Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,004,952 Views | 231614 Replies | Last: 10 min ago by El_duderino
FJ43
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Mornun!

Early futures over the chart I posted a few days ago. Playing out as drawn. I would expect a bounce in here at these next two lower level areas. But for me a trade only. Could also push through. Today, tomorrow, dunno.....

I'll try time permitting and assuming my trade plan triggers to take a lotto.

Trade wisely!
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

Golf1
AG
FJ are you trading today? You said yesterday you're a redneck so I figured you would be in a field with opening day of dove season starting today!
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Philip J Fry said:

Out of curiosity, what makes you say that about MARA?
Double bottom.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
Dan Scott
AG
This is why Pelosi sold out of NVDA for a big loss about a month ago before her trip to Taiwan. I thought that sell was off but now it makes sense.
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
Dan Scott said:

This is why Pelosi sold out of NVDA for a big loss about a month ago before her trip to Taiwan. I thought that sell was off but now it makes sense.
Wallstreets best trade - strikes again...
ProgN
Dan Scott said:

I forgot about that but yeah, it makes more sense now.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Probably no trading for me until I watch the full IB. This sell
Leg will end, probably soon.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
10-yr just jumped over the high from June.
Philip J Fry
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

Philip J Fry said:

Out of curiosity, what makes you say that about MARA?
Double bottom.

I must be blind. Bottom at 5?
Saltyag15
AG
Welp...guess I'm an NVDA bag holder. Didn't think I'd ever say those words for a company like that. The bad news just keeps rolling in for them. Had opportunities to get out of my shares, but never did. We're in for the long haul now baby!
Brewmaster
AG
yeah MARA looks like a bear pennant on the hourly going back to Aug. 25th. I could certainly be wrong though

59 South
AG
Flash on 3900 should be imminent - better than a slow bleed. Would be a good spot for long entry with tight leash. Next level down is 3850 which used to be a key level.
Philip J Fry
AG
Is this roughly what everyone has with their charting?
irish pete ag06
AG
Yes. I plan to ride SQQQ and TQQQ up and down the channel. Also using the system on SPX to identify potential selling opportunities.
BourbonAg
AG
I am probably done for today. This week I have been focusing on reading the charts and using Mancini's levels to do one high-probability trade using one SPY contract, targeting a 5-10% return. So far I am 4 for 4 (one per day). Today I bought the SPY 2 Sep 22 393 contract when /ES dipped below 3920 and recaptured it and then sold it when ES hit 3925.

I know, Dear Diary, but it feels good being able to see my trading progressing after several months.
irish pete ag06
AG
Great job dude!

Yes, Mancini is a part of my system too.

I subscribed to his news letter.

So essentially, my grand plan is to use.

Brian Jones "The System" for buy and sell ideas (bearish or bullish bias)
Manicini's levels
Downward megaphone a lot of us have drawn

And essentially use all of these to take less trades... and only play options on a longer timeframe.
BlueTaze
I was in a hurry few months back and signed up for annual sub on Mancinis newsletter without calculating diff in paying monthly. I just assumed like everywhere else longer term sub cheaper. It wasn't, and he emailed me to let me know, then refunded me to sub monthly.
irish pete ag06
AG
That's awesome.
irish pete ag06
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

BlitzBrother said:

Sold 40% stocks late Thursday , hedged 100% of remainder - Basically looking out until midterms , think 3,950 in the cards as a minimum on S&P500 .
This is basically exactly what I did. I started a tad too early. I started 6-7 trading days ago. I also began entering SQQQ layering in over the previous 2 weeks. Maybe the biggest position I've ever had. Playing for the model T and for it to fall back into previous consolidation zones that roughly equate too 300-310 QQQ.

So on the SQQQ chart, I am targetting 47-50. Today allowed me to move my stop to break even after averaging in.

Before folks lose their crap about longing SQQQ and TQQQ, I am not keeping this forever. It's a swing trade. Not hodl'ing this.

