Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,984,182 Views | 231561 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Heineken-Ashi
Chef Elko
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone getting back into or adding more LADR? Or is it too risky for their CRE portfolio and lending services with rates moving so high? Haven't looked at their financials in 1+ years but circled back to REITs and property owners that have cash flowing assets were most likely refinanced at extremely low rates the past few years.
Chef Elko
AG
Ranger222 said:

see you boys at 339x, maybe an overshoot to 321x

I think its almost a given now we will roundtrip to November '20 COVID vaccine news levels

*Torbush "WOW" gif*
JDTxAg98
AG
BaylorSpineGuy said:

I had weak hands today and cut for a loss this morning on the AM rally. Would've had a really nice day if I had held.

Oh well….
Oh man...me too. I had 10 $360 SPY puts that took out my stop loss. Only went 10x by end of day.
BaylorSpineGuy
Reading on Unusual Whales that Fed has organized emergency meeting on Monday at 11:30?

Maybe that prompted the late day sell off? They sure what that PCE number going high and not tailing off.
HoustonAg2014
AG
Danwell Home said:

Ranger222 said:

see you boys at 339x, maybe an overshoot to 321x

I think its almost a given now we will roundtrip to November '20 COVID vaccine news levels

*Torbush "WOW" gif*

Yeah I'm seeing Oct 2020 levels
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Aren't you in Vegas? You need me to fly over and show you how it's done? Because you're doing it wrong!
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
You know who else is probably miffed? Hairy. Dude saw some indicator to go puts early, took profits on them and flipped to calls, went negative then when he was even 5x'd his position which i assume he rode to 0
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Before you guys freak out. This is weekly ATR

Golf1
AG

AW 1880
AG
Any thoughts on XLU?
Philip J Fry
AG
So what you're saying is that we have more room to fall.
ProgN
BaylorSpineGuy said:

Reading on Unusual Whales that Fed has organized emergency meeting on Monday at 11:30?

Maybe that prompted the late day sell off? They sure what that PCE number going high and not tailing off.
If I had to bet, it's a meeting to tone down their hawkish comments during interviews. The last 6 weeks have been brutal for market vets but it's now the topic of conversations during dinner on main street America. People are scared and hurting and now you're hearing commentators asking if the fed has been too aggressive. JMO, we shall see what they say but I doubt it's to pile on the negative sentiment.
SoTXAg09
AG
Philip J Fry said:

So what you're saying is that we have more room to fall.

So I shouldn't sell any 300 or 330 SPY puts yet…
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Maybe to announce hyper QE and the Fed directly purchasing ETFs and other equities to boost the markets back to ATH before the elections?
BlueTaze
BaylorSpineGuy said:

Tom Lee is blindly bullish. Dude has been beaten in the ring for 11 rounds and is convinced he's gonna win in the final rounds.

Astonished.

No capitulation yet!

He keeps pushing back his forecast. His TA guy Mark Newton called a rough Sept and rally in Oct.

BaylorSpineGuy
I actually suspect the opposite. What trust would anyone have in them if they were to do such a thing? People are already skeptical for the transitory nonsense last year anyhow.

If they change tune here, I'm not sure it's any more bullish, and it doesn't change the recession train bearing down the tracks. Don't fight the Fed has been the mantra all along, and now they are increasing QT.

I would be shocked for an unwinding here. Sadly, I can't trade it. Operating all day Monday.

And yes, I'm enjoying Vegas but been in meetings all day. Have super nice dinner at Del Monico's tonight and some gambling to ensue.

Enjoy your weekends and trade carefully!!
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
What I'm telling you is it can fall further but probably not that much more. I posted earlier I thought 2750 was absolute lowest and I think more like 3200 will be the end.

We probably bounce next week, but if we sell directly from here it has a higher probability of bouncing back.

Remember market is forward pricing. It's already priced in some degree of inflation and world politics.

I think there is a time element as well. I want to be a buyer 6 months from now no matter where we are trading.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
The fed will also buy SPY and QQQ if they must.
Ag CPA
AG
Don't know why CNBC keeps bringing Tom on, his outlook is starting to get absurd given where the market is. Every other Pollyanna they run out there has basically folded at this point.
lobwedgephil
BaylorSpineGuy said:

This is Fintwit freaking retail out. There is no emergency meeting, and meeting Monday is routine, they have them every few weeks. Scare tactic, they did it in January, June, and again.

All meetings same, hundreds of them.

https://www.federalreserve.gov/aboutthefed/boardmeetings/meetingdates.htm
ProgN
I'm not saying they're reversing course or unwinding, I'm say I bet they tone down their rhetoric. They can still be focused on inflation and continue to raise rates, but their Volcker like interviews is what's scaring the markets even more. Neither you or I know, so we'll find out together. Say this this is for Prog on one roll of the dice at the craps table for me doc.
Philip J Fry
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

What I'm telling you is it can fall further but probably not that much more. I posted earlier I thought 2750 was absolute lowest and I think more like 3200 will be the end.

We probably bounce next week, but if we sell directly from here it has a higher probability of bouncing back.

Remember market is forward pricing. It's already priced in some degree of inflation and world politics.

I think there is a time element as well. I want to be a buyer 6 months from now no matter where we are trading.

Yes, I have diamond hands until the bounce. Then I'm back to cash until we hit the bottom.
jamey
AG
So yall are thinking it may or may not bounce or rally near term from here but either way we got further downside from the current s&p 3585
Gabster43213
Its interesting to watch the financial guru guests on TV. Almost all say that we are "headed" for a recession but none of them want to say when we are entering it. One former Fed president said today that they predicted we would be in a recession for several years.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Couple things for the n00bs.

1) It's always a bull market in something
2) TV guests don't know anything
3) If you are trading, all you have to do is react. The market gives signals. Listen to them.

You can even be a long only trader. Just wait until it's time. Also, know your time horizon. If you're a 10 year from now person, just put your money in SPY and forget your password.
Philip J Fry
AG
Looks like we are in no man's land right now.
Gabster43213
What about if your time horizon is 5 years?
Philip J Fry
AG
Food for thought…

If you bought at the top of the market in 2002, it would have taken you 13 years to break even.
Whirligigs
If you have cash - there will be fantastic discounts akin to March 2020 - probably even deeper.
FJ43

Bought June 23 15c on this one. Posted it a while back and ended up entering those. Please excuse all my lines. They are alert levels for me.

Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

FJ43
Posted this one last week. I bought and sold calls on this one. Broke out of the flag yesterday. Keep and eye for continuation.

Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

Bob Knights Paper Hands
That's a nice round bottom.
FJ43
Bob Knights Liver said:

That's a nice round bottom.

Sure is pretty

Bob Knights Paper Hands
If you enter VALE calls are you out of the underlying hits $11? Get below that $11.16 low and that's an ugly M that could take it down to $10 or lower. It does look like a breakout candidate either way, IMO.
FJ43
Bob Knights Liver said:

If you enter VALE calls are you out of the underlying hits $11? Get below that $11.16 low and that's an ugly M that could take it down to $10 or lower. It does look like a breakout candidate either way, IMO.

Yes. That's a weekly chart playing inverse H&S.

First Page Last Page
Page 5731 of 6617

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.