Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,010,705 Views | 231614 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by El_duderino
M4 Benelli
How long do you want to ignore this user?
A couple Heinekens might take her up to a poor man's Vicki Lawrence. As Joey Gallo would say, "i'm not hitting that."

OT: Anybody eyeballing SPWH, (Sportsman's Warehouse?)
Earnings tomorrow, just hit 52 wk low today, RSI of 27, EPS of 3.65, down 7% on the day. News on this company is sparse as hell outside of a failed merger back in December with Bass Pro Shops.
South Platte
M4 Benelli said:

As Joey Gallo would say, "i'm not hitting that."

Salty!!
Red Red Wine
AG
You guys are terrible and should feel terrible.

Now all of you need to apologize to her father:

Red Red Wine
AG
irish pete ag06
AG
Lookin like a clone gone wrong using David Bowie and Catherine O'Hara's DNA
Brewmaster
AG
what the hell happened here, we went opposite of rally girl. Yikes!
Golf1
AG
Thought I'd check the texags chatter over 3970 getting tested again and all I'm seeing is slump buster talk. I guess I'll go back to Reddit for all my questions regarding the stock market..
Triple_Bagger
BREwmaster said:

what the hell happened here, we went opposite of rally girl. Yikes!
These are the gifs of a bear market
LMCane
M4 Benelli said:

Spoony Love said:

Is the thought on shipping companies that basically they have run out of luck or will soon?

Several have posted revenue increases from the prior year due to increased freight, but with it came increased expenses as well. I'm thinking it's a function of looking ahead to a slow down in manufacturing and not shipping as much product. Curious to hear what everyone's thoughts are.

I've done a little research on ZIM and SB. ZIM seems poised to bring on healthy revenue and they reaffirmed their FY22 guidance last earnings report of increased profit from FY21. They just closed a deal with Shell to store LNG and the stock. It's at a 52 week low. Sounds like an opportunity to get in near a bottom soon.

Wouldnt touch ZIM unless it scrapes the bottom of the bourbon barrel. They dont hold many assets, are skewed towards spot prices, and possess very little in way of lengthy charter agreements. They have a ton of cash on hand, and the fat divies will still be in store through 2023. I wanted to see some buybacks so it could hit fair value, but theyre reticient to do so since they jusy IPO'd not too long ago. Sold off my position last week.

If you want an undervalued shipping play that has a ton of upside buy GSL. This is the company that companies such as ZIM rent their ships from. 8% divy as of writing, clearing out their debt, and they just announced a huge multi year charter agreement with Hapag-Lloyd. These charter agreements are about half of their current market cap. Sail on pirate.

great discussion

I actually have bought up 20 shares of ZIM over the last several months

but also because I work for an Israeli company
irish pete ag06
AG
South Platte
Golf1 said:

Thought I'd check the texags chatter over 3970 getting tested again and all I'm seeing is slump buster talk. I guess I'll go back to Reddit for all my questions regarding the stock market..
ProgN
Heineken-Ashi said:

A couple Heinekens and she's a slump buster prospect.
Damn, ugly ***** might have really been a slump buster.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Heineken-Ashi said:

I come for the stock talk and stay for this.
Brewmaster
AG
4B sell side MOC, holy moly -- tied to month end though possibly?
irish pete ag06
AG
Slump buster?

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
This week sucks. Either dump or rally already. **** or get off the pot.
Brewmaster
AG
FJ43 said:

What does this chart tell you besides it's a traders market?

TTT (credit to FJ)... not exactlly sure of the bounce spot but we might be close.
Brewmaster
AG
let's get a rally going... Alica Schmidt, German track star (400m).

ProgN
I'm on the road so I can't look but why are NVDA and AMD selling off AH?
Txducker
AG
BREwmaster said:

FJ43 said:

What does this chart tell you besides it's a traders market?

