Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,999,492 Views | 231603 Replies | Last: 24 min ago by CC09LawAg
BaylorSpineGuy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I think this is understated. With gas and food prices spiking this year, people are blowing through credit cards and mounting debt rapidly (after paying back record amounts during COVID!). Car repo's are up and I imagine home mortgage defaults or payment delays won't be too much farther behind.
FJ43
Beyond inflation I'm watching first hand the spending frenzy of many different people. And I know their income levels. It's just math.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

Spoony Love
AG
I live in a predominately lower income, very rural, mostly agriculture workers town. There is no way some of these folks out here are spending the way they are making the income they do. It's about to start crashing down.

When I see them swapping out vehicles in shorter time frames, they are extended.
lobwedgephil
BaylorSpineGuy said:

Did AAPL show a reversal candle today? Model T retracement time? Maybe 160P (gap below 160) like 2 months out? Am I warm?
I would go end of October, the hammered those today. Popped over her downtrend line today and pulled back. AAPL always the least to good, but usual Sept-Oct weakness should come. I am in 165's December though, got in today.
FJ43
BaylorSpineGuy said:

What expiration are those puts? Pretty serious volume there.
OI is interesting. Volume increasing. Dec expiry.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

FJ43
Spoony Love said:

I live in a predominately lower income, very rural, mostly agriculture workers town. There is no way some of these folks out here are spending the way they are making the income they do. It's about to start crashing down.

When I see them swapping out vehicles in shorter time frames, they are extended.
It's like gravity. They will come down for those who tried to defy reality.

FJ43
lobwedgephil said:

BaylorSpineGuy said:

Did AAPL show a reversal candle today? Model T retracement time? Maybe 160P (gap below 160) like 2 months out? Am I warm?
I would go end of October, the hammered those today. Popped over her downtrend line today and pulled back. AAPL always the least to good, but usual Sept-Oct weakness should come. I am in 165's December though, got in today.
All I want is a VIX move to 25 in the next 2 weeks. Momma FJ needs spending money.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

Great minds. I entered a 155 Dec put today.

I feel like it's holding up the whole market and when it flushes it will be blood time.

I know I'm still relatively new to the stocks game, but there have got to be easier ways to make money than betting against AAPL.
FJ43
Ok here's one I'm watching for a possible trade.

SPY breaks 422.93 and I'll look at a Friday lotto downside (on an intraday attempted reversal) or to next weeks expiry (420P possibly ) for the short.

FJ out for tonight. 2:30AM rise incoming. Y'all have a great evening.

irish pete ag06
AG
It was a small position and I have a bad habit of being too early on things. It showed a tad bit of struggle with that trend line. If it shows solid continuation over it, I'll cut it loose.

Also potentially can see some seasonality.

And, I'm a current bear who thinks this thing is about to crap the bed again.
irish pete ag06
AG
I'm long VIX too. When I saw your posts a while back about it I was fired up that I had seen the same thing.
wanderer
irish pete ag06 said:

Also potentially can see some seasonality.

All that's showing is that it goes up basically all year. The only noticeably fall prior to Dec expy is in Nov.
Brewmaster
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

irish pete ag06 said:

Great minds. I entered a 155 Dec put today.

I feel like it's holding up the whole market and when it flushes it will be blood time.

I know I'm still relatively new to the stocks game, but there have got to be easier ways to make money than betting against AAPL.
I generally agree. AAPL is also a hard one to figure. Sometimes even when flow shows up it doesn't run when it should.

I traded puts on MARA this week to decent gains. It was extended and is typically quite volatile. TSLA is a good short this week too (scalp puts or go long SARK on run ups). I'm still long some SARK.
Brewmaster
AG
FJ43 said:

Ok here's one I'm watching for a possible trade.

SPY breaks 422.93 and I'll look at a Friday lotto downside (on an intraday attempted reversal) or to next weeks expiry (420P possibly ) for the short.

FJ out for tonight. 2:30AM rise incoming. Y'all have a great evening.

very nice. so once it breaks the trend line you go short.
irish pete ag06
AG
BaylorSpineGuy
I know we were discussing some setups last night but don't think anyone has mentioned it but this week is OpEx, so there may be some premium killing moves (just to consider).

