain rate the tax kicks in, is that true? If true and if I was a utility company, as soon as I got near that triggering rate, I'd shut the plant down.
First Page Last Page
Page 5830 of 6617

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.