Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,992,478 Views | 231574 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by EliteZags
oldarmy1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Triple_Bagger said:

Still confident we melt up to 4600? I'll let you out of the bet today for $50 if you want out. Offer ends today.
oldarmy1
AG
I didn't take any action with $SPY options. Only want those at trend extended top/bottoms or clear reversal technicals. We got nothing with this close.
oldarmy1
AG
I bought around 75% of original ASAN sells into that crazy run flash above $29. All day long as it moved below $19.80, I scooped up 3 decent buys joining clear support. I want my 50% covered call and 100% put protection strategy in place but took the overnight risk as looking for bounce back to its 50DMA $22.50 area.

I'd write $22.50 covered calls out to Oct and enter $22.50 Sept puts.

Bird Poo
AG
Triple_Bagger said:

Still confident we melt up to 4600? I'll let you out of the bet today for $50 if you want out. Offer ends today.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Triple_Bagger said:

Our Bro in Britland reading this

FJ43
Triple_Bagger said:

No! He needs to pay!
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

FJ43

Ok….ok TradingView……now you have my interest. IBKR added as connected brokers to trade directly from the TV apps and software. How well does it execute? Dunno…but I'm going to dig into this given how much I love TV for user friendly charting.

Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

FJ43
Futures and stocks. Not sure about options yet.

FJ43

Well I expected a single, likely double but didn't expect we'd slide into 3rd today. I think we slide into home at some point here (bottom of box - 407/8 range).

FWIW I took a small lotto (% of todays profits) long with Wed 415C this afternoon. Bounce play only and will take it off green if that happens. If not I don't buy scratch offs or lotto tickets but do buy lotto options plays.

FJ43

2 hours and no posts early into the evening on a market Monday. Are we licking wounds or celebrating the wins today?

GreasenUSA
AG
FJ43 said:

2 hours and no posts early into the evening on a market Monday. Are we licking wounds or celebrating the wins today?
Solid day here. Flat on ZM short. Winner on NVDA short. Winner on WWR scalp. Enjoying the first measurable rainfall in months in my part of Central Texas.
FJ43
GreasenUSA said:

FJ43 said:

Solid day here. Flat on ZM short. Winner on NVDA short. Winner on WWR scalp. Enjoying the first measurable rainfall in months in my part of Central Texas.
That's a win all the way around. Congrats. Especially the rainfall. It all adds up.....little by little.

Ragoo
AG
Sold tsla 930p
Bought TSLA 860p
$48 credit on a $22 risk

Expecting a continued bounce off of the $860 touch
BlitzBrother
Sold 40% stocks late Thursday , hedged 100% of remainder - Basically looking out until midterms , think 3,950 in the cards as a minimum on S&P500 .
M4 Benelli
Dan Scott said:

I'm getting hyped on APRN. 45% short. 33M shares outstanding with about 70% held by insiders that aren't selling. Largest shareholder added 8M shares at $5. This is low float.

Bought a 1000 shares last week and holding like an antsy offensive lineman. Traction has just began on this beaut. Deranged Lefty Social Activist Sanberg looking to scoop up every share, creating a floor at $5.

Blue Apron has much cash on hand as market cap, with 25m allocated for potential buybacks. Shorts going to be cleanging onto apron strings only to be cleaved by the hand of June. "Wally its time for dinner."

Still holding my ZIM shares. Going to be a game time decision whether I hold for divy or sell by week's end. Depends on the run. Company has a **** ton of cash, but didnt announce a buyback, and freight rates are dropping. This play is winding down unless some ripe catalysts hit.

Aside from that sitting on a ton of cash. May hop back in on FSLY if its that 52wk low. In Prog We Trust.

FJ43

Have about an hour and a bit. Any stocks charts we need to look at?

FJ43
Little guy most of us have traded.

DNN

I set some buys at .97 but didn't get filled. More a nickel lower. Missed earnings a few weeks back. For me RR is ok here. Loses .91 just get out. .77 probably comes. Buys in the buck to .92 range ok for me.

I sold all net free shares of this for profit and gladly paid my taxes. Looking to see if I can get a round 2 over time.

BaylorSpineGuy
SARK chart is interesting. It has rallied well after making a new lower low recently (last week early) and started an ascent that has rallied 5 straight.

