Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,998,056 Views | 231597 Replies | Last: 13 min ago by El_duderino
GreasenUSA
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
No clue what tomorrow will bring. I'm just hoping we break above or below yesterday's range. Today was mind-numbing.
FJ43

He would y'all play this chart?

Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Apparently I'm in danger...
Ag CPA
AG
This BBBY action is incredible.
FJ43
Ag CPA said:

Really hope there isn't a single person on this board that held thinking more to go.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

HtownAg92
HtownAg92
AG
FJ43 said:

Ag CPA said:

Really hope there isn't a single person on this board that held thinking more to go.

I sold my 21.5 put this morning for a nice profit. I read up on $30k's theta decay warning and bailed. Then later bought 8/26 at 11 put when it was at $18. AH is in the money. Then for sheets and giggles a 9/16 at 6.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Don't look back, you made money and preserved capital. Holding those puts would have been playing with fire. Which is fun sometimes but if your first options trade was a 10 bagger you'd be in an alley somewhere sucking **** for expiring otm calls by the end of the year. And nobody wants that
Edit...nevermind you're farther along than i thought. Which alley you gonna be working in next week?
oldarmy1
AG
59 South said:

I am inclined to agree. A test of the rising 50 day in the 4100s would make some sense. Would also set up an inverse H&S. Who knows, I'm just bantering although I do think 4600 is more likely before 4000.

4100's as in to fill the gap. Would be painful to be right on the direction but ultimately lose the bet by 100 points if markets then rallied to 4600.
krosch11
AG
FJ43 said:

I'll play to get your take . 425 puts with close stops .
FJ43
krosch11 said:

FJ43 said:

Notice that's a weekly chart vs daily. Into downtrend line rejection. This weeks candle. Volume profile.

I'll be looking to add puts out a ways. Decent volume on the Oct 375s the day. I'll go closer to 400 though.

Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
FJ43 said:

krosch11 said:

FJ43 said:

Notice that's a weekly chart vs daily. Into downtrend line rejection. This weeks candle. Volume profile.

I'll be looking to add puts out a ways. Decent volume on the Oct 375s the day. I'll go closer to 400 though.

Going for 2% of the portfolio or what allocation?
irish pete ag06
AG
400P with lots of time, at least October, potentially Nov.

That's model T'ish on this recent uptrend, would look to go net free and wait to if we can make a lower low.

Edit to say, current model T for this upward movement is $396.96
FJ43
I'll use 5%, sell covered calls then trade the action. I need to hedge up a bit. Trade for cash.

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
oldarmy1 said:

59 South said:

I am inclined to agree. A test of the rising 50 day in the 4100s would make some sense. Would also set up an inverse H&S. Who knows, I'm just bantering although I do think 4600 is more likely before 4000.

4100's as in to fill the gap. Would be painful to be right on the direction but ultimately lose the bet by 100 points if markets then rallied to 4600.

He would surely have a stiff upper lip about the whole matter. He may make a mess in his jumper, though.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
BlueTaze
Aim for the Sep 2 $420 puts and wait for a failed breakout above 430 to pull trigger. Target 410.
Brewmaster
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

400P with lots of time, at least October, potentially Nov.

That's model T'ish on this recent uptrend, would look to go net free and wait to if we can make a lower low.

Edit to say, current model T for this upward movement is $396.96
Remember seasonality gents. Mid September is quite often a top (and one of the most pronounced of the year, see below)

This also shows, we could continue to run into September. Nothing would surprise me at this point!

Bob Knights Paper Hands
Charismatic Megafauna said:

Super boring inside day today, face rip tomorrow

... or it's even more super boring again and then Monday we destroy bulls or bears? Is this OPEX coming up?
Bob Knights Paper Hands
59 South said:

Can't wait for the outrage from you chaps whilst this baby melts up to 4600 over the next few weeks.

Why sell it short, brother? 4700. Do I hear 4800?
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Ag CPA said:

Not really. What did you think would happen?
Ag CPA
AG
I thought it would drop but not 45%.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
It will be back to $5 shortly.
cjo03
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

It will be back to $5 shortly.

