Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,005,006 Views | 231614 Replies | Last: 12 min ago by El_duderino
Charismatic Megafauna
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Charismatic Megafauna said:

Laredo petroleum (LPI) seems to be overreacting to a q4 production forecast cut. Seems like a swing opportunity

Anybody lotto this with me?
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Red Pear BCS Luke said:

BREwmaster said:

$30,000 Millionaire said:

Heineken- I'm glad you're here.
likewise! now, who is Heineken? austinAg reincarnated?
I thought he was Aggie Daniel?

Am I wrong?

I suggested he was AD yesterday but after some of yesterday and today's posts i think i have a better idea who it is and it's brilliant. I'm not sharing though because i don't want to screw it up
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Regained ORL and lost it again. My 369 pin i put on yesterday may pay
BlueTaze
Today (after immediately blaming Putin) Brandon was again boasting about how the US is producing more oil than ever, and that his SPR sell/buy strategy will allow oil companies to invest even more in production. He literally urged oil companies not to buy back stock, but to drill and produce more!

He ran his whole campaign on shutting down drilling and phasing out oil production.

Im gonna fade Brandon's $70 oil target harder than Cramers stock picks.
topher06
BlueTaze said:

Today (after immediately blaming Putin) Brandon was again boasting about how the US is producing more oil than ever, and that his SPR sell/buy strategy will allow oil companies to invest even more in production. He literally urged oil companies not to buy back stock, but to drill and produce more!

He ran his whole campaign on shutting down drilling and phasing out oil production.

Im gonna fade Brandon's $70 oil target harder than Cramers stock picks.
Yeah he is an idiot. Any increase in production is despite him and is being done slower because no one trusts a word that comes out of his mouth, not the producers, not the refiners, not the midstream guys and definitely not the finance people.
topher06
Going to hold a few SPY calls overnight and hope for the best on TSLA, but this is almost straight up gambling so just a small position.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Charismatic Megafauna said:

Look at these monster 1-min buys on spy, 2:00 yesterday and 1:30 today. 64M shares each. Ppt? Gap up again tomorrow?

52M at 1:34 today.
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
Oh my!

XOM = 103.99 HOD

After 104.30....it's $112..

Remember One-ten by month end!
Spoony Love
AG
What about the 5th of November? What should I remember?
topher06
Looks to be just one big churn.
Spoony Love said:

Nov 1 & 2 Fed Meeting
Nov 5 Roy Rogers birthday, VS Florida in CStat, White Tail, what else, uh don't know.
Nov 8 Election Day
Brewmaster
AG
3700 pin at close?
topher06
Who knows, the market ends up swinging $1+ in the last minute candle now. Whatever prayer people used to have in power hour has been completely nullified by algos.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

Nov 5 Roy Rogers birthday, VS Florida in CStat, White Tail, what else, uh don't know.

Ask 59 if he's gonna be out in his Guy ****es mask
topher06
How difficult do you think it is for the big shops to not act on the earnings information they have until 2-3 minutes left in the trading day?
kyle field 94
AG
topher06 said:

Want to take out some XOM options to December 2022, but concerned they'll do a substantial special dividend which would hurt the underlying. Waiting out the dividend announcement. Sure they'll also raise the regular dividend, which will also help the stock price. Do own some shares long, like I'm guessing many of us here do.

If they do a special dividend, then all the option strikes get reset by the amount of the special dividend.

So, if they do a special 1.50 dividend, then all options strikes get lowered by 1.50. So, there is no real fear in a special dividend and options
topher06
kyle field 94 said:

topher06 said:

Want to take out some XOM options to December 2022, but concerned they'll do a substantial special dividend which would hurt the underlying. Waiting out the dividend announcement. Sure they'll also raise the regular dividend, which will also help the stock price. Do own some shares long, like I'm guessing many of us here do.

If they do a special dividend, then all the option strikes get reset by the amount of the special dividend.

So, if they do a special 1.50 dividend, then all options strikes get lowered by 1.50. So, there is no real fear in a special dividend and options
Oh I didn't know that, thanks.
Golf1
AG
I know it was the smart thing to do but getting out of my TSLA puts and seeing it go down really sucks.
kyle field 94
AG
topher06 said:

kyle field 94 said:

topher06 said:

Oh I didn't know that, thanks.

Yes and that is why sometimes you may see a stock with a 99.50 option strike. That means that along the way there was a special dividend of 50 cents and they lowered the 100$ strikes downward
topher06
It is only down $6, most of that would just be lost in the premium decay. EDIT: Now $8.50 so yeah that sucks.
Chef Elko
AG
Hoping this is EOG breaking out. Let's go $145!
Carlo4
AG
https://www.wsj.com/articles/covid-washington-officials-stocks-trading-markets-stimulus-11666192404

Fantastic article. I hope they all burn.
Carlo4
AG
Spoony Love said:

M4 Benelli
https://www.insiderviz.com/company/0000034088

Cool site with interactive insider/congressional trades. Keyed up XOM for your viewing pleasure.

#SPAM

Oh my!

XOM = 103.99 HOD

After 104.30....it's $112..UPDATED 10/19/2022 - 5:43pmCST = $104.36

Remember One-ten by month end!
EngrAg14
AG

Spoony Love said:

Nov 1 & 2 Fed Meeting
Nov 8 Election Day

Whats happened past years on election cycles?
FJ43
FJ43 said:

FJ43 said:

Evening Gents….

What I'm watching. Trend line & 21EMA break? Hold red SR back tested 2 days and prior SR? 50 EMA above.

SPY

Trade wisely!

Hope yall had a solid day……

Careful gents…..today vs yesterday chart I posted.

Trade wisely!
Evening Traders! Y'all pretty active today and much thanks for the posts for me to read this evening!

About right. Sellers drying up on this 'little push'? Buyers? Chart remains intact. Careful careful careful…..

Trade wisely!

Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

topher06
Futures down 20 points for s&P, not thinking a reversal is in the cards today either
Bonfire1996
AG
Japan bond market is breaking down for the 4th time in a couple months.

Who in their right mind would buy 10 year Jap bonds at 0.25% when you can buy 3 month TBills at 4%?

If the entire globe doesn't resume QE the global financial system is in trouble. Too much differential in rates will not allow the lower yield countries any stability.

Sounds crazy but our world is way too fungible.
Philip J Fry
AG
All worth it to force people into "green" coal powered cars.
wanderer
AMPX up 71% today on Infrastructure Bill news.

This is what I see WWR doing one day. When will that day be??…..probably after all of us have given up on it (if that hasn't already happened).
AgEng06
AG
I'm gonna need a lot more than 71%...
wanderer
That is a gut punch to think about. (I'm in a similar boat)

3 straight 71% days only gets WWR to $6.00.
techno-ag
AG
This guy has an interesting article on bear markets. Not sure I agree that the past is always prologue with the market, but he has a lot of interesting comments and predictions.

Quote:

The bull market which lasted from August 1921 through September 1929 was followed by a bear market which ended in July 1932, 34 months later. The bull market from October 1990 through March 2000 was followed by a bear market from March 10, 2000 to October 10, 2002, 31 months later. We just had the lengthiest bull market in history from March 2009 through January 2022, so expect the current bear market to last for at least 2-1/2 years and perhaps longer.

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4547224-big-market-bottoms
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
TLT has been red 11/12 weeks. Lol.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
First Page Last Page
Page 5774 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.