Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,984,365 Views | 231561 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Heineken-Ashi
Spoony Love
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
XOM trying to flag already this morning
Brewmaster
AG
bigtoneag said:

Bonfire1996 said:

Exactly my point Prog. Normies and press will say these layoffs need to happen so the fed takes their foot off the brakes. But doesn't that 10 million job opening number have to disappear before unemployment can rise?
What are those 10 million jobs though? I don't think the people getting laid off at Google can drive a forklift.

Better learn then son! Maybe Google is laying off lazy millennials. I have a family member that used to work there. Many of them younger than him would show up late and punch the clock early.
Maybe they can fill openings in the food sector or waste management. Lol
texAZtea
AG
BREwmaster said:

bigtoneag said:

Bonfire1996 said:

Exactly my point Prog. Normies and press will say these layoffs need to happen so the fed takes their foot off the brakes. But doesn't that 10 million job opening number have to disappear before unemployment can rise?
What are those 10 million jobs though? I don't think the people getting laid off at Google can drive a forklift.

Better learn then son! Maybe Google is laying off lazy millennials. I have a family member that used to work there. Many of them younger than him would show up late and punch the clock early.
Maybe they can fill openings in the food sector or waste management. Lol
They'll just go on unemployment and move back home. Lets be real.
texAZtea
AG
picture fail
Brewmaster
AG
BaylorSpineGuy said:

BlueTaze said:

BaylorSpineGuy said:

My friend's script is holding perfectly. He's calling for the several day red waterfall like we saw June 9-13. Thinks 3400 from here. I'm gonna load up more OTM puts at the open.

Let's get it.

How "deep" were his OTM puts expiring tmrw?
If a 12% down move was needed for profit, we need an absolute bloodbath today and tmrw.....but who knows, if they weren't too far OTM he could already be sitting good after yesterday.

He had 6 total trades and 4 were ITM at close yesterday. He had outliers at 372 and 362, if I recall right.

He's holding out till at least 3500 lol.
I hope he has a good exit strategy. That move to sub 369 was probably a good exit for most of it, especially with tomorrow expiration, oomph. Or exit all at 369 and then wait for a rip up, roll out to next week.

this market loves to hose everyone, puts calls, doesn't matter.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
FTAG 2000 said:

BPCAg05 said:

https://www.cassavasciences.com/news-releases/news-release-details/cassava-sciences-files-lawsuit-against-perpetrators-short-and

This means they have the goods on their data / trials, right?

To me it means they are fine with laying all their cards on the table, since they know the defendants named in the lawsuit will force that out in discover. It also makes me think they truly feel they are air tight as far as their studies go. That doesn't mean that simufilam is going to get approved, but it means they still feel confident. If they were conserved or just bilking investor money, they wouldn't file this.

All that said, I still think there's less than a 20% chance simufilam gets approved. So for me any money invested should have a realistic target of 1000% profit or more if approval were to happen.
ProgN
Bonfire1996 said:

Im a banker. The investment property loan programs for long term fixed rates aren't plentiful. It isn't like a Fannie Mae mortgage for a primary residence with super easy qualifications.
Please tell me you've worn this to work for Halloween at least one time.

BaylorSpineGuy
I bought a 3720P at 3742, SPX 0DTE. Will watch here and will cut for a small loss above 3745.
BaylorSpineGuy
BREwmaster said:

BaylorSpineGuy said:

BlueTaze said:

BaylorSpineGuy said:

My friend's script is holding perfectly. He's calling for the several day red waterfall like we saw June 9-13. Thinks 3400 from here. I'm gonna load up more OTM puts at the open.

Let's get it.

How "deep" were his OTM puts expiring tmrw?
If a 12% down move was needed for profit, we need an absolute bloodbath today and tmrw.....but who knows, if they weren't too far OTM he could already be sitting good after yesterday.

He had 6 total trades and 4 were ITM at close yesterday. He had outliers at 372 and 362, if I recall right.

He's holding out till at least 3500 lol.
I hope he has a good exit strategy. That move to sub 369 was probably a good exit for most of it, especially with tomorrow expiration, oomph. Or exit all at 369 and then wait for a rip up, roll out to next week.

this market loves to hose everyone, puts calls, doesn't matter.

He's nervous lol. He texted me his account was swinging like $200K in 30 min. Too much gambling for my interest lol.
bmoochie
AG
I love to gamble but DAMN

BaylorSpineGuy
BaylorSpineGuy said:

I bought a 3720P at 3742, SPX 0DTE. Will watch here and will cut for a small loss above 3745.

Paper handed this one. Was up 35% at one point but missed good exit. Finally closed for $7.00. So took slight gain
Spoony Love
AG
SPY going to head back down to morning lows?

