Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,010,528 Views | 231614 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by El_duderino
Brewmaster
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bitcoin is falling off a cliff too, looks worse than the markets today.

it is near support though
Triple_Bagger
My 2 week forecast:
11/18 - NFLX reports decent earnings, SPX pops
11/19 - TSLA reports bad earnings, SPX loses gains from NFLX
11/25-28 - Remaining big tech companies report bad earnings and we tank
10/31 - SPX under 3500

Bookmark it
topher06
Out of all puts, may load some calls overnight.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Bob Knights Liver said:

I probably would have played the 3700 pin. Good call on 3750.

Well crap a nice 3725/3700/3675 put fly would have been nice. I'm going to keep two SPY puts overnight.
topher06
topher06 said:

Damn, only had time to load a few calls before this shot up. At least unloaded the puts.

EDIT: Out on the calls. ~15% in 7 minutes too good to pass up, although I'm sure I'll kick myself tomorrow if NFLX reports well.

Can't lie though, i'm not sure I expect NFLX to report well when every other service came out with something good in the last quarter (although I'm not sure how much people actually cancel Netflix to switch to others versus just adding the others). House of Dragons, Andor and Lord of the Rings were all very pumped up, what did Netflix add during that time?
Ragoo
AG
Bought 10 SPX 3725c for 0.30 right before the squeeze. Sold them all at 1.35.
Triple_Bagger
Same. I bought some 375 calls that went up 50% in 15 minutes on that little spike so I sold. I wanted these so I could play NFLX earnings. I have an open order to buy back at my initial purchase price.
topher06
Reloaded some puts, next Friday expiration 360 strike.
jj9000
AG
topher06 said:

topher06 said:

House of Dragons, Andor and Lord of the Rings were all very pumped up, what did Netflix add during that time?
Megamind?
Sing 2?

Yeah...you're probably right on this one.

irish pete ag06
AG
I bought a very far OTM NFLX strangle with some jingle made on XSP scalps. Here's to volatility!
topher06
jj9000 said:

topher06 said:

topher06 said:

House of Dragons, Andor and Lord of the Rings were all very pumped up, what did Netflix add during that time?
Megamind?
Sing 2?

Yeah...you're probably right on this one.

Sarcasm? I don't have kids, but those sound like kid shows... were they huge hits? Serious question. The only kid I take care of sometimes is still in the Daniel Tiger phase (shoot me).

Let's see if they loaded the murder algo today.

EDIT: Unloaded 50% of puts.
Golf1
AG
Goodness Netflix….
topher06
Golf1 said:

Goodness Netflix….
Well I suck, glad I didn't play it directly. Congrats to those of you who did.
TecRecAg
AG
Another $230/share and I'm back to break even with my small 5 shares.
irish pete ag06
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

I bought a very far OTM NFLX strangle with some jingle made on XSP scalps. Here's to volatility!
Go ahead and close that gap NFLX, I dare ya
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Supposedly the Biden administration is going to explain their plans to lower gasoline prices today or tomorrow morning. We may see E&P stocks take a little hit and then drift. If so the last good buying opportunity may come on Friday, IMO.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
I sold almost all of the FGEN. I bought some call spreads with part of the profits in case it does pop, but wanted to derisk
Golf1
AG
Haha to $330??? That would be impressive.
Golf1
AG
Triple_Bagger said:

My 2 week forecast:
11/18 - NFLX reports decent earnings, SPX pops
11/19 - TSLA reports bad earnings, SPX loses gains from NFLX
11/25-28 - Remaining big tech companies report bad earnings and we tank
10/31 - SPX under 3500

Bookmark it

1 for 1….
Wouldn't hate for you to be right about the rest either since I have some puts in TSLA I'm ready to get rid of.
irish pete ag06
AG
Yes it would.
Brewmaster
AG
Triple_Bagger said:

My 2 week forecast:
10/18 - NFLX reports decent earnings, SPX pops
10/19 - TSLA reports bad earnings, SPX loses gains from NFLX
10/25-28 - Remaining big tech companies report bad earnings and we tank
10/31 - SPX under 3500

Bookmark it
I'll take the over. The market is due for a rally and a lot of names are due as well. A rally to 3900 would still be bear market territory and oh so many puts will get wrecked on the way up.
Bonfire1996
AG
We are in a technical rally and earnings will be good based upon expectations levied after 2 quarters of negative GDP growth. Bank earnings are down from years past, but they are slaughtering expectations built in the 2nd quarter.

