Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,991,707 Views | 231574 Replies | Last: 7 min ago by EliteZags
FJ43
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Hey Farmer!

Hadn't posted as much meeting myself coming and going. Just wanted to say loved the black band Stetson choice. Keep buying them.

Can I guy have enough hats?

'Gus' the rally Resistol is ready to be pulled out for the rally but not just yet. The felt Stetson may come out first given we are about past straw season.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
Yep. No way to have enough hats....or boots! I hope your gig is going well.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
That's awesome Farmer! But i gotta ask... what's with the bullwhip?
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
His hair is perfect. Werewolves of lower Alabama.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
FJ43
I'm with you. Hats and boots. A man needs a barn full.

Gig going well and still on track. These types of things always have some twists though. Never a dull moment.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

BaylorSpineGuy
When I was in High school, I worked at saltgrass steakhouse in south Arlington.

One night, an older guy and his wife came in, and we were real busy. I was a host at the time. I talked to him, real nice guy. He told me he was cousins with Jimmy Swaggart and Jerry Lee Lewis. (They are apparently all related.)

Anyway, he goes on to give me a real nice quote: "We didn't like to claim Jimmy Swaggart as family."

Bahahahaha that was over 20 yrs ago and that memory is crystallized!
ProgN
BaylorSpineGuy said:

I crossed over to 50 3 days ago. I wasn't looking forward to it but looking down at the grass is better than looking up at it.

I like that you were a server/service industry before. Successful people that walked in their shoes before treat people of all walks of life with respect.
irish pete ag06
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

Maybe this will help.

I need to be cattle prodded sometimes.
BaylorSpineGuy
ProgN said:

BaylorSpineGuy said:

I crossed over to 50 3 days ago. I wasn't looking forward to it but looking down at the grass is better than looking up at it.

I like that you were a server/service industry before. Successful people that walked in their shoes before treat people of all walks of life with respect.

Definitely humble beginnings for me. Learned to speak Spanish there. Worked there in high school, after freshman year of college, and again before starting Med school.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
BaylorSpineGuy said:

One night, an older guy and his wife came in, and we were real busy. I was a host at the time. I talked to him, real nice guy. He told me he was cousins with Jimmy Swaggart and Jerry Lee Lewis. (They are apparently all related.)

Anyway, he goes on to give me a real nice quote: "We didn't like to claim Jimmy Swaggart as family."

Cousins with Lewis and his wife.*
BaylorSpineGuy

Maybe this will help.

For my own education, why not short at the very top? Big reversal candles? Too much risk there? It's often only easy to identify the top in hindsight, but the candle was fairly obvious.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
It's where the 8/21 emas cross and uncross. I didn't even know you could use them on the 5M. Serious "dammit i should have known that" moment. I saved the picture
ProgN
Charismatic Megafauna said:

It's where the 8/21 emas cross and uncross. I didn't even know you could use them on the 5M. Serious "dammit i should have known that" moment. I saved the picture
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
The problem is i ain't that young!
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
How could you believe the setup would work?

Here was the context you had:

1) big push up after bad earnings
2) cooling off of RSI and pull back to EMAs

It just as easily could have based for an hour and then charged up again.

I used to think that way. The objective is not to be long, then short. The objective is to protect capital and make money that's high probability
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
irish pete ag06
AG

Hahaha. I knew about it but I was trying to anticipate it and get in early and still messed it up.
Brewmaster
AG

Is this the car that Doug is recommending to Caliber that they just buy from you because it would be cheaper than fixing all their bad work?
fast forward, "dude, this is my car!". We will hopefully hear from Caliber tomorrow - they might be buying it. Do crap work that has to be completely redone, what do you expect?

credit to you for seeing that other thread!
Philip J Fry
AG
BaylorSpineGuy said:

Maybe this will help.

For my own education, why not short at the very top? Big reversal candles? Too much risk there? It's often only easy to identify the top in hindsight, but the candle was fairly obvious.