TTT (credit to FJ)... not exactlly sure of the bounce spot but we might be close.
QQQ is at the red trend line today on the weekly chart. If looking at the daily chart, It closed below (bear win). Yesterday it went below the trend but closed above it. Lots of pain if this level does not hold. Sideways movement will also get the market below that line, so the bulls have to get this moving upwards to win.
Saltyag15
AG
From a little summary I just read, some kind of new licensing requirements that are going slow production even further.
ProgN
Thanks

Government ****ing **** up again
Golf1
AG
Now that there's news about it I'm hesitant to get in but didn't NVDA have earnings recently and drop after hours and then was up like 3 percent the next day?
ProgN
Golf1 said:

Now that there's news about it I'm hesitant to get in but didn't NVDA have earnings recently and drop after hours and then was up like 3 percent the next day?
Yeah, I like it at these prices but government threw up some costly headwinds this afternoon

Quote:

Nvidia Warns of Sales Hit from New U.S. Chip Licensing Requirements For China -- WSJ
6:14 pm ET August 31, 2022 (Dow Jones) Print
By Asa Fitch

Nvidia Corp. could lose as much as $400 million in quarterly sales after the U.S. imposed new licensing requirements on shipments of some of its most advanced chips to China, the chip maker said Wednesday. Nvidia, the U.S.'s largest chip maker by market value, said in a regulatory filing that it was notified on Friday that it would be required to get a license from the U.S. government before shipping certain cutting-edge chips to China and Russia. The company doesn't sell chips to Russia, it said, but the restriction on China could impact its outlook of about $5.9 billion of sales in the current quarter. The company was in talks with Chinese customers to fulfill planned purchases with other products and may seek licenses from the government if the replacements weren't sufficient, it said. The new licensing requirements come at a difficult time for chip makers. Demand for personal computers, videogames, and smartphones, among other gadgets, has slowed with soaring inflation and a worsening economic outlook. pressuring people's ability to spend. Nvidia this month said it made revenue of $6.7 billion for the quarter ended July 31, some 17% below the $8.1 billion it had forecast in May, amid a 33% drop in gaming revenue to $2.04 billion. Intel Corp. last month reported a surprise quarterly loss and cut its full-year outlook, reflecting a slump in personal-computer purchases and product delays. (END) Dow Jones Newswires August 31, 2022 18:14 ET (22:14 GMT)
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
NVDA looking kinda attractive at 143...
Bob Knights Paper Hands
BREwmaster said:

let's get a rally going... Alica Schmidt, German track star (400m).

Oh das ist sehr schön!
FJ43
pumpjack2 said:

DNN has been the gift that keeps on giving for me personally. Went net free on the run up to 2.00+ back in November, and have been selling calls on all remaining shares each spike since. It's been a solid source of income for my account.

At the moment I'm sitting on my hands with it unless it comes back to the 1.00 - 1.05 range for some continued buys.
Congrats on managing this one. There are a half dozen like this. Not for everything new though. Requires patience and execution.

Mrs FJ likes DNN
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

FJ43
Golf1 said:

Me buying SPY calls tells me we are going to finish red today.
What did you see to take this trade?
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

FJ43
ProgN said:

Heineken-Ashi said:

GTFO bro. She's hideous!
POTD. Prog you make me laugh non stop.

Please stay out of banned camp.

FJ43
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

Heineken-Ashi said:

You got any standards?
Ok Prog I take it back.

Farmer wins POTD

FJ43
BREwmaster said:

4B sell side MOC, holy moly -- tied to month end though possibly?
Wait until September. Quad witch.

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Since Bob Knight wouldn't buy me Hutchins I had to take matters into my own hands today.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
AgEng06
AG
Mmm, those burnt ends.
BaylorSpineGuy
Futures in a nosedive early. If no support in 3920 range, we could find ourselves with a major gap down in the morning.
FJ43
$30,000 Millionaire said:

Since Bob Knight wouldn't buy me Hutchins I had to take matters into my own hands today.

Im going to do 2 things. Buy cattle and start a BBQ restaurant.

Might be easier.

First Page Last Page
Page 5665 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.