Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,991,600 Views | 231574 Replies | Last: 4 min ago by EliteZags
$30,000 Millionaire
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Also watching this for reversal.

You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
59 South
AG
Triple_Bagger said:

Still confident we melt up to 4600? I'll let you out of the bet today for $50 if you want out. Offer ends today.

FJ43

Mornun!

US slightly green
EU mixed
Asia red

For you SPY scalping degenerates. If this then that.

• Rejects center purple line watch lower purple for break to bottom of box.
  • Rejects upper yellow arrow box top watch to bottom of box.
  • Could be an inside day heading into Jackson Hole considering size of yesterday's move. If so sitting on hands not a bad idea.
  • Feels like wants 407/8 range in coming days or the orange 100 EMA zone. Also filling in a big right shoulder. If so look out below ahead
  • Sitting at a VP support level although a bit weak

Trade wisely!

Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

FJ43
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

Golf1
AG
Today seems like it's going to be a slow day or things are going to get ugly again and we see another big red candle for the day
BaylorSpineGuy
Look at LNG, Cheniere Energy. Big reversal candle/shooting star yesterday after a long advance. Bearish harami before that.

All the talk is that Europe is gonna freeze and natural gas prices have reached ATH. May not be a wise time to chase that trade. Looks like it may be reversing.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Golf1 said:

Today seems like it's going to be a slow day or things are going to get ugly again and we see another big red candle for the day
really hard to say. we have moved 200 points in 3 trading days. I think consolidation of some kind is required.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I think a big move needs to rest more than I think it's reversing into a down trend. I do agree that you can't chase at these prices.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
R/R probably favors the upside from where we are TBH. on the bright side, there is a clear overnight high and low.
Brewmaster
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

Watching MARA for a bounce play.
I like this... are you mostly looking at it b/c it's oversold or seeing anything else?
FJ43
Maybe watch for red to Green Day but chop. Still think we reject upside and go lower near term.

irish pete ag06
AG

Definitely easy to see sideways being the move for a few days at least. This area has been a major consolidation zone twice in the last 2-3 months
Spoony Love
AG
I'll be following the same strategy as FJ posted for scalping today. If SPY gets resistance at the 414 level, then it could play all the way down to 408. This zone has been decent for scalping.
Golf1
AG
Yeah I was looking more at if it's going to break yesterdays lows or not then it could drop a lot. I definitely see us consolidating in between yesterdays lows and highs.
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
BaylorSpineGuy said:

Look at LNG, Cheniere Energy. Big reversal candle/shooting star yesterday after a long advance. Bearish harami before that.

All the talk is that Europe is gonna freeze and natural gas prices have reached ATH. May not be a wise time to chase that trade. Looks like it may be reversing.
I hesitated on a $145 share ownership somewhere around 30 days ago. If this one comes back to $150, I'm in. My stance is still that a market buying opp is on the way. So maybe October is the LNG play for me.

https://www.reuters.com/business/energy/us-crude-spr-hits-lowest-level-since-january-1985-2022-08-22/

Radical libs can't drive this country fast enough.....into a brick wall.

"All the talk is that Europe is gonna freeze..." LOL! I wouldn't plan a winter vacation there, just sayin'..

$20 NatGas and $10 gasoline at the pump - give it to me.

It's gonna be a green day again in the oil patch. Gotta go bang on the drum all day. It's been a great year is all I can say and I'm still breathing to boot. GLTA & PTLA!

ETA: To much manipulation in the Crude Futures, -pay attention to the words of the Saudi Oil Minister-. Saudi is speaking statements like American Oil Traders use to. American Oil Traders lost their balls. Crude is short, the S&D shows it and America is trying to hold crude price down while the Administration is trying to drive the U.S. petro industry out of business while simultaneously asking the ME for more oil. Can't make this stuff up.. Saudi will cut the valve back. I'd like to see Saudi serve notice to take delivery on Futures contracts. Talk about some chili S-hit-ters in the oil pits. But, turning off the valve is easier.
BaylorSpineGuy
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

BaylorSpineGuy said:

I hesitated on a $145 share ownership somewhere around 30 days ago. If this one comes back to $150, I'm in. My stance is still that a market buying opp is on the way. So maybe October is the LNG play for me.

https://www.reuters.com/business/energy/us-crude-spr-hits-lowest-level-since-january-1985-2022-08-22/

"All the talk is that Europe is gonna freeze..." LOL! I wouldn't plan a winter vacation there, just sayin'..

It's gonna be a green day again in the oil patch. Gotta go bang on the drum all day. It's been a great year is all I can say and I'm still breathing to boot. GLTA & PTLA!

You are definitely the expert on here as far as I see it on O&G. But I'm just not sure nat gas prices go to $20. Who will be able to afford that? If they are in severe recession (and they will be!), people won't be able to pay that much.

And if everyone freezes to death, they won't have anyone to sell gas to, right?

The bull case is $20, but the bear case is $3-4. Reality is likely in between.