If we are looking for direction, this may be helpful. Looks like a bearish abandoned baby pattern. So we may get a short relief rally in the QQQ/SPX in the next day or so. Not certain but possible.

I held one 415P and couldn't close it before my case ended today. So I'll close that tomorrow at the open.
FJ43

Hmmmm....interesting cup and handled out. Held on a crappy macro day. Will it make a move?

MOS

FJ43
BaylorSpineGuy said:

SARK chart is interesting. It has rallied well after making a new lower low recently (last week early) and started an ascent that has rallied 5 straight.

If we are looking for direction, this may be helpful. Looks like a bearish abandoned baby pattern. So we may get a short relief rally in the QQQ/SPX in the next day or so. Not certain but possible.

I held one 415P and couldn't close it before my case ended today. So I'll close that tomorrow at the open.
Has moved a bunch recently. Interesting where it ran into today. Right into resistance. Look left. Closed above 50EMA which is good. Has a little room ATR wise historically but it is running into traffic now.

Watch that convergence of downtrend line and 57 and change resistance.

BaylorSpineGuy
That's a good find. Looks like a RDR, no? (On MOS).
BaylorSpineGuy
Yes and looks like cup completion at top of that box too.
FJ43

Hey OA.....

Whatcha think about shooting stars at the moment?

FJ43
BaylorSpineGuy said:

That's a good find. Looks like a RDR, no? (On MOS).
Not technically. It opened below the prior low. RDR technically opens above, trades below and closes above.

I've slept at a Holiday Inn since then but if memory serves me correctly that is the price action required including a multi day downtrend prior. So close but not exactly.

BaylorSpineGuy
I thought it was two consecutive in the other direction and then a gap down open and close above previous day's high?

Either way, chart looks interesting.
FJ43
BaylorSpineGuy said:

I thought it was two consecutive in the other direction and then a gap down open and close above previous day's high?

Either way, chart looks interesting.

Don't think it's a gap down signal. Has more to do with trading below the prior low then reclaiming. Doesn't have to close above prior days high. After multiple down days in a row. This is bullish.

Bearish is the opposite. He has both a bullish and bearish RDR.

FJ43
Chart does look interesting. Especially on a weird macro day. Below 52.40 probably sees the 200 again (red EMA). It's handling out well above the cup though.

Brewmaster
AG
BaylorSpineGuy said:

also as Ragoo pointed out above, TSLA is near that 860 (huge support going back many months). It bounced here and pretty hard, great for a bounce play.

I sold my SARK today, will wait to see what TSLA does to re-enter.
irish pete ag06
AG
FJ43 said:

Ok….ok TradingView……now you have my interest. IBKR added as connected brokers to trade directly from the TV apps and software. How well does it execute? Dunno…but I'm going to dig into this given how much I love TV for user friendly charting.

I've been wanting to open an account with IBKR. This is big time.
Philip J Fry
AG

irish pete ag06
AG
BlitzBrother said:

Sold 40% stocks late Thursday , hedged 100% of remainder - Basically looking out until midterms , think 3,950 in the cards as a minimum on S&P500 .
This is basically exactly what I did. I started a tad too early. I started 6-7 trading days ago. I also began entering SQQQ layering in over the previous 2 weeks. Maybe the biggest position I've ever had. Playing for the model T and for it to fall back into previous consolidation zones that roughly equate too 300-310 QQQ.

So on the SQQQ chart, I am targetting 47-50. Today allowed me to move my stop to break even after averaging in.

Before folks lose their crap about longing SQQQ and TQQQ, I am not keeping this forever. It's a swing trade. Not hodl'ing this.

I also bought $30 VIX calls for 21 Sep. I got into these too early as well. Downward moves (upward moves on VIX) happen so dang fast, I didn't want to miss it. These basically got back to breakeven today since I was too early. I still see more volatility upside, so I am holding, but plan to trim soon. Potentially tomorrow.
irish pete ag06
AG
Watching LAC.

Was solid green on average volume on this blood day.

Bounced hard off that .382 fib and the 21 day EMA

It's one I want to long in the IRA.

Philip J Fry
AG

This is my favorite stock at the moment. Seems like it's due for a bit of a correction soon. Looking for a good entry point.
irish pete ag06
AG
Oh my AMZN... that is a gap with no liquidity. 125 to 121 area could come really fast.

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Watching MARA for a bounce play.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
First Page Last Page
Page 5641 of 6617

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.