Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,998,110 Views | 231597 Replies | Last: 14 min ago by El_duderino
Bob Knights Paper Hands
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I think there is real concern, but of course it takes on its own life where anyone that disagrees with you becomes a pedo. We should not have teachers trying to insert inappropriate sexual discussion into classrooms or to keep things secret from parents, insertion of alt-sexualized material in children's books and movies, or the most blatant is the drag whatever for kids. The goal for these appears to be indoctrination and hypersexualizing children - AKA grooming victims for pedophilia.

...takes off tinfoil hat and steps off soap box.
FJ43
$30,000 Millionaire said:

We have to be open minded to a short term bottom. I do think this will come back into the low to mid 3700s this week
I really want a quick push into mid 380s-388 (382.40-388.65) on SPY, well extended above the 5ema, to go short out a ways. Trade only and sell covered on shares.

Let's go!
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

planoaggie123
AG
Curious on thoughts on a "stop loss" price for XOM. I am not an active trader and not great at reading charts / tends. I could make a killing even selling at $80 due to buying at covid lows ($39 average) but still trying to figure out my next move. The few times lately that it went back to 80s I was kicking myself a bit. Appreciate any thoughts.
FishrCoAg
AG
planoaggie123 said:

Curious on thoughts on a "stop loss" price for XOM. I am not an active trader and not great at reading charts / tends. I could make a killing even selling at $80 due to buying at covid lows ($39 average) but still trying to figure out my next move. The few times lately that it went back to 80s I was kicking myself a bit. Appreciate any thoughts.

Sell enough to go net free, then set a stop on the rest
Golf1
AG
https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTRH3W4B1/
planoaggie123
AG
FishrCoAg said:

planoaggie123 said:

Sell enough to go net free, then set a stop on the rest

I think you are right and maybe I do an initial stop at like $105 to go net free then still curious where maybe to go for rest. I realize nothing is certain and all things considered my dividend yield holding is solid but don't want to get to another point of XOM being in 80s or low 90s and having regrets.
agdaddy04
AG
BaylorSpineGuy
Meanwhile….back to stocks.

Hang Seng got slaughtered. 7% down. Hope none of u had an itch to buy BABA last wk. it's down 12% in PM trading.
FJ43

Please keep this board to trading. This is a trading and investing thread where we all help each other to improve our financial lives and that of our families.

We get to vote two ways. Ballot box and bank accounts. This thread is about bank accounts.

Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

FJ43
Flagged and ignored.

Golf1
AG
I got some puts in BABA last week that I'll be getting rid of when market opens. was a nice surprise to wake up to it at $63!
Bob Knights Paper Hands
BaylorSpineGuy said:

Hang Seng got slaughtered. 7% down. Hope none of u had an itch to buy BABA last wk. it's down 12% in PM trading.

That could be good for US market if we see more money flood in from China. Today we get to see if last week was OPEX shenanigans or if we've really put in a temporary bottom. I'm still leaning shenanigans, but am cautiously waiting to find out.
BaylorSpineGuy
Bob Knights Liver said:

BaylorSpineGuy said:

That could be good for US market if we see more money flood in from China. Today we get to see if last week was OPEX shenanigans or if we've really put in a temporary bottom. I'm still leaning shenanigans, but am cautiously waiting to find out.

I like where your head's at. The Phillies are in the World Series. Let us all be extremely cautious. Tail risk is very high! Lol
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
BOIL is pretty bottomed out, but I would wait for a reversal signal. You could use Fridays low as a stop.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
Quacked
A discord channel could be helpful, might not be everyone preffered medium though.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Volatile overnight in my opinion. Lots of earnings this week.
sts7049
AG
that already exists, or existed. not sure if it's still alive anymore.
Ragoo
AG
We seem to be pretty far extended…..
E
AG
NIO back in single digits
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Candles
Quacked
just found this hidden gem a few weeks ago

You guys are amazing
SF2004
AG

ryanhnc10
AG
Anyone starting to look at JD, NIO, or BABA?
Spoony Love
AG
For real. Bouncing between 375.5 - 378.5. It was a good start for quick scalps. I just think this is headed down what with the "green start to red finish in a bear market" thing.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Volatile. Going to wait for more.

ProgN
CC09LawAg
Managed to sell on the dip this AM with my OXY put and cut my losses by $400. Got in ASAP on some more XOM calls.

Just wish I would've bought more!
topher06
Entered some SPY 360 puts expiring 11.7

EDIT: Sold 2/3 at 13% gain, holding others through end of day most likely.

EDIT: Bought the 2/3 back a little below original purchase price.
Spoony Love
AG
That makes me angry
Brewmaster
AG
FJ43 said:

Please keep this board to trading. This is a trading and investing thread where we all help each other to improve our financial lives and that of our families.

We get to vote two ways. Ballot box and bank accounts. This thread is about bank accounts.

it's 30K's fault, he started it, lol.

and in his defense, he can ask anything he wants here!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Spoony Love said:

For real. Bouncing between 375.5 - 378.5. It was a good start for quick scalps. I just think this is headed down what with the "green start to red finish in a bear market" thing.
Welp. Seems so.
Spoony Love
AG
When using a trailstop, does the mark update as the option increase in value?

So if I set a .1 trail when option is 1.00, making the stop at .9. If the option moves to 1.1, will it update the stop to 1. since it is a "trail"?

Logically that would make sense but either that's not how it works on TOS or I am entering the order wrong.
AgEng06
AG
Yes, that's correct.
Spoony Love
AG
Great, now I need to figure out why it isn't updating. I've had to manually update the last few weeks to catch more value. I've left some dollars on the table because of it.

Thanks for the confirmation.
Chef Elko
AG
Wow, closing out my NIO protective puts on Thursday was a terrible move. Jeez.
First Page Last Page
Page 5782 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.