One thing I'm trying to drill into my head is "react, don't predict"
ProgN
That depends on your holding time. Trading 0DTEs then you react, but if momentum swing trading you have to predict. Your approach will change base on your timeframe.
Philip J Fry
AG
Perhaps, but I still think you wait for clear reversals instead of assuming they'll happen. I've been burned too many times jumping in at a line of support, just to have the rug pulled from underneath me.
ProgN
I can agree with that.
techno-ag
AG

Thought it was an extension cord at first glance. Kind of an old pic for an electric car, I thought.
SoTXAg09
AG
Thoughts on ANGO? Came across it in my RDR scan. Huge volume today, looks beat down after they lost a suit on 10/6, but Raymond James maintains a $25 PT and the ceo just bought $150000 worth of shares at $15. MACD also curling up.
lobwedgephil
SoTXAg09 said:

Thoughts on ANGO? Came across it in my RDR scan. Huge volume today, looks beat down after they lost a suit on 10/6, but Raymond James maintains a $25 PT and the ceo just bought $150000 worth of shares at $15. MACD also curling up.

Volume is certainly interesting. Will keep on watch, thanks for heads up.

Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG

If you have to ask, you can't afford it
BaylorSpineGuy
Red Pear BCS Luke said:

If you have to ask, you can't afford it

Dad, is that you?!?
techno-ag
AG
GreasenUSA said:

META... 6 years of market cap growth, wiped out in 1 year. Fascinating. Last time it was under 114 was November, 2016.
Sub 100 in the premarket this morning.
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
GDP was 2.6% vs the 2.3% estimated....

Interesting - Have no idea what this means in terms of recession #cancelled or does the Fed see the "soft landing" in sight?
Bob Knights Paper Hands
It might mean they don't have as much demand destruction as they were targeting and will further support the path of rate raises they planned. If so this is good news = bad market.

Just like anything else we'd have to see how the market digests it. I still think the earnings (really the guidance from those) this afternoon and tomorrow morning will push us one way or another and everything else is just noise.
BlueTaze
META is Citadel's largest holding, 50% larger than its 2nd biggest holding.

Fortunately Zuckerberg has been good at taking over other people's companies. Started with FB in college, then continued with whatsapp, IG and others. I think this virtual META vision is his first original idea.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
BlueTaze said:

META is Citadel's largest holding, 50% larger than its 2nd biggest holding.

Silver lining!
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
In a rush this morn.

BASF to permanently downsize in Europe. Energy costs to high to operate, no duh. Green Energy Policy causing folks to lose jobs is not PC.

XOM EPS estimates falling in around $3.88, whisper at $3.90, I'm at $4.06.

Spreads & activity this morning looking similar to yesterday. XOM,..."One-ten by month end" should happen with ease and $112 is the stretch. If Hess can rally 5% on earnings, I believe XOM can too....putting $112 within reach.

Not to jinx......remember, XOM is about as generous of a stock you can get, it runs up to earnings, it runs up after earnings to dividend and it runs up after payout. We are in ATH's territory everyday now, so it's a little different. Sprinters and Distance Runners all have to take a breather every now and then, XOM runs the same way. Just keep your patience if you see dips. $104 & change is support.

Div increase should be announced unless XOM leadership waits until 4Q after elections. I'm certain Brandon has a focus on tomorrow earnings (XOM & CVX) for some negative press to throw at XOM. Time for XOM to give him a one finger salute.

3-2-1-crack spread still pointing to a 4Q XOM blowout.

For you Exxon Tiger old timers out there, the music video below is keyed to play a lyric line just for you today and to be humming tomorrow! Be listening.

Have a great day and make a bunch of money!
planoaggie123
AG
Jim Cramer about to cry on Squawk....Meta must have been half his worth...
jamey
AG
techno-ag said:

GreasenUSA said:

META... 6 years of market cap growth, wiped out in 1 year. Fascinating. Last time it was under 114 was November, 2016.

Good long term hold to buy now?
TheCellarDoor
AG
jamey said:

techno-ag said:

GreasenUSA said:

Good long term hold to buy now?
I don't know. Do you believe millions of people will stay in their homes with VR headsets on to spend time in the metaverse? He's hitched his wagon to Meta, so maybe let some price discovery happen to see how investors feel over time.
First Page Last Page
Page 5792 of 6617

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.