Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,994,642 Views | 231575 Replies | Last: 3 min ago by nortex97
topher06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
$30,000 Millionaire said:

Tried to tell you guys
Yep, I was already biased towards it but you and FJ caused me to hold those puts as protection overnight. Worked out well, even though I'm still down for the day it isn't as bad as it could have been. Thanks.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Was OOP Friday and Monday. Looks like we're right back to Thursday close. Didn't even have to update my spreadsheet...
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Crwd has respected 186 a LOT over the last 3 months. I bought 190s for next fri
wanderer
Closed my spy puts that I bought yesterday. Makes today sting a bit less.

4/14 405P
$1.50 > $5.00
Chef Elko
AG
Just go to 3600 so I can invest my cash and move on with my life
irish pete ag06
AG
Yes... Let me hear about Redler's blood in the street money being deployed.
topher06
irish pete ag06 said:

Yes... Let me hear about Redler's blood in the street money being deployed.

Yeah, even though I'm down today, making money on the hedge puts makes me feel like I just bet the don't pass line in vegas. I'm going to go shower again.
irish pete ag06
AG
4000 is being defended on SPX... really interested to see what happens on the next 5 minute candle close.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Probably close to the end of selling for now but doesn't mean it will go up either
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
FJ43
FJ43 said:

I'll sell the 400P I've been riding at open and trail the 410s with tight trail.

Looking at 400, 397/8…..hopefully

Out all puts. Sold the 410p at $12 from 4.80s.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

Bob Knights Paper Hands
TSLA is above it's opening price and fighting to stay above 200-sma. It's hard for me to trade much with that conflicting with both SPX and QQQ below opening prices. One of those should reconcile, but I'm not sure which. We could trade sideways from here all day or go in either direction.

In the smallcraps category, SAVA is holding just above it's 200ema and has continued to have some nice green candle volume. I still don't think this one goes anywhere good without good results on PH3, but it has continued to look like someone expects something soon.
irish pete ag06
AG
She gone
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Bob Knights Liver said:

TSLA is above it's opening price and fighting to stay above 200-sma. It's hard for me to trade much with that conflicting with both SPX and QQQ below opening prices. One of those should reconcile, but I'm not sure which. We could trade sideways from here all day or go in either direction.

Thank you to the markets for answering my questions so quickly.
BaylorSpineGuy
Anyone reconsidering the GOLD trade? Wondering if GOLD is gonna push lower? If they keep raising rates > strong dollar > weaker gold?

Jet Black
Do we think we are looking at a couple of days of this?
Ragoo
AG
Bob Knights Liver said:

In the smallcraps category, SAVA is holding just above it's 200ema and has continued to have some nice green candle volume. I still don't think this one goes anywhere good without good results on PH3, but it has continued to look like someone expects something soon.
+$685 today swinging TSLA 295c
BaylorSpineGuy
EW people may believe this is the beginning of the next impulsive leg lower.
FJ43
If we get a bounce it will be 397/8 imo on SPY. Wouldn't go long other than a scalp and be a killer on execution.

Just my 2 cents.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

SF2004
AG
The numbers where colossally bad this morning given that energy prices are down.

Energy is about to get crunched into the winter and it will get bad.

Not sure how this doesn't test the previous lows.

Straight low volume algo pump into bad CPI numbers.
BaylorSpineGuy
No capitulation here. Hedge funds were loaded to the teeth this week with puts. Structurally weak time of year for market. This is an impulsive move. Reminiscent of June.
Brewmaster
AG
FJ43 said:

If we get a bounce it will be 397/8 imo on SPY. Wouldn't go long other than a scalp and be a killer on execution.

Just my 2 cents.
feels like at least 3960 today, just going to be a slow slog down to it.

bottom of the 4hr BB is 388, Wow!

Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Don't be surprised to see gold fall out of step with gld. The miners are manipulated worse than the etfs
irish pete ag06
AG
BREwmaster said:

FJ43 said:

Just my 2 cents.
feels like at least 3960 today, just going to be a slow slog down to it.

bottom of the 4hr BB is 388, Wow!

Lower BB would trigger a limit down right?
Chef Elko
AG
Looking at the CPI Percent Changes data for August, you had Energy Commodities, Gasoline (all types), and Fuel Oil fall 10.1, 10.6 and 5.9, respectively. The ONLY other item to decrease of the 16 I see on the list was Used Cars and Trucks with a measly 0.1 decrease. Even with the massive energy CPI decreases it's still a complete dumpster fire. See below link for CPI month-over-month data.

https://www.bls.gov/news.release/cpi.nr0.htm
BlueTaze
FJ43 said:

Just my 2 cents.

Sold out of puts down here, bought Sept 16 401calls at 2.50...at 2.30 now
Brewmaster
AG
yeah it could get ugly. I just mean on previous downtrends on the 4hr, we could still have a ways to fall. They can stretch that out over a couple days though and possibly bounce it here for a bit.
topher06
DISCLAIMER THAT I AM JUST GUESSING, but kind of think it will bounce a bit here. This seems to be an overreaction the other direction.
SF2004
AG
Careful of hopium.

Market doesn't go straight down so we can have some technical bounces but tings are not good.
oragator
I think we have a minimum of 10 percent downside to get through before we bottom.
irish pete ag06
AG
Bull trap to 4000 seems to obvious...

Then elevator down again.
FJ43

Careful gents. No volume picking this up….yet…can go either way. VIX still above 25.

Room to 392/3 which is trendline if this will stop here.

Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
Yep. I think the rest of the week is red, JMO.
irish pete ag06
AG
FJ43
Loses todays low Id cut it. Just me.

Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
I agree with that tweet.
First Page Last Page
Page 5685 of 6617

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.