I hope by tomorrow - bought some 8/19 $15 puts earlier this week and held onto them.
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
AW 1880 said:

Any thoughts on LEAPs on CVX or XOM?
I was focused on XOM Leaps for a long time. The Leaps have fallen out of favor for me as I have not seen them rebound to a point where I'd consider them again,....yet. I shifted to $105 October 21st Calls because -
1. Today, I like the premium and the time period. I believe the premium gets juiced as we head to XOM dividend pay out date on Sep 9th. The total time period (today through 10/21) is long enough to ride up and then retreat heading to October. I think a market buying opportunity develops in late Sep to Oct. I'll either buy back the Calls on a dip or let them ride. After a dip/retreat, I doubt the XOM share price would recover fast enough to Oct 21st to reach the $105 Strike level. Losing my shares feels slim to none. I'm okay if the shares are lost. Just means I have to get off my butt and repurchase. Yeah, I'm lazy, but more so I'm allergic to work. Going forward, I'd wait until November and re-establish a similar position, likely a 3 month forward position to January or February 2023 Calls.
2.. XOM earnings will come out after Oct 21st expiration and Q3 results should be almost as good as Q2 (Q2 was a historic record). Q3 crack spread is tracking very close to Q2.
3. XOM usually announces a dividend increase in Q3 too. I expect XOM will increase the $0.88 quarterly dividend to $0.92.
4. Eventually, there will be a credit rating performed on XOM. If the S&P can't seem to get it done, then I guess it's safe to say the S&P lost its credibility too. It's pretty sad how XOM is being treated politically. If the S&P had any balls, they would invite XOM back to the Dow 30 and kick that POS called SalesForce to the curb. Energy is under-represented in the 30 for as important as it is to the U.S. economy.
5. After the retreat in late Sep/Oct, the fundamentals support energy long term (> 12 months). I think there will be better opportunities for Leaps later. The way the energy complex has coiled over the last 3 months, 2023 should be a very good year for XOM and CVX.
6. I am treating CVX the same as XOM with Oct 21st Options favored over Leaps. I'm looking at CVX $170 October 21st Calls. A $65 spread between XOM $105's and CVX $170's should put the position where it needs to be.
7. The approximate quarterly Option income potential outweighs the Leaps today based on fundamentals.
8. I want those XOM $105 October Calls sold somewhere between $2.63 and $2.97. <---- Last week had you read this you would have thought I was nuts. After today, maybe not so much.. 59 South's statement about S&P 4600 made me smile.
9. Share price action, XOM needs to reach the $95-$96 level. Then,.... There's a nice gap from $97 to $100 and I think the gap gets filled as XOM approaches dividend payout on September 9th.
10. Those SPR releases of crude should stop October 18th or 10 days later. Crude is not in a build mode in the S&D. The fundamentals for WTI are strong. NatGas is looking good too! XOM is the #1 producer of NatGas in the U.S. and #2 in the world. Blackouts and frozen butts in Europe will be a helluva signal moving into 2023....I'm not waiting for that signal as the S&D has been signaling a bull stampede for months. Russia will get blamed for anything energy related in the media. Throw in the unlocking of the Chinese economy who has not been using oil for many many many months and the S&D goes into shock. That's an understatement. We/U.S. Govt continues to take releases from the SPR and load oil for export to China. Terrible. China is building a crude inventory and the U.S. is depleting its inventory.

Grab the popcorn.

Hope this made sense and helps you.

Ghost of Bisbee
AG
Have we hit the bottom yet?
59 South
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

Please tell me your venmo is really that.
When I win, whoever has that venmo handle deserves the $100
59 South
59 South
AG
oldarmy1 said:

59 South said:

I wouldn't have made the bet if it were 4100 instead of 4000
59 South
AG
Here we go:

• Rising 8 & 21 week ema, 8 about to cross over the 21
  • Due some consolidation - sideways with back test of 4100ish to close the gap at 4137.30?
  • 50 day sma is about to start rising fast as lowest days from mid June drop off
  • A break up of the rising channel would be a recapture of the 200 day sma and the 50 week sma right around 4325-4340 setting up a potential true melt up scenario (not saying this is likely but always possible... go look at what happened in late May - early June 2020 the last time this happened, similar sentiment to now)
  • Lots of fuel for a short squeeze... need to find the tweet and will post below....
  • Rationality says we can't go higher short term - markets are rarely rational, although I'd say they can routinely be 'predictably irrational'
  • Look at the symmetry! Could it fully cup? Earlier this year look at all the sequential red candles 10 of 11 weeks - now why couldn't we have green this time? By the same count we are only on week 5! Buckle up chaps!

If this post is on the B&I forum, lighten up it's just money!

Disclaimer: I'm not that smart.
59 South
AG
FJ43
59 South said:

They know

Bob Knights Paper Hands
59 South said:

The ole Tilted Nessie formation. If 1-2 of the McInnises were around we'd already have that drawn up.
59 South
AG
FJ43 said:

59 South said:

They know
sts7049
AG
futures not bullish this morning
cgh1999
AG
sts7049 said:

futures not bullish this morning

Green by 2pm - #permabulls
First Page Last Page
Page 5631 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.