Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,010,396 Views | 231614 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by El_duderino
Spoony Love
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That should be about 368, right?
topher06
I'm selling calls on my spy shares out 1 month right now. Wish I held my BAC calls, but not going to cry about taking profits there either.
Golf1
AG
Sorry I'm not saying it's what's going to happen. I just remember last week thinking the market would bounce and get rejected and it seemed like it never got rejected. Which feels like today will be the opposite and we could have a slow day going down with no recovery. There's a lot of earnings happening this week so the market is going to do what it's going to do but to be careful on long positions and make sure you use your stops.
Texas Tea
AG
storey979 said:

Anyone know anything about Tellurian? Is it a dead duck now without the Driftwood LNG?

That's a tough one. They have their permitting which has value but how much? The problem is/was the structuring of their downstream contracts. If they get those worked out, they should be okay. Someone in the industry told me last week that he wouldn't bet against Souki but he wouldn't necessarily bet on him either. Cheniere looked like they might crash and burn back in 2009(?) and they survived.

Having said that, Cramer seems to like them so take that into consideration.
Spoony Love
AG
I am agreeing with your previous post about the downward trend, just confirming where that level might be.

I think the market is trying to get out in front of earnings, which won't be good IMO.
Brewmaster
AG
just consolidation and opex shenanigans I think
Golf1
AG
I think it depends on how the market reacts to yesterdays trends. It was in that 366-368 zone most the day so I would expect something in there.
Spoony Love
AG
Upon review of the SPY 5 min chart today looks algo driven. Push down with a retrace almost of MT then back down. Maybe it continues that trend.
Ragoo
AG
SPX opened at the upper bollinger on the 30 min. Easy put scalp for $900. Done and done.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Definitely Daniel.
Crap.
Need moar puts!
Heineken-Ashi
If S&P gets through today's high, it has runway on the uptrend to 3880. Through that and it will battle the next downward trendline that started in August which should be in the 3900-3950 range by the end of the week. Through that and the final battle is the full bear market downward trendline which is currently waiting in the 4200 range.

Watch the beer candles and don't be long if you see an indecision candle. Again, we're in a recovery bounce. It trades choppy and unpredictable. We have to get through all the battles mentioned above before you even consider trading long in a bullish manner. And even then, I would likely wait for a consolidation phase to complete.
“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
M4 Benelli
Think im finally going to answer Farmer's bongo drums amd sing Babaaaaaloooooo. Though Im leaning towards the Texas Tea of BPT. Today may be a good entry point as they opened -8% on the day on fattie divy week.

Q2 had a Tessa Holiday divy of $1.40, while Q3 saw a Delta Burke divy of .70 cents. Given the share price, this has black gold and green dollar signs all over it aslong as you boooolieve the thesis that Farmer is spewing that WTI is going to get higher than Hunter in a ****et motor lodge.

P/E currently at 5, div yield at 32%.

RSI at 38, could go back into the 10s, but 11s seems to be a good legging point. Currently under 50% off the High in June. Bear case, Brandon is a swell fellow, oil tanks, and the pain of your port is cushioned by less pain at the pump.

Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Dammit. I had to take the kids to the dentist this morning so i put an order in before open for expiring 375 spy puts at 3. (Atm when i looked at it, approx price of atm-ish 367p at close yesterday) Looks like i missed it by .02
Philip J Fry
AG
Tapped out of UPRO 31.1. Bought in at 25 and change. Now I'm hoping it keeps dropping a bit more.
Brewmaster
AG
Ragoo said:

SPX opened at the upper bollinger on the 30 min. Easy put scalp for $900. Done and done.
going short on a green open, seems to work every time in this market.

credit to someone else who posted the tweet, "Bear markets open green, close red. Bull markets open red, close green".
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Well that's deflating.
Bonfire97
AG
Quote:

If S&P gets through today's high, it has runway on the uptrend to 3880.
Yeah, if it stays above the 20 day MA today, it's probably heading to the 50 day @ 3900.
Brewmaster
AG
M4 Benelli said:

Think im finally going to answer Farmer's bongo drums amd sing Babaaaaaloooooo. Though Im leaning towards the Texas Tea of BPT. Today may be a good entry point as they opened -8% on the day on fattie divy week.

Q2 had a Tessa Holiday divy of $1.40, while Q3 saw a Delta Burke divy of .70 cents. Given the share price, this has black gold and green dollar signs all over it aslong as you boooolieve the thesis that Farmer is spewing that WTI is going to get higher than Hunter in a ****et motor lodge.

