Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,992,355 Views | 231574 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by EliteZags
$30,000 Millionaire
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
ChemAg15 said:

I was waiting all day to buy puts at close. Got distracted and missed the chance. Next time

Why though?
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Irish Pete - how did you do today?
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
irish pete ag06
AG
Sad to report. Not too great. Wasn't my worst day all time or anything, but was not great. It was compounded by over trading. Tried to "execute too much." Like a kid with a new toy. I don't have my account pulled up but probably a down 3-4% type day.
ChemAg15
AG
I was going to buy puts at close since it was looking like a day where the market was going to creep up til close. 8 EMA crossed the 20 EMA on QQQ today. This happened back in July after a few days of chop. We've gone up and down for about a week and now the 8 EMA is crossing the 20 EMA again. I think we are entering a bear market rally but it starts with a hiccup. I also think the run up over the last few days has been mainly algorithm based since there hasn't really been any good news to base this on. I'm anticipating the MM pulling the rug out before letting the market run up.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Oh man. Sorry to hear. What happened?

Trend was up. Fomo?
ChemAg15
AG
ChemAg15 said:

I was going to buy puts at close since it was looking like a day where the market was going to creep up til close. 8 EMA crossed the 20 EMA on QQQ today. This happened back in July after a few days of chop. We've gone up and down for about a week and now the 8 EMA is crossing the 20 EMA again. I think we are entering a bear market rally but it starts with a hiccup. I also think the run up over the last few days has been mainly algorithm based since there hasn't really been any good news to base this on. I'm anticipating the MM pulling the rug out before letting the market run up.

krosch11
AG
Haha I don't venture to F16 Prog I've seen you disappear too often to risk it

Good feedback though. Will be interesting to watch .
irish pete ag06
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

Trend was up. Fomo?

A little of everything, but yes mainly.

I tried hard not to buy knives (like my old habit) but I must be too slow when it get above EMAs because I feel like my entries sucked. So then I'd try to cut quick.

It was compounded by a late day trade I cut too soon… I cut it for a 50% loss (probably at the low)… I'd seen too many days sell off at the end… if I'd held it would have been a 100% win. That one hurt.

Watching the options charts all day was really inciteful.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
irish pete ag06 said:

I must be too slow when it get above EMAs because I feel like my entries sucked. So then I'd try to cut quick.

This is something this board helped me with tremendously. It was one or more of OA, FJ, 30k, or Foggy that got me to think more about playing the bounce off the pullback. Now I feel confident with 2 entries. Sometimes I may feel confident that I'm an early bird and I'll get in, but often I'll wait for the retest of a pivot, MA, or other resistance that now may be support. Sometimes I'll use both entries as a way to pyramid in as my confidence on the trade grows.

I've missed moves doing that, but I've limited losses as well and it's helped lower the volatility of my trading performance and ultimately helped me close more green days.
Philip J Fry
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

Trend was up. Fomo?

A little of everything, but yes mainly.

I tried hard not to buy knives (like my old habit) but I must be too slow when it get above EMAs because I feel like my entries sucked. So then I'd try to cut quick.

It was compounded by a late day trade I cut too soon… I cut it for a 50% loss (probably at the low)… I'd seen too many days sell off at the end… if I'd held it would have been a 100% win. That one hurt.

Watching the options charts all day was really inciteful.

I've had pretty good luck trading UPRO on the 5 minute chart using the MACD for the buy signal and RSI + MACD for the sell.
Ragoo
AG
Bob Knights Paper Hands said:

irish pete ag06 said:

I must be too slow when it get above EMAs because I feel like my entries sucked. So then I'd try to cut quick.

This is something this board helped me with tremendously. It was one or more of OA, FJ, 30k, or Foggy that got me to think more about playing the bounce off the pullback. Now I feel confident with 2 entries. Sometimes I may feel confident that I'm an early bird and I'll get in, but often I'll wait for the retest of a pivot, MA, or other resistance that now may be support. Sometimes I'll use both entries as a way to pyramid in as my confidence on the trade grows.

I've missed moves doing that, but I've limited losses as well and it's helped lower the volatility of my trading performance and ultimately helped me close more green days.
if SPX opens up it will usually retest the 21 on the minute chart within the first 30 minutes. It is important to wait for that retest and a few minutes of capitulation. You can usually load +50 point calls for a quick $1-2 on the next move up. Cut if it loses the ema. If it loses if will typically bottom around lunch. Trade the initial retest bounce and a post lunch rally. Been the trend the last several weeks.
Brewmaster
AG
Ragoo said:

Bob Knights Paper Hands said:

irish pete ag06 said:

if SPX opens up it will usually retest the 21 on the minute chart within the first 30 minutes. It is important to wait for that retest and a few minutes of capitulation. You can usually load +50 point calls for a quick $1-2 on the next move up. Cut if it loses the ema. If it loses if will typically bottom around lunch. Trade the initial retest bounce and a post lunch rally. Been the trend the last several weeks.
Ragoo, you are killing it and getting pro at this. I was curious what indicators you were using, but this helps paint the picture.