Yesterday was VIXperation as well - no idea quite the significance of this one though. Carsan usually mentions a "window of weakness" once the VIX expires but others who are more knowledgeable in volatility trading could provide more depth.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Spoony Love said:

Like instead of trading in when they need new tires, now they're doing it when it's time for an oil change?
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Buying $CVX commons premarket.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
Any reason leading to why?
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Crude looks ready to rally and CVX has broken out of its downtrend. This is a good R/R spot.
Golf1
AG
NVDA looks to be bouncing off that $181 range. Would love to see it drop back down to that at market open and get a couple $190 calls
Bob Knights Paper Hands
For those of you that trade commodities, do they tend to follow similar TA principles as stocks? If yes then do oil prices, specifically, tend to follow those similar TA or is it a bit of a different animal?
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
CVX has its Ex-Eff or Ex-Div today. If entering in Pre-Market should be able to capture a little bit more of some share adjusted price. I bought more CVX last week at $156.60. I bought CVX because my XOM is overweight.

Regarding WTI crude, welcome aboard! The S&D doesnt lie and it's been telling the truth for months. EIA data this week shows a draw versus a build. LOL! It's been a draw for months when the SPR releases are subtracted from supply. Releases should stop around Oct 18th. This Administration may try to drag out releases passed Oct 18th if they dont meet the total release quantity by the stop date. Anything to keep the pump price down until Mid-Term elections are over. Regarding the conspiracy side of the 2 missing EIA reports in July...nothing balances within reason since. The numbers are jacked but the truth will surface.

After all the above is said and done, I figure WTI will hit $120 in 2022 and average $105 in 2023. Get ready for $5+ gasoline.

Going back to beatin' my (oil) drum all day.

GLTA! and PTLA!
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
I've traded uso quite a bit and I'd say it's far more "rational" than stonks, there are waves and retracements etc but at the end of the day its a real thing that's being produced and sold, and purchased and used, so the "real" value tends to get fleshed out pretty quickly. In addition to less influence due to market sentiment there are fewer, and well defined inputs that affect price, price tends to adjust fast after those come out (eia report, opec announcements, etc). Because of all this i think it's tough to really trade oil futures without gambling, but no problem investing on longer term (quarter, maybe) trend hypotheses
Spoony Love
AG
That's what it feels like
Triple_Bagger
SAVA round #2 today.

AUSTIN, Texas, Aug. 18, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Cassava Sciences, Inc. (Nasdaq: SAVA), a clinical-stage biotechnology company focused on Alzheimer's disease, was recently informed by the Journal of Prevention of Alzheimer's Disease (JPAD) that there is no convincing evidence to support allegations of data manipulation in a 2020 paper on simufilam co-authored by the Company's personnel and its science collaborators.
Spoony Love
AG
My strategy today is really for tomorrow. If we see an inside day, and that would be a big if, I'm adding some puts for a lotto tomorrow at close. Not sure about the strike but probably well OTM.

If it breaks to the down side, I have a trading zone between 419-424 and I'll be looking for longer puts from there.

I don't see the advantage for calls yet.
HtownAg92
AG
FJ43 said:

HtownAg92 said:

Okay, BBBY continues to sheet the bed hard afterhours, but my option sell price isn't moving I guess because I wasn't in the money at close. Surely I can wait until open tomorrow for my option price to catch up and correlate with opening share price and then sell it? And if there is no sign of the wsb's moving it back up, let it tank some more?
I'm a redneck addicted trader......but....take your money.

Singles, doubles and the occasional home run. But manage risk and take gains.
I sweated out an early run, then bailed out on a dip at $4.20 on my $2.52. I'll take it.

Thanks for all the guidance, guys.
BaylorSpineGuy
More from the discussion last night. Thought about this while listening to Bloomberg this morning.

If you guys are looking for an interesting play, consider ITB. I'll be watching this one close. Below $60, it'll be a good put buying candidate. Home buying ETF. Has been in a bear flag/rally last couple months, but further rate hikes may really bring this ETF down. Worth watching at least.
wanderer
$30,000 Millionaire said:

Buying $CVX commons premarket.
21EMA and mean ATR is right at 154.71. Stop loss right under that?

irish pete ag06
AG

ENVX looking ready to dump again.

I suspect it will see next support at $20
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Super boring inside day today, face rip tomorrow

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Any questions on $CVX, amateurs? I locked in the profits with an ITM covered call.
SF2004
AG
Straight up garbage manipulation. This thing should be selling off as it is over extended.
Spoony Love
AG
I think it sells off tomorrow. Crushing premium today.

I'm watching SPY for what it's worth.
First Page Last Page
Page 5628 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.