Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,986,969 Views | 231572 Replies | Last: 38 min ago by El_duderino
wanderer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Still own ENVX? (I do)

It dumped on bad earnings this morn.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Today SKEW index hit 111.44, tying 1/4/2019 for the lowest point it has been over the last 5 years. That's saying the derivative of implied volatility is the flattest it's been. This implies there's the lowest risk of major dump that we've seen in 5 years.

That makes zero sense to me with FOMC coming up today. Maybe all it means is big money hedged for today a long time ago and haven't changed large OTM positions throughout Oct?
Spoony Love
AG
Fade the first move?
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
wanderer said:

Still own ENVX? (I do)

It dumped on bad earnings this morn.

Yes and ugh.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Excessive action IMO. They're pre production.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
Mr07Ag
AG
I've got some 11/18 WTI calls, trying to decide if I should hold through earnings or not. If the news is good I might just take my profit now and run.
sts7049
AG
Brewmaster
AG
bought XOM 114C's next week, on this dip.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
I made two SPX 0Dte call trades on revision to the mean. 1 win, 1 loss. Net I'm up $22 after commission and fees.
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
Mr07Ag said:

I've got some 11/18 WTI calls, trying to decide if I should hold through earnings or not. If the news is good I might just take my profit now and run.
You bought WTI or XOM?
BREwmaster said:

Good move.

ETA @ 9:35amCST: XOM runs to Earnings, runs to Ex-Div, runs to Payout and runs just after Payout. 11/14 is Ex-Div Date. Gotta buy XOM on 11/13 if you want the Div. BREwmaster, you'll see appreciation.
irish pete ag06
AG
Love this setup... I followed
.75 was priced-in, correct? (yeah, I'm being a jack-wagon) LOL! If I had a dime for every time that was said or written. I'm not in the camp of "priced-in" on anything. Just the way I roll.
Ag CPA
AG
Yah, my biggest takeaway from this year is that things that people say are priced in really aren't priced in.
XOM:
Trading volume, 3.53 million vs 65 Day Average of 19.52 and down -$1.30 at 9:53amCST. Light volume....will not be surprised to see this flip green.

DOE/EIA:
EIA showing a 3.1mb draw. Had Brandon not dumped 1.9mb from the SPR, the draw is 5mb. Yeah, been sayin' and will continue sayin'....we're short crude. Buckle up. WTI,....LOL!....still under price suppression.

Quote:

"U.S. commercial crude oil inventories (excluding those in the Strategic Petroleum Reserve) decreased by 3.1 million barrels from the previous week. At 436.8 million barrels, U.S. crude oil inventories are about 3% below the five year average for this time of year. Total motor gasoline inventories decreased by 1.3 million barrels from last week and are about 6% below the five year average for this time of year. Finished gasoline inventories increased, but blending components inventories decreased last week. Distillate fuel inventories increased by 0.4 million barrels last week and are about 19% below the five year average for this time of year. Propane/propylene inventories increased by 1.2 million barrels from last week and are 4% above the five year average for this time of year. Total commercial petroleum inventories decreased by 0.7 million barrels last week."
jj9000
AG
Ag CPA said:

Yah, my biggest takeaway from this year is that things that people say are priced in really aren't priced in.
We've already seen the price action relative to today's FOMC decision.

The Market is forward looking.

Today's FOMC decision was priced in (6) months ago in May. You know, forward looking and whatnot.

...or maybe not.
Golf1
AG
Glad I saw your post on the dip. I ended up buying nov 25 112c and up a quick 8%.
Ag CPA said:

Age 24, one of my first trades in Corn Futures. I positioned based on information that was "priced-in" and I got murdered. Never relied on that phrase again and was all the better off for the rest of my life. JMHO.
Just curious regarding that 6 month comment,....what interest rate is the market pricing in today for 6 months out?
Wannabud
AG
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

Just curious regarding that 6 month comment,....what interest rate is the market pricing in today for 6 months out?
5-5.25% by March is the highest odds. (75 Nov, 50 Dec, 25 Feb/Mar)
4.75-5% is the next highest. (75 Nov, 50 Dec, 25 Feb OR 75 Nov + 75 Dec and done)
jj9000
AG

That's exactly why its bullsh**.

Where the IR 'should' and likely will be (6) months from now is totally detached from today's price action. Not a d@mn thing has cooled off, even with our SPR fudging the Energy inflationary numbers.

My post above was littered with sarcasm.
Thanks!
Got it. Thank you.
Mr07Ag
AG
WTI - $6/$7/$11 all 11/18 calls

XOM - $112 11/4 calls
Heineken-Ashi
The bond market has been acting all week like 4% yield will be where we hang for a while.

But the market did the same thing last time and was "surprised" after the media gaslighted the world about "peak inflation" and "FED pause". Then it spiked well over it's target.

My guess would be FFTR by end of year to 4.50-4.75.

Hard to tell what's actually in store. Don't guess. Not unless you're willing to have VERY tight stops and not be mad if you get caught in the chop despite a correct call.

Personally, I'm shorting the Euro today with a tight stop above. For those that don't do correlations, that means I'm bearish on the Euro and bullish on the dollar which means I'm expecting 75bps and guidance towards AT LEAST continued hawkish sentiment (perhaps not expanded hawking, but definitely not less hawkish). That means I'm bearish on TLT short term and bullish on treasury yields. As far as markets and equities go, how they react is based on a wider array of market forces and a conglomeration of conflicting opinions, not to mention individual company balance sheets, continued earnings reports, and end of year shenanigans mixed with election shenanigans mixed with seasonality. So I will continue to trade the beer candles when they provide confirmed setups.
“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
Mr07Ag said:

WTI - $6/$7/$11 all 11/18 calls

XOM - $112 11/4 calls
I don't follow WTI stock only WTI crude, but looks like WTI stock is doing well this morning! .... Maybe a bird in hand, no? Can't go broke taking a profit.

XOM's you'll do fine. If you roll to next week, you'll likely do "finer".

JMO
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
BREwmaster said:

Trimmed 1/3 here at up 50%.

Edit: Great Call Brew!
Just Tired
Ag CPA said:

at best i look at "priced-in" like the line on a football game... a&m 18-pt favorites over app-st? okay, we'll see.
sts7049
AG
Saltyag15
AG
GOOGL sub-$90. Wow. Someone called this last week or the week before (that there would be a buying opportunity below $90)
Brewmaster
AG
BREwmaster said:

112 should have some resistance, can take some profits there or set stops higher

I'm pretty sure GOOGL will be available at sub $90 with earnings drift. As the top cat noted, "Times like this are clarifying," CEO Sundar Pichai declared, adding that Google is pushing to become more efficient "by realigning resources to invest in our biggest growth opportunities" and that "Q4 [employee] headcount additions will be significantly lower than Q3."

"Times like this are clarifying" - now that is real killer CEO speak. I love it. Elon Musk should use this phrase regarding Twitter and the 75% RIF.

I'm eyeing for purchase..
BenRev09
AG
gap at 84?
Whirligigs
Saltyag15 said:

GOOGL sub-$90. Wow. Someone called this last week or the week before (that there would be a buying opportunity below $90)

Didn't it IPO in the 80s?
BenRev09 said:

gap at 84?
Yep, I'm not in a hurry on this one. I think we see more decay. I'll gladly miss the bottom if I can at least manage a good entry.
First Page Last Page
Page 5803 of 6617

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.