But there is plenty of money to be made in the middle for sure.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
BREwmaster said:

$30,000 Millionaire said:

Watching MARA for a bounce play.
I like this... are you mostly looking at it b/c it's oversold or seeing anything else?
bottoming action.
BaylorSpineGuy
Yes certainly. Resting before further advance is a possible scenario, but what gave me a clue about possible reversal was the fairly decent volume of traded yesterday. The green candle two days ago before was slightly more volume so direction is not clear yet but a chart worth keeping an eye on.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
these are pretty clean book-ends for today. really hard to get excited while it's between these two.

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
i went ahead and picked up MARA at $13.25

Stop loss $12.5.

I'll probably scale out / sell covered call / manage at $14.
European Govt's will subsidize it like they do everything else. Their citizens will end up paying for it, just not in their monthly power bill. (That's when you hear gullible Amricans start the banter about how great the European model is...I digress) Just need Putin to keep the NatGas valve turned off, Saudi to cut back production on crude (yesterday Saudi sent a freakin' crystal clear message to the marketplace. If it's The Fed, U.S. Treasury or Larry Fink suppressing crude Futures - Saudi don't care no more, Saudi just turns valve closer to "off"...it is horribly comical.), need a few hurricane threats in the Gulf.
XOM busted $97. Set your cruise control to $100.
If any of you followed me on the XOM Oct $105 Calls strategy from a few pages back, the low end of the range is executing. You might push you sell to +$3. This thing has a ways to go. XOM will rally as we head to Div payout.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Damn it, TQQQ bounched 5 cents above my buy limit. Hate when that happens.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
sold 2/3 of MARA at $13.8

Set stop B/E on rest.

Congrats.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
that's 4% in 25 minutes chaps.
Golf1
AG
AAPL is one of those stocks that I should just stay away from. I dont know if I have ever had a Green Day when I trade it.
cptthunder

If any of you followed me on the XOM Oct $105 Calls strategy from a few pages back, the low end of the range is executing. You might push you sell to +$3. This thing has a ways to go. XOM will rally as we head to Div payout.
I still cant believe there hasnt been much talk about getting XOM back into the SP500. It seems pretty wild not having it in compared to the beating some names still on the list
Moving those XOM $105 October Call sells to +$3.50 (we may see $4). I still think in Sep we have some pullback. Can't go straight line up forever. GLTA

https://finviz.com/published_idea.ashx?t=XOM&f=082322&i=XOMd095688367i

Saudi's said get out of Oil Futures or get crushed LOL! That's what I miss about America,....that use to be us sayin' that...we will be back.....as soon as these limp-wristed yahoo's in the White House are gone.
cptthunder
BaylorSpineGuy said:

BaylorSpineGuy said:

You are definitely the expert on here as far as I see it on O&G. But I'm just not sure nat gas prices go to $20. Who will be able to afford that? If they are in severe recession (and they will be!), people won't be able to pay that much.

And if everyone freezes to death, they won't have anyone to sell gas to, right?

The bull case is $20, but the bear case is $3-4. Reality is likely in between.

But there is plenty of money to be made in the middle for sure.
Not gonna make any attempt to guess what commodity prices will be but domestic natural gas operators are about to show some monster numbers the next few quarters. They took big hits on hedge positions the last 2 quarters but those hedges are rolling off starting now and they are gonna make some serious cash on market gas prices and will be able to reload hedges at a much price now.
The other side of this is the domestic pipeline with the one that looks best on the charts to be is WMB. You can pick it up right now and get ~5% yield from the div. and it has been pushing up and potetntially flagging with resistance at $35.50. Looks to me if it breaks that it runs to $36 and then $37 quickly looking at the left side of the chart
cptthunder said:

I still cant believe there hasnt been much talk about getting XOM back into the SP500. It seems pretty wild not having it in compared to the beating some names still on the list
XOM should be part of Dow 30 no doubt. But, XOM is not PC when Brandon says you make more money than God. Don't look for XOM to get the invited back. Those penny loafer wearing factions will be just fine keeping SalesForce in the mix while it sucks air since it took XOM's place. And of course, don't forget WB likely has a favored owed,...maybe they invite OXY to bring up the energy percentage in the total..
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
$14.3 now on MARA. Going to keep holding for more.
cptthunder

cptthunder said:

XOM should be part of Dow 30 no doubt. But, XOM is not PC when Brandon says you make more money than God. Don't look for XOM to get the invited back. Those penny loafer wearing factions will be just fine keeping SalesForce in the mix while it sucks air since it took XOM's place. And of course, don't forget WB likely has a favored owed,...maybe they invite OXY to bring up the energy percentage in the total..
Oh Aunt Vicky and Uncle Warren. What a truly dynamic duo......
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
$MARA rejecting here, going to take the money and run.
On those CVX $105 Oct Calls I moved the sell up north of $6.50.

I think the CVX and XOM Calls execute tomorrow.

Give it hell boys, it's your only chance on earth.
First Page Last Page
Page 5642 of 6617

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.