Play this rally but get ready to go short. You have had the following inflation this year:

1Q and 2Q: Energy inflation, rent flat, food slow inflation
3Q: Food inflation, Rent inflation, Energy deflation
4Q: Food inflation, rent inflation, energy inflation after SPR drain concludes
1Q2023: Full on stagflation

Get ready. Lotto puts on November 1 are going to be gold. FED and SPR stop in the same week.
topher06
Suspect the fed will probably **** on the parade as they seek to shock inflation out of the economy (as you mentioned a few days ago, they can't hold the rates high for long so they'll be resorted to a shock approach). However, the premiums on SPY out to November 2 are absolutely juiced... might take a flier on a few still.

Still really bad at wanting the market to go down. I'm going to take a loss on some puts overnight (offsetting part of the trades earlier in the day, posted on this thread), but I'm still happy the market is going up as whatever I lose on these is more than offset by my actual stock account that I don't mess with other than to sell covered calls. Wish I could be as neutral as some of our more experienced traders are, I know I'm still biased upside.

Edit: market up pretty nice after hours
Philip J Fry
AG
Bob Knights Liver said:

I sold almost all of the FGEN. I bought some call spreads with part of the profits in case it does pop, but wanted to derisk

I would put a tight trailing stop on it, but morning action have been volatile. Still hoping to squeeze 22 out of it.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
I didn't want to do a stop because I think we'll see a stop raid just before any really big push. I'd rather take the 5% return or just continue to let it ride.
FJ43
FJ43 said:

Evening Gents….

What I'm watching. Trend line & 21EMA break? Hold red SR back tested 2 days and prior SR? 50 EMA above.

SPY

Trade wisely!

Hope yall had a solid day……

Careful gents…..today vs yesterday chart I posted.

Trade wisely!
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

FJ43
Heineken-Ashi said:

Philip J Fry said:

How do we know if we are in a short squeeze or not?

You guys have GOT to learn to stop trading every market the same.
This….well said Heineken
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

lobwedgephil
Bob Knights Liver said:

Supposedly the Biden administration is going to explain their plans to lower gasoline prices today or tomorrow morning. We may see E&P stocks take a little hit and then drift. If so the last good buying opportunity may come on Friday, IMO.
They will release 15 million barrels.
Brewmaster
AG
Bonfire1996 said:

We are in a technical rally and earnings will be good based upon expectations levied after 2 quarters of negative GDP growth. Bank earnings are down from years past, but they are slaughtering expectations built in the 2nd quarter.

Play this rally but get ready to go short. You have had the following inflation this year:

1Q and 2Q: Energy inflation, rent flat, food slow inflation
3Q: Food inflation, Rent inflation, Energy deflation
4Q: Food inflation, rent inflation, energy inflation after SPR drain concludes
1Q2023: Full on stagflation

Get ready. Lotto puts on November 1 are going to be gold. FED and SPR stop in the same week.
weren't you bullish though on real estate in 2023 and 2024? or at least your real estate connections are.

great posts as always sir!
Bonfire1996
AG
BREwmaster said:

weren't you bullish though on real estate in 2023 and 2024? or at least your real estate connections are.

great posts as always sir!
Yes. I believe the Fed will panic as growth stops in 1Q23. The minute they announce a pause in rate hikes, the 10 year will crash and mortgage rates along with it.

When mortgage rates crash to 5% or less, the real estate market, particularly in politically red areas, will explode upwards.

Higher rents will compete with mortgage payments again and BOOM!
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Hmm

You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
topher06
What does it mean?
BaylorSpineGuy
topher06 said:

What does it mean?

Nobody knows what it means. But it's provocative! It gets the people going!!
Philip J Fry
AG
Gap up means we will fill it in this market
Ragoo
AG
Probably open back up at the top of todays candle and trade down or sideways. Bringing the 8EMA closer to the 21. If that happens and we get a cross with volume into next week we might see a prolonged reversal.
First Page Last Page
Page 5770 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.