If we open red tomorrow morning, how would you trade that? This could be one heck of a bear trap, retest 3820 overnight and hang there or a little lower at open, then rip faces (3900 before end of week).
FJ43

I hope you guys weren't long overnight. Sheesh.
Nope
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

BaylorSpineGuy
I would at least consider this an early rejection of the 50 period MA on daily timeframe. GOOG and MSFT charts were approximately there as well and failed hard AH. Need to watch futures overnight.
ProgN
krosch11 said:

Haha I don't venture to F16 Prog I've seen you disappear too often to risk it

Good feedback though. Will be interesting to watch .
Why you gotta bring up old *****
Ragoo
AG
Here is a zoom if of SPX on the minute chart. I was a little late wanted to execute at the green arrow but really wanted to see a reversal so bought at the blue candle. Sold them all by the end of the three green candle extension out of the bollinger channel just a few minutes later.

You can see the volume profile too. Matched right along with the movement up.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
I believe Thursday and Friday will be the biggest earnings days as far as setting market direction. How the market reacts to MSFT and GOOGL during trading hours tomorrow will be big as well as reactions to Boeing, Meta, and F. It could be a bloody day but then turn around at the end of the week.
lobwedgephil
Ragoo said:

Here is a zoom if of SPX on the minute chart. I was a little late wanted to execute at the green arrow but really wanted to see a reversal so bought at the blue candle. Sold them all by the end of the three green candle extension out of the bollinger channel just a few minutes later.

You can see the volume profile too. Matched right along with the movement up.

You bought the correct candle, the green arrow could have kept going down to lose your ema support. Where you bought, you see the curl up. Went against you for a second but held and took off. Well done, very well executed there. The "curl" is common when breaking out of consolidation.
BaylorSpineGuy
TLT on rally in premarket again. 3M10Y inverted yesterday. Recession now likely very close.
sts7049
AG
sts7049
AG
Bonfire1996
AG
Things are lining up for value plays real nice with recession looming. Those of you that get year end bonuses are in for a treat.

Did you ever think you would see the day that AAPL, MSFT, and maybe even GOOGL could be viewed as value plays? Coming soon with these earnings and macro economic conditions
Saltyag15
AG
MSFT earnings looked pretty good...wonder why it took a big poopy? Just the general environment and the feeling on tech overall I guess.
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
Hey Heineken!

This Bud's beer for you. (If you're old enough to remember this one)

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/drinks-maker-heineken-boss-says-there-are-signs-of-softness-in-demand-for-beer-11666789146?mod=mw_latestnews
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I'm curious to see what happens today. My initial thesis is chop
and some gap fill.
Spoony Love
AG
I know lots of price targets were slashed.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Someone suggested the other day that if they were a public cfo they would use this earnings to throw in every writedown they could find and withhold guidance. Maybe we're starting to see it. Now 5d chess: how long is it going to take for the market to see through that? Is it already?

Also we gotta backtest 380 today, right?
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Bought Google. Stop 95.10
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
Bonfire1996 said:

Things are lining up for value plays real nice with recession looming. Those of you that get year end bonuses are in for a treat.

Did you ever think you would see the day that AAPL, MSFT, and maybe even GOOGL could be viewed as value plays? Coming soon with these earnings and macro economic conditions
I agree with you that Growth Tech will be of value in Dec/Jan, and right now tech money is seeking safety and moving to energy. Energy at some point way down the road will be overdone. Right now,...

Moving on,...

Snip from Talking Alpha this morning.

Quote:

Saudi Arabia has fired off a warning shot aimed at the U.S. as a high-level standoff over crude oil and supply agreements goes public. Prince Abdulaziz bin Salman, the Kingdom's oil minister, accused unnamed countries of using their emergency oil reserves to "manipulate markets rather than helping with shortages of supply." The remarks come after the Biden administration authorized the release of another 15M barrels of crude from the U.S. Strategic Petroleum Reserve as it tries to curb elevated gasoline prices in the wake of production cuts from OPEC+.

Quote:
"We, as Saudi Arabia, decided to be the maturer guys," he told the Future Investment Initiative Forum, otherwise known as Davos in the Desert. "It is my profound duty to make it clear to the world that losing emergency stock may become painful in the months to come. Running out of capacity has a much dearer cost than what people can imagine."

Bang Bang Bang

Energy is where it's at now. Friday will be glorious.

My XOM Q3 estimate is $4.06

Forward Teaser: If you look at the 3-2-1 crack spread, XOM in Q4 could blow out the Q2 historic earnings record. Q4 has started in a super way and there is a long way to go, but extrapolation today points to a blow out in Q4. Yes it does.

XOM a $400 billion company? LOL! Try $1 trillion. Way undervalued. Go XOM! (CVX looking perky too!)

Have a great day!
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Trim some if you want
Txducker
AG
spy qqq 0900 candle, rocket up and volume. This is interesting.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Those *******s tried to shake me out of my 0Dte 3830 SPX calls for a loss right before the explosion upward. Target reached and I'm out.

I have 2 MSFT 230 calls hoping we'll get a model T today. I'll hold as long as macros stay above opening price.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Played small. Let's see if this runner can run.

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Dumping Google. Not moving with market.
First Page Last Page
Page 5788 of 6617

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.