Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,991,680 Views | 231574 Replies | Last: 7 min ago by EliteZags
BaylorSpineGuy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ragoo said:

Charismatic Megafauna said:

30k what is the start/stop time you say not to put on new trades? I need to add that to my rules, i would have won today if i had
are you trading on margin? I've been cash trading the last couple of weeks. If I buy a trade for $4000 and I sell it on a stop of $3500 I don't get to trade those dollars until tomorrow. On margin I get that $3500 credit right back and can make another quick dumb trade. Knowing the cash is locked until the next day makes each entry extra important. Makes me more patient. Bet big on what appears to be a high probability trade and get out as soon as I get a profit that I like. Name of the game is compounding small winners each day. Started this mindset with $1500 a few weeks ago and it is now $11,100.

I only made like 3-4 trades this month. Had a couple fairly small misses at end of September and felt I was reaching. Have now made myself patient and watched much closer before taking a trade. Also have been busy at work so less time to trade but my only active open position is TLT 104C for Jan '23 I bought on Thursday last week. Up slightly on that trade but looking like it was the right move.
Brewmaster
AG

https://texags.com/forums/46/topics/3332872/replies/63374368
holy cow dude. oh, his reply date is yesterday! Caliber guys were over there again today to look at our car (so must be a different car).
This would be hilarious and sad at the same time if it was our car!
Brewmaster
AG
Ragoo said:

30k what is the start/stop time you say not to put on new trades? I need to add that to my rules, i would have won today if i had
are you trading on margin? I've been cash trading the last couple of weeks. If I buy a trade for $4000 and I sell it on a stop of $3500 I don't get to trade those dollars until tomorrow. On margin I get that $3500 credit right back and can make another quick dumb trade. Knowing the cash is locked until the next day makes each entry extra important. Makes me more patient. Bet big on what appears to be a high probability trade and get out as soon as I get a profit that I like. Name of the game is compounding small winners each day. Started this mindset with $1500 a few weeks ago and it is now $11,100.
that is F'ing awesome!

I had an old near dead options account with $300 in it. A few weeks ago, I started to make my own SPY charts rather than attempt to follow others. I also had a game plan for trades, no fomo, trade early or trade late in session, nothing else. and I started taking only a couple trades a day. It's now $1300 at close today I only had 1 trade today, the morning dip and rip (bought call saround 382 ish, sold close to 387.
SF2004
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

Lotto 3840/50/60 butterfly for $1

Credit or debit?

I am assuming you took a debit and wanted it to move away from your ATM options?
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Ragoo said:

Started this mindset with $1500 a few weeks ago and it is now $11,100.

Bruh that's incredible

I am trading on margin (and my stupid fidelity account is already locked down for good faith violations while trading on margin)
This is just the second time this week that i would have done great if i stopped at 10 or so but i overtraded and ended up down a couple bucks today. I thought we would make a run for the 9/15, 9/19, 9/21 s/r line at 388.5ish and bought a couple calls when i thought we were consolidating around 387 (twice) then let them go to 0 (because I'm pdt restricted)
GreasenUSA
AG
META... 6 years of market cap growth, wiped out in 1 year. Fascinating. Last time it was under 114 was November, 2016.
Ag CPA
AG
BaylorSpineGuy said:

META beats on revenue and misses on EPS. Ticked up for a second and now getting hammered. Down about 10 pts (8%) or so.
Expectations were so low yet they still disappointed.
M4 Benelli
GreasenUSA said:

META... 6 years of market cap growth, wiped out in 1 year. Fascinating. Last time it was under 114 was November, 2016.

Sad what has happened to such a culturally enriching pillar of our society.
BaylorSpineGuy
M4 Benelli said:

GreasenUSA said:

Sad what has happened to such a culturally enriching pillar of our society.

Man! You have been nails all week!
Madmarttigan
AG
Bought a small call option, but I'm also happy to see a toxic social media empire burn.
irish pete ag06
AG
Played this little V in the circle wrong both ways. Puts too early and stopped… flipped to calls too early and stopped.

Yesterday was about being too late.

Today was too early.

Try again tomorrow.
evan_aggie
AG
GreasenUSA said:

I had an offer from META last year through a friend/colleague when the stock was $320+. I felt bad because they set up a tee-ball for me to hit a home run in the process. I was very close to accepting the offer.

They were going to swap my company stocks + 20% and offered a substantial raise and target bonus. However, I simply couldn't get past their product portfolio aims. It was too niche in my mind to justify the massive amounts they were spending to increase the Reality Labs team.

CC09LawAg
All thanks to the man they helped elect
topher06
Wish META would go to $0.
Ragoo
AG
Let's figure this out. Where exactly did you buy the puts and calls?
irish pete ag06
AG
Puts here… hindsight is 20/20 but I should have waited for a pullback… and I should have waited for the 8/21 EMA to flip. I was too impatient for entry. I had intraday trend lines drawn that I've since deleted I was using for the put entry.

The calls trade was pure idiotic revenge trading. I was thinking I was wrong again on the puts here comes the dip buying that has happened all day. Just pure lack of being master of my own domain. Since it was revenge, it was too big of a position size too.

I haven't done a revenge trade in a long time. That was a relapse.

I've journaled off and on but I started a few sessions ago and I'm gonna stick with it this time.
RosecityAg
AG
You caught me, Farmer. I'd like to think I'm a 30k in the making, but in reality I'm just day trading on the side for Christmas money…and XOM has not disappointed so far .
BaylorSpineGuy
Did META announce they are declaring war on America? It has bled down BAD after hours.
AgEng06
AG
Hell, they've been at war with America for years already.
ProgN
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-11358609/Jerry-Lee-Lewis-dead-87-Great-Balls-Fire-singer-passed-away-home-Memphis.html
Golf1
AG
The article says he's still alive
ProgN
Golf1 said:

Holy ***** That's good but they just updated that article. Wow, some dumbass is about to get fired.
Ragoo
AG
ProgN said:

Golf1 said:

Holy ***** That's good but they just updated that article. Wow, some dumbass is about to get fired.
im not dead yet.
I think I'll go for a walk.
Ragoo
AG
I honestly don't see reason to enter puts where you did or calls where you did.

You bought puts at the bottom of the channel and calls headed back to the top. Need to be doing the opposite with your stops protecting against break down or breakup.

I can go into more detail later if you would like.
Ag CPA
AG
Wow, TMZ usually doesn't F that kind of stuff up.
techno-ag
AG
Must have been one of those premade celebrity obits they keep on file, released by mistake.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
SF2004 said:

$30,000 Millionaire said:

Lotto 3840/50/60 butterfly for $1

Credit or debit?

I am assuming you took a debit and wanted it to move away from your ATM options?

Never sell a butterfly unless it's an iron butterfly.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Maybe this will help.

ProgN
Farmer asked that I post this for him.

That's our Farmer with Jerry Lee Lewis
AgEng06
AG
I, for one, enjoy his plaid and camo look.
ProgN
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
Thanks ProgN

A much younger Farmer.

We had a helluva time..
ProgN
AgEng06 said:

I, for one, enjoy his plaid and camo look.

This was Farmer's wallet from now on after that pic.
Philip J Fry
AG
Golf1 said:

First Page Last Page
Page 5791 of 6617

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.