Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,001,261 Views | 231607 Replies | Last: 10 min ago by CC09LawAg
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yep, good call, but it shows my total portfolio.

But it was pretty simple to break down by account, and then further into the actual cash amounts I started with in each account for my leveraged trading.

Adjusting for that gave me -

Brokerage: +22%
Roth: +13.2%
FJ43
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Yep, good call, but it shows my total portfolio.

But it was pretty simple to break down by account, and then further into the actual cash amounts I started with in each account for my leveraged trading.

Adjusting for that gave me -

Brokerage: +22%
Roth: +13.2%

Congrats on the trading and managing your accounts. You're on a roll.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

FJ43

WWR

Just had an alert go off here after hours. 25k share 1 min Little spike to mid 1.50s.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

TxAgLaw03RW
AG
Possibly because of the Inflation Reduction* Act passing?
FJ43
Was thinking the same thing. Let's see what next week brings. Maybe more net free shares incoming.

Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
WWR holders on this board

BrokeAssAggie
Triple_Bagger
FJ43 said:

WWR

Just had an alert go off here after hours. 25k share 1 min Little spike to mid 1.50s.
What program do you use for volume alerts?
M4 Benelli
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

Red Pear BCS Luke said:

Well,...here you go..

Quote:

Exxon ESG activist board member Jeffrey Ubbens states the he believes XOM can become an ESG leader and a very profitable one. He says: "I really believe that the return dynamics for Exxon from here are spectacular. They are part of the solution, not part of the problem"

On Aug 4th Ubben bought 1 million shares at $88.44. As of 12:29pmCST, XOM is $93.88. Today is Aug 11th and Ubben is up $5.44 million. Merica, yeah, I love it!

Any LEAPS worth looking at? Wife has some extra funds in her ROTH and may just buy the actual underlying for the dividend and holding.
Great question, good timing.

I'm not seeing the juice for Leaps that I thought I was going to see.

This O&G industry is now set for positive momentum going forward and here is what I am doing.

*XOM will see $100 before if sees $90
*JAS Q3 earnings announcement would be the end of October
*I am selling $105 October 21 Calls (that's 10 weeks out) - this works for me. I would like to have my position established before the end of next week.
*I think in September or October there will be a temporary setback in O&G alone, or the market buying opportunity I have mentioned before, and the $105 Strike should be high enough not to get called out. If I lose the shares, no worries. Otherwise, I would plan to hold these shares options to expiration.
*After expiration I'll sit on the sideline and wait.
*Expiration on October 21st, comes before earning announcement at the end of October. 3Q earnings performance should be as good as 2Q. There should be a dividend increase announcement. These 2 items should recharge XOM share price.
*I'll look to sell Calls again after earnings & div announcement. Just repeating this process per quarter.
*WTI and XOM are closely related in price relationship currently and I don't see that changing. WTI is going to $100+. XOM will be slightly ahead or behind.
*XOM hitting $110 this year is in the cards. If the world of crude gets wacky high, so will XOM.

If I left anything out or if I wrote something needing clarity, let me know.

ETA: You can essentially achieve the same thing as above by selling Oct 21st $85 Puts.

Whats your take on MRO? P/E of 5, hit debt targets in past 3 quarters, 75% FCF returns over same period, shares outstanding axed like John Wayne Bobbitt's bits over same span. 11%

Unlike the fat cats, currently sitting well beneath June's highs.

More importantly, its Texas Tea.
FJ43
Triple_Bagger said:

FJ43 said:

WWR

I'm about 90% an IBKR (Pro Platform) trader but have an IRA and a ROTH from years ago with TDA/TOS. That alert actually came from my IBKR platform as I have both price and volume alerts set up depending.

I'll also set alerts when I do my nightly charting on TradingView. I probably use TV more than anything on my iPad at night scanning 100-150 stocks and indexes. Not sure if it has volume alerts as I only ever set price alerts on that one. Now you made me have to look......

FJ43

TradingView has a lot of alert options but not seeing a volume alert setting. IBKR Pro has it though.

Edit: It does have it. Google...sheesh

Her it is. Found it. You need to set your chart to the time setting you want the alert to be for. 1min, 5 min, 1 day, etc. Then select volume vs crossing and enter your criteria and push notification via SMS text. Life of a drive by trader's.....alerts. You'll see a dotted line at 25k on this 1 min chart behind the drop down. I set one already.

Decay
AG
Was about to say, trading view does damn near anything. Volume alerts are child's play. I'm interested in using TV to do trading for me. Gotta be damn careful though...
Philip J Fry
AG
Triple_Bagger said:

FJ43 said:

WWR

Wonder what will happen next….
FJ43
If I could use it via IBKR to make trades and chart I would in a heartbeat. Just couldn't find a broker they have connected to their platform I was willing to try.

BrokeAssAggie
$1.60ish will hopefully be the new support. Once the house passes this bill then off to the moon.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I think you can get a better entry than $24 but I like how this looks.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
M4 Benelli said:

Red Pear BCS Luke said:

Well,...here you go..

Quote:

Exxon ESG activist board member Jeffrey Ubbens states the he believes XOM can become an ESG leader and a very profitable one. He says: "I really believe that the return dynamics for Exxon from here are spectacular. They are part of the solution, not part of the problem"

On Aug 4th Ubben bought 1 million shares at $88.44. As of 12:29pmCST, XOM is $93.88. Today is Aug 11th and Ubben is up $5.44 million. Merica, yeah, I love it!

Any LEAPS worth looking at? Wife has some extra funds in her ROTH and may just buy the actual underlying for the dividend and