I also bought $30 VIX calls for 21 Sep. I got into these too early as well. Downward moves (upward moves on VIX) happen so dang fast, I didn't want to miss it. These basically got back to breakeven today since I was too early. I still see more volatility upside, so I am holding, but plan to trim soon. Potentially tomorrow.
Target 1 on SQQQ has been achieved. I've had a limit sell of 48 set for a long time, but I took it off today because I am at my new job, where I watch the markets all day as a part of my job. I plan to set a trailing stop order sometime today.

I've learned a tough lesson on the VIX calls. I am just now back to break even. I went too far OTM on these. I would have been much better served buying less contracts for a much strike price. I still have plenty of time, so I'm planning to hold these because I still believe we'll crack 30 before a short term rally ensues.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Philip J Fry said:

Is this roughly what everyone has with their charting?

That 390ish level looks pretty huge to me on the hourly and daily charts
Golf1
AG
SPY needs to keep following this downward channel for me
Golf1
AG
Ended up getting out just under the 391 range for a profit
topher06
$30,000 Millionaire said:

Probably no trading for me until I watch the full IB. This sell
Leg will end, probably soon.
Hopefully, last couple weeks have been brutal.
Lake08
Dan Scott said:

I thought the story behind NVDA was Pelosi had a bunch of options which he exercised. I didn't think he sold anything. Could be wrong, tho
Lake08
Just bought some AMD and AMZN calls. Has to be a little uptick at some point
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
GOOGL sub $100,....anyone?
FJ43
What's the trade gents. Seems to be following the trade plan. Spy currently from chart posted.

Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

UpstateAg
AG
Net free next weeks TSLA 250p. We close under 50dma and it's night night.
UpstateAg
AG
But why? Under 50 day. Bearish signal.
Ccutamu
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

Farmer,

Since you popped in, what is your prognosis for XOM? It bounced off a trend line this morning so I bought back the Oct 105 calls for a nice 65% gain since Monday. Do you think it trends back upward to $100 before dividend pay date with oil taking a dive this week?
Brewmaster
AG
you are thinking try a long here soon as a lotto, am i right?

intraday we are still in a downtrend, still below a trend line I have drawn. Volume declining though and looks like higher lows.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG

Getting close to my $106 limit.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Gross day. Glad I slept in.
FJ43
BREwmaster said:

you are thinking try a long here soon as a lotto, am i right?

intraday we are still in a downtrend, still below a trend line I have drawn. Volume declining though and looks like higher lows.

Missed the entry long but if I was watching I'd of bought lottos at my trendline touch. Still a possibility. I think we may get a bounce but it's still bearish trend.

Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
Ccutamu said:

Farmer,

Since you popped in, what is your prognosis for XOM? It bounced off a trend line this morning so I bought back the Oct 105 calls for a nice 65% gain since Monday. Do you think it trends back upward to $100 before dividend pay date with oil taking a dive this week?
Yes, I'm expecting a move back to ~$100 by 9/9. XOM once held a tight price relationship to WTI, but appears that relationship is clearly broken for all the reasons I've been citing. XOM with their share buyback and the DRIP I see strong support at Div Payout. After Div payout 9/9 to the end of Oct, XOM could dump, beware. Once earnings are announced the last week of Oct and SPR releases halt the end of Oct, should be a wild ride up. If the economy tanks, energy sector (to some degree) will fair better than the rest. OPEC+ meets Sep 5th. Saudi is not happy right now. G7 is meeting on Friday to discuss Russian Oil Price Caps.......what a laugher........just think about it this way.....A European speaking here,......."We hate you. We're going to enact sanctions we hope will destroy your economy. We're going to send weapons to kill your soldiers. But you have to sell us your gas and at the price we want to pay." ...... If there's a more funny joke, I'm listening..
First Page Last Page
Page 5667 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.