Would make total sense to have a huge chop day after yesterday. Ba stard market!
LMCane
FTAco07 said:

To follow on to my previous post, every single time the 3-mo yield is greater than the 10-year yield there is a recession shortly thereafter and nothing kills the inflation boogeyman like a recession.

The FRED data I am looking at only goes back to 1982, but look at the chart linked below. This part of the curve first inverted October 18 and again October 25th, just last week. As you can see, there's always a few months lag before the technical recession starts so I am not going to market time, but I would be prepared over the next 6 months. If/when the 10-year gets to mid-4s I would load up because you can lock in a nice risk free return while the market continues to tank and take advantage of capital appreciation as bond yields start dropping (prices increasing) long before the equity market bottoms.

https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/T10Y3M
but there are many other studies demonstrating the linkage between the 2 year / 10 year inversion of the yield curve leading to every recession.

that inversion has been going on for literally 5 months now.
Brewmaster
AG
Spoony Love said:

SPY going to head back down to morning lows?

Would make total sense to have a huge chop day after yesterday. Ba stard market!
looks like H&S

seems all the cool kids change their names, I'll try too. credit to one of the Mcinnis's for the name.
Just an Ag
AG
I'm not sure where to put this, so I'll just leave it here....

Brewmaster
AG
BaylorSpineGuy said:

BaylorSpineGuy said:

Paper handed this one. Was up 35% at one point but missed good exit. Finally closed for $7.00. So took slight gain
it was the right move. Looks like we're entering 30K's no trade zone. aka the black hole of premium killing.

gougler08
AG
Anybody looking to enter ENVX here or let it settle out some post earnings?
LMCane
Bonfire1996 said:

If y'all have time, help me with a theory.

Given: Inflation is high and everyone knows it
Given: Current Workers know that they have to work to be able to live given high inflation
Given: 10 million job openings in USA currently, and staying steady

If the above is true, and the FED has stated that employment must be crushed before inflation can subside. Wages are up 7.7% which directly leads to inflation as increased money drives prices higher with stagnant supply. If all that is true, when companies like GOOGL who says they're laying off 20% of their workforce, won't those 20% and other layoffs transition to one of those 10 million open jobs because they have to work to afford inflation?

So don't we need employment to get crushed and those 10 million job openings to disappear before we see stabilization in inflation?

If so, holy shlt.
this is why some "analysts" are claiming there will be a "soft landing" recession because the JOLTS has so many open job positions.

I'm doubtful things will work out that way, and believe that there will have to be an increase in unemployment to bring down inflation before the Fed lets up and pivots.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Dumped Google at $85

Have done OK today but not easy.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
BaylorSpineGuy
I bought some 365P expiring Monday. Will look to unload these tomorrow if no further follow through today.
Bonfire1996
AG
ProgN said:

Bonfire1996 said:

Im a banker. The investment property loan programs for long term fixed rates aren't plentiful. It isn't like a Fannie Mae mortgage for a primary residence with super easy qualifications.
Please tell me you've worn this to work for Halloween at least one time.

LOL I wish. Great line
topher06
Anyone still playing those GOLD Leaps?
BaylorSpineGuy
Where is mazag these days? Need to him wave count this for us. Yesterday seemed like an impulsive not corrective move, but need a count here to give us some target levels for shorting or going long. This chopping around can't last forever.
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

GOOGL

L@@ky L@@ky

G@@GL

My first order to buy is $84.55
^^ I think this happens today. ^^ (Looks like $84.59 was the LOD, guess I was greedy)

Haven't been on the screen all morning.

You XOM players, just keep remembering, XOM runs to Earnings, runs to Ex-Div, runs to Payout and runs just after Payout. .... 11/14 is Ex-Div Date.

Slight chance of snow tomorrow. Getting last of the outdoor chores completed to be ready for winter. Yesterday was 72.

Option players, you might check out COP in case you haven't looked at them.

Make a bunch of money!

See y'all!
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Not horrible
topher06
May play a few SPY calls based upon the relative strength of the Astros against the Phillies last night. Everyone knows that the Phillies winning is bad for the American economy.
Ranger222
AG
I have no idea if it will get there, but I would throw a ton of my IRA cash at GOOGL between $70-75
Golf1
AG
Interesting to see if 373 holds. IMO we go back below 370 today or tomorrow.
Philip J Fry
AG
I started trading off Bollinger bands yesterday. How have I gone this long without looking at these?
Golf1
AG
SPY H&S forming on 15 minute chart?
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
They help but they're not 100%
Philip J Fry
AG
Is there anything in trading that is?
CC09LawAg
This week, doing the opposite of whatever I do probably would've been a solid strategy.
topher06
They're just chewing up premium today.
Brewmaster
AG
Philip J Fry said:

I started trading off Bollinger bands yesterday. How have I gone this long without looking at these?
agree, I use them with levels and they're money. I use them with 3 min or 5 min chart, for scalping.
First Page Last Page
Page 5808 of 6617

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.