Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,986,650 Views | 231572 Replies | Last: 25 min ago by El_duderino
RenoAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Question from the guppy bowl. I bought a couple XOM 12/16 $115 calls a couple weeks ago at 1.34. Sell one now and go net free on the other? Or let them both ride a bit longer and see what happens when the government stops dumping oil into the market next month?
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
RenoAg said:

Question from the guppy bowl. I bought a couple XOM 12/16 $115 calls a couple weeks ago at 1.34. Sell one now and go net free on the other? Or let them both ride a bit longer and see what happens when the government stops dumping oil into the market next month?
No one ever went broke taking profit.

Get your money back and ride the house money.
Brewmaster
AG
BREwmaster said:

Bob Knights Paper Hands said:

We are going to have an absolute ripper of a day aren't we?
I think so. Puts on big tech has been too easy, gotta ruin some late put buyers.
Played out well
oldarmy1
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

SF2004 said:

Four of the largest tech companies **** the bed and gave weak guidance.

Seems legit that SPY would pump.

Scam trash market.

Why do you still think this way?
This!

It's a bear market rally that has now bounced close to Model T off last high/low. I see Mancini thinks 3930 is the top. It might be, or it could be a consolidation leading to a further push back above (Last 2 full range moves did - see blue line on chart) the 200DMA 4050 area. 4080 has a big gap that I think would get filled in that scenario. We'd have talking heads saying the bear market is over, etc.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Spoony Love
AG
lotto is dead after Brew's post above me
gig em 02
RenoAg said:

Russia/Ukraine cease fire or a statement from China about wanting to maintain current relations with Taiwan and you're at 0. I've been bitten by unexpected news more than once.
irish pete ag06
AG
oldarmy1 said:

SF2004 said:

Scam trash market.

This!

It's a bear market rally that has now bounced close to Model T off last high/low. I see Mancini thinks 3930 is the top. It might be, or it could be a consolidation leading to a further push back above the 200DMA 4050 area. 4080 has a big gap that I think would get filled in that scenario. We'd have talking heads saying the bear market is over, etc.

Surely it won't play out this cleanly right?

RenoAg
Red Pear BCS Luke said:

RenoAg said:

No one ever went broke taking profit.

Get your money back and ride the house money.

Yeah that's the smart thing. For once I did that. Sold at 3.25. Feels a little odd. Lol.
RenoAg
gig em 02 said:

RenoAg said:

Russia/Ukraine cease fire or a statement from China about wanting to maintain current relations with Taiwan and you're at 0. I've been bitten by unexpected news more than once.

Good point.
oldarmy1
AG
Some consolidation next week with FOMC and then the post-election relief rally to set up your chart. Spot on.
CC09LawAg
I had some January 105 calls I sold for a 300% gain three weeks ago - would've been 1000% if I held them as of this moment. Maybe one day when I kind of know what the hell I am doing I'll have more confidence to ride it out, but no ragrets.

Between uncertainty, stress, up and down dips...sometimes you gotta take the guarantee. Almost every bad decision I've made has been some combination of greed, FOMO, and revenge trading.
BaylorSpineGuy
What's your thoughts on island tops and bottoms? There's an island top around SPY 412 range. Curiously, there's another small gap in high 420s.

Some suggest they don't get filled or often if they do, it's not in a near term.
irish pete ag06
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

Are we gonna pop 3900 today?
She gone!
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Trying to think about EOD lotto butterflies.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
oldarmy1
AG
Would be surprising to see those filled, although that SPX gap fill would take SPY close to $410....That might be the perfect end to the move. Remember we had that one gap that was so close to filling and then the bottom dropped out. I even thought it would fill being that close.
BaylorSpineGuy
oldarmy1 said:

Would be surprising to see those filled, although that SPX gap fill would take SPY close to $410....That might be the perfect end to the move. Remember we had that one gap that was so close to filling and then the bottom dropped out. I even thought it would fill being that close.

Thanks for your insight. Speaking of island bottoms, TLT formed one earlier this week. Will be watching to see if that gap gets tested soon. I played some calls off of it for 21% gain this week.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
3385/3875/3865 Put for 0.6
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Lotto obviously but it should at least double.
oldarmy1
AG

First strike is 3885
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
oldarmy1 said:

First strike is 3885

Yes, thanks for catching. 3885.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
SF - I want you to think about this:

You are applying logic to the stock market but you're applying logic in the classic sense of what should happen based on your bias or in reaction to news events. What you are forgetting is that market moves are also about positioning (who is long/short and why) and forces behind us (central banks / rates / currencies and commodities).

In a more direct fashion: the logic you're applying to the market is incomplete. Time to evolve bro.
Brewmaster
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

oldarmy1 said:

SF2004 said:

Scam trash market.

This!

It's a bear market rally that has now bounced close to Model T off last high/low. I see Mancini thinks 3930 is the top. It might be, or it could be a consolidation leading to a further push back above the 200DMA 4050 area. 4080 has a big gap that I think would get filled in that scenario. We'd have talking heads saying the bear market is over, etc.

Surely it won't play out this cleanly right?

great chart - the other 2 rips up had double bottoms too. This would be about the spot (model T) to consolidate, then breakdown to form 2nd bottom before heading north above model T.
just a thesis.
FJ43
Sold all VIX puts. 60% gain.

Buying VIX calls out to Dec monthly.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

Brewmaster
AG
390 must be typed into the algo machine. it wants it!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Chef Elko
AG
Ready for the 2:45 algo
Red Rover
AG
I sold my 3900 flies for almost 40x. I could have held on for more, but I don't want to be greedy.
CC09LawAg
South Platte
South Platte said:

Well this played out pretty consistently with the previous 91 years.

So now we blast off in October? All you can chew on TQQQ.
Make that pretty much spot on for September and October now. Looks like early November could see a huge run up.
jbeck3487
AG
What happened to GILD
Carioca Corredor
AG
jbeck3487 said:

What happened to GILD
Increased dividend by 13%
irish pete ag06
AG
I will probably find a way to screw this up, but man... buying and selling TQQQ and SQQQ based on the 8/21 daily EMA cross looks like a great way to swing trade. I've been doing some manual back testing. I think I am about to start doing this.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Only you guys can appreciate the hilarity of this.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Hey don't forget to set aside some of that $47.10 for taxes!
First Page Last Page
Page 5798 of 6617

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.