P/E currently at 5, div yield at 32%.

RSI at 38, could go back into the 10s, but 11s seems to be a good legging point. Currently under 50% off the High in June. Bear case, Brandon is a swell fellow, oil tanks, and the pain of your port is cushioned by less pain at the pump.

great stuff!

wanderer
SPY/SPX are almost surely gonna fill the gap from yesterday. They're close enough not to.

**Edit: Only took 2 min after posting for that to happen
Spoony Love
AG
If that is gap fill and we bounce to an intraday MT, that would be 371.5ish. Premium on a tomorrow expiry 371C is 1.97, well within range of today's high. I'm not trading but it wouldn't surprise me to see us run back up today or tomorrow.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
I bought a couple 373c for 1.15 when we filled the gap, then sold 374c against them for 1.14 on the bounce (tried to get 1.16 to be free+ but got paper hands). I love this game!
Bob Knights Paper Hands
I've got a few SPY 370P net free now for next Wednesday. None of my SPX put spreads executed, so I've closed those buy orders down. I won't make a ton on this, but at least I can't lose anything today. I've made up for my SQQQ losses yesterday.
bmoochie
AG
Texas Tea said:

storey979 said:

Anyone know anything about Tellurian? Is it a dead duck now without the Driftwood LNG?

That's a tough one. They have their permitting which has value but how much? The problem is/was the structuring of their downstream contracts. If they get those worked out, they should be okay. Someone in the industry told me last week that he wouldn't bet against Souki but he wouldn't necessarily bet on him either. Cheniere looked like they might crash and burn back in 2009(?) and they survived.

I will say this that Cameron LNG is one of my customers and drove by Driftwood to check it out a few months ago and construction was full swing with cranes everywhere. I couldn't driver close enough to get a great view but I would imagine funding will come from somewhere with already breaking ground and starting. Just my speculation though
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Was this algos and bulls about to win the day back?
Spoony Love
AG
up 25% ish
irish pete ag06
AG
Well ***** I missed all the fun this morning. I spent it passing the Series 7.

Lots of options questions. I have this thread to thank for probably getting all of those right.

One more test and I'm slinging products.
Spoony Love
AG
Congrats. That's one step further
Texas Tea
AG
bmoochie said:

Texas Tea said:

storey979 said:

I will say this that Cameron LNG is one of my customers and drove by Driftwood to check it out a few months ago and construction was full swing with cranes everywhere. I couldn't driver close enough to get a great view but I would imagine funding will come from somewhere with already breaking ground and starting. Just my speculation though
I agree and good points. My main concern is that with all of their issues, can their current $1.5 billion valuation be justified? If they don't get funding, someone will pick up the pieces but how much are they willing to pay?

It might be worth a small gamble. I've certainly made dumber investments.
bmoochie
AG
Texas Tea said:

bmoochie said:

Texas Tea said:

storey979 said:

I agree and good points. My main concern is that with all of their issues, can their current $1.5 billion valuation be justified? If they don't get funding, someone will pick up the pieces but how much are they willing to pay?

It might be worth a small gamble. I've certainly made dumber investments.
Agree here, definitely worth it. I was on this when it was well below $1 and then it popped. Sold then bought back in. Since have lost my shares due to CC trying to lower basis but I very much plan to work my way back into shares selling puts. Personally I like it due to Souki being involved and as stated, one of the Cheniere Founders. I am curious on Cheniere on how this Europe situation will affect them. My buddy said that was my homework and I have slacked in that department. He probably will read this later and scold me on my failures haha.
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
I got a buddy that thinks XOM should buy CQP....and may. Any thoughts on that speculation?
irish pete ag06
AG
Thanks!
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Spoony Love said:

If that is gap fill and we bounce to an intraday MT, that would be 371.5ish. Premium on a tomorrow expiry 371C is 1.97, well within range of today's high. I'm not trading but it wouldn't surprise me to see us run back up today or tomorrow.

Almost there, seems like a safe place to grab a put or two
topher06
Yeah I'm loading a few for next Friday, not a huge amount but the run up seems overextended right now.

EDIT: Will be quick to dump if it looks like we will be running, just going for a single here for a small insurance play against all my longs.
wanderer
kissed intraday MT and immediately pulled back
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Bought a 370p for 216, pulled back right on cue and sold 369p against it for 205
First Page Last Page
Page 5768 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.