Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,005,046 Views | 231614 Replies | Last: 13 min ago by El_duderino
wanderer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I remember a video from John Carter about a month ago where he talked about TLT.

He basically attributed the drop in TLT to the rise in the dollar. Seems like this week (and today AH with the yen) the dollar is strengthening again. Not good for equities.
ranchag04
AG
wanderer said:

That is a gut punch to think about. (I'm in a similar boat)

3 straight 71% days only gets WWR to $6.00.

Who recommended WWR? I remember being told it would get to $20 when it was at $9.
lobwedgephil
BlueTaze

The longer we stay above 3600, the more likely we squeeze IMO.
irish pete ag06
AG
Shrek boner on ES
CC09LawAg
Farmer - if this premarket indicates anything about how today is gonna go, you're gonna be my hero.
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
CC09LawAg said:

Farmer - if this premarket indicates anything about how today is gonna go, you're gonna be my hero.

I wish the best for you and you will have done it on your own. Shingles vaccine for me this morning. I hope I dont miss out on a big move.
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
UK PM Truss Resigns.

TecRecAg
AG
Jobless claims surprise, down 12k to 214k. Estimate 235k.

Weird recession we're in..
Spoony Love
AG
What to do, what to do? This premarket is indecision. We could head for 360 or move to max pain of 373. And it feels like it could do either of those quickly
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Watching premarket action. Another day to wait for the IB
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
gougler08
AG
Red Pear BCS Luke said:

UK PM Truss Resigns.

45 days on the job, wow that's bad
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Spoony Love said:

What to do, what to do? This premarket is indecision. We could head for 360 or move to max pain of 373. And it feels like it could do either of those quickly

You don't have to do anything. Preserving capital is #1
Quacked
still have two of my 10 105c 10/21 strike. Wish i had went out a week more, worried about decay
Spoony Love
AG
I think nothing is the best option right now so good advice.
Mas89
AG
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

CC09LawAg said:

I wish the best for you and you will have done it on your own. Shingles vaccine for me this morning. I hope I dont miss out on a big move.
Ouch on that vaccine but the best thing you can do today according to my unvaccinated friend who had a bad case of the shingles. He talked me into getting the Shingrix vaccine immediately. But damn it hurt. Twice.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I bought some CWH to swing. 24.5 stop.
FJ43

PSHG

Watch this one. Watch .34 for breakout. OA on this one and hearing buzz about earnings coming up. Rough chart.

Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

LMCane
techno-ag said:

This guy has an interesting article on bear markets. Not sure I agree that the past is always prologue with the market, but he has a lot of interesting comments and predictions.

Quote:

The bull market which lasted from August 1921 through September 1929 was followed by a bear market which ended in July 1932, 34 months later. The bull market from October 1990 through March 2000 was followed by a bear market from March 10, 2000 to October 10, 2002, 31 months later. We just had the lengthiest bull market in history from March 2009 through January 2022, so expect the current bear market to last for at least 2-1/2 years and perhaps longer.

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4547224-big-market-bottoms

looks like it took nearly TWENTY YEARS to once again reach the previous all time high.

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Healthy to trim some CWH. Congrats all
Bob Knights Paper Hands
I got stopped out on UPRO just before that last push. They got to exactly the number I moved stops up to for a second, executed my order, and moved up. All because of Durkin's 3-man front.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I think this is a short squeeze. Going to take some profits and wait.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Let's have a 5% green day, let all my SPX lottos max out, and then I'll be done for the year.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
$30,000 Millionaire said:

I think this is a short squeeze. Going to take some profits and wait.

I think so too. Pivot at 3762 might push us back down as well. If we get there.
topher06
Out of those SPY calls from yesterday.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Congrats
Golf1
AG
Come on XOM! Get above 105!
Brewmaster
AG
H&S intraday
negated so far, bulls fighting
Philip J Fry
AG
Bob Knights Liver said:

I got stopped out on UPRO just before that last push. They got to exactly the number I moved stops up to for a second, executed my order, and moved up. All because of Durkin's 3-man front.

It's almost like they know what your stops are. Really wish there was a way to set "time below value" or something so that it's a meaningful limit with this much volatility.
topher06
So happy I bought back my sold 105 10/21 calls on the dip back to 90 a few weeks ago. Have a couple 110 for 11/18 sold but would be sweating a lot more over 105 tomorrow
Bob Knights Paper Hands
This time it's my fault for moving it a bit too tight based on my cost basis instead of TA prices. That's usually what it comes down to - the market penetrates just enough below support that buyers grab your shares/contracts and you become part of the volume running back up.

I did call and jokingly blame my broker for it, because I hadn't given him **** for awhile.
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
Golf1 said:

Just think,....earnings isn't til next week. Enjoy the ride. Might do some backing and filling, but I doubt it. (It would be a killer move to announce earnings on 10/28, get a Red Wave on 11/8 and then announce a Div increase on 11/9! Oh yeah, bay-bay, give it to me..)

Early this morning the CVX:XOM spread widened to $66. It's $66.50 now. CVX is not retreating.

WTI:XOM spread is +17 and I don't see WTI price relaxing much.

Brandon acknowledge the situation was dire yesterday.

Repeat after me, One-ten by month end. Keep repeating.

Bang Bang Bang
jamey
AG
We gonna hit 3,900 again on the S&P? Would like to put some money into stable and wait till next year to go back in but not sure it's worth it at 3700 unless the **** really hits the fan in 2023
irish pete ag06
AG
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

Golf1 said:

Just think,....earnings isn't til next week. Enjoy the ride. Might do some backing and filling, but I doubt it. (It would be a killer move to announce earnings on 10/28, get a Red Wave on 11/8 and then announce a Div increase on 11/9! Oh yeah, bay-bay, give it to me..)

Early this morning the CVX:XOM spread widened to $66. It's $66.50 now. CVX is not retreating.

WTI:XOM spread is +17 and I don't see WTI price relaxing much.

Brandon acknowledge the situation was dire yesterday.

Repeat after me, One-ten by month end. Keep repeating.

Bang Bang Bang
I'm exposed via net free OXY Jan 70 Calls... if (with Farmer talking about energy... I should say "WHEN") this happens, this will likely be my biggest gain on any trade.
Carlo4
AG
gougler08 said:

Red Pear BCS Luke said:

UK PM Truss Resigns.

45 days on the job, wow that's bad
Video of her exit interview

First Page Last Page
Page 5775 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.