Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,988,081 Views | 231573 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Swollen Thumb
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Oh I get the model T. I don't get what he means though since he says he doesn't trust fib and calculates other numbers.
GreasenUSA
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Oh I get the model T. I don't get what he means though since he says he doesn't trust fib and calculates other numbers.

I could be wrong, but most charting software autocalculates and draws the Fibonacci levels for you. He is saying he is more comfortable calculating the 50% level on his own. That's how I prefer to do it, at least.
FJ43

Mornun!

US red
EU red
Asia mixed but mostly red

VIX over 27 early

Careful for traps if trading weeklies. More so 0DTEs. If you missed hedging or shorts before Friday just my 2 cents but sit on hands and wait for bounce.

My trading is currently fewer trades normal size and taking profits. Lottos are just that. Lottos. Small % of gains. I'm not looking for home runs although they can happen in volatility.

Trade wisely!
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
FJ43 said:

Mornun!

US red
EU red

VIX over 27 early

Careful for traps if trading weeklies. More so 0DTEs. If you missed hedging or shorts before Friday just my 2 cents but sit on hands and wait for bounce.

My trading is currently fewer trades normal size and taking profits. Lottos are just that. Lottos. Small % of gains. I'm not looking for home runs although they can happen in volatility.

Trade wisely!

Where's my gif that used to come with these?!
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
I've sold my $420 puts last week as they expired on the 31st and I was up over 100% so I took profit after going net free.

Am sitting on my hands. Maybe look into $390s but idk.
moses1084ever
AG
Polling the crowd…. In an expected bearish scenario? Would you rather trade vix calls or spy puts? I've dabbled in vix options and futures before, the options have some interesting quirks given the mean reverting nature of the vix.
ProgN
moses1084ever said:

Polling the crowd…. In an expected bearish scenario? Would you rather trade vix calls or spy puts? I've dabbled in vix options and futures before, the options have some interesting quirks given the mean reverting nature of the vix.

Although I'd recommend against trading options unless you're very experienced and able to actively monitor it, I'd buy VIX puts into the initial downdraft at the open because I have a sneaky suspicion that we might get red to Green Day.
BaylorSpineGuy

I mentioned last week that LNG looked like it was set to reverse. This may be a good put/short candidate.
wanderer
Thought it was interesting that AMPY made deltaone's feed this morning.
FJ43
Red Pear BCS Luke said:

FJ43 said:

Mornun!

US red
EU red

VIX over 27 early

Trade wisely!

I've yet to figure out how to get a gif to post consistently from my cell while driving. I'm old.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

sts7049
AG
BaylorSpineGuy
The 3980 range is not coincidentally the 50 SMA area. I suspect we bounce at that area. Won't be able to trade today tho.
FJ43
moses1084ever said:

What Prog said.

Nows not the time to buy either. I trade both and use both. VIX calls usually further out past volatility trends buying towards lows. I bought VIX calls adding to when it was below 20. Will exit most all with trailing stop on balance with open. Those are over double.

SPY puts I trade same as calls. Level to level on weekly options and further out based on overall macro trends. I do use VIX movement when scalping SPY intraday.

Over simplification but my 2 cents. Different instruments and act differently.

Bob Knights Paper Hands
moses1084ever said:

Keep in mind that Wednesday morning (I believe but haven't looked to confirm) is Vixperation, when this week's VIX calls will expire. With such a large downward move to close the week, I'd expect something green on Tuesday at least is likely to crush VIX call premiums. So for VIX calls I'd probably SOH and wait for a green day or a few green hours to see if you can buy at a better spot later today or tomorrow. Sometimes VIX call spreads can work when volatility jacks premium on all strikes.

Either way if you are getting in this morning on the short side of the market I'd be prepared for it to only be a quick scalp and be ready to sell quickly if it goes against me.

Just my thoughts - not investment advice lol.
Spoony Love
AG
I'm looking at 390s as well but I'm waiting to see the initial move. I agree with many who are warning of a push to green today. It wouldn't surprise me to see us back in the 408-414 box today at some point.
ProgN
FJ43 said:

Red Pear BCS Luke said:

FJ43 said:

Mornun!

US red
EU red

VIX over 27 early

Trade wisely!

I've yet to figure out how to get a gif to post consistently from my cell while driving. I'm old.
UpstateAg
AG
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
Bob Knights Liver said:

moses1084ever said:

Keep in mind that Wednesday morning (I believe but haven't looked to confirm) is Vixperation, when this week's VIX calls will expire. With such a large downward move to close the week, I'd expect something green on Tuesday at least is likely to crush VIX call premiums. So for VIX calls I'd probably SOH and wait for a green day or a few green hours to see if you can buy at a better spot later today or tomorrow. Sometimes VIX call spreads can work when volatility jacks premium on all strikes.

Either way if you are getting in this morning on the short side of the market I'd be prepared for it to only be a quick scalp and be ready to sell quickly if it goes against me.

Just my thoughts - not investment advice lol.

Also piggy backing off this - End of Month usually brings rebalancing and reallocating from large portfolios.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
I considered inverting my AMZN put spreads by selling to close the upper leg, but then keeping the (short) $122 lower leg instead of buying to close it, and buying the $120 puts. I could do that with a multi-leg trade and collect another $0.30+ per contract in premium and end up with a (short) put credit spread that I'd close out if/when we bounce.

But I think I'm going to just let these close as they hit my sales targets.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Everyone seems to think 390 is inevitable today, but as of this moment, that 4020 level is holding
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
FJ43

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Hierarchy of stress:

- Index share traders
- e-mini
- Russell
- Nasdaq
- Crude
- Volatility
- Nat gas
- Forex
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Sitting on hands for first 30 today.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
AMZN is well in the gap, below my support line of $130.50 back from the April gap, and below the 50-ema at $129.58. The market never moves in a straight line, but I think this gap to $122.84 finally gets filled.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
AMZN first move out of the gates is green. We tagged above 70 on the 1-min RSI.

sts7049
AG
bounced twice off of 4040 resistance already today, let's see what the reaction will be
SF2004
AG
I think we have a date with the gap at 380 on SPY.

Thoughts?
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Look at 5-min BB for SPX and QQQ and even big tech like AAPL and TSLA - all getting back into the lower end of the range. Now look at AMZN - sitting at the upper end of the range. I think this is positioning or premium killing before AMZN closes the gap, but it could be bulls defending it to help prop the rest of the market.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
We need a photoshop of that Animal House scene, but where bears are asking "Can we dance with your dates?"
sts7049
AG
SF2004 said:

I think we have a date with the gap at 380 on SPY.

Thoughts?
at the moment we haven't lost 4000, so, not yet.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Harry wang aggressively buying puts.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
My first buy for QQQ triggered this morning. (Long term.) Went in at 304.50.

Just slowly rotating back into it since I sold all that to fund my TQQQ trading.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Premiums far too high to play options right now 0 DTE
Spoony Love
AG
Makes me think it will be a premium eating day then. Could we really just trade sideways?
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

XOM busted $97. Set your cruise control to $100.
First Page Last Page
Page 5657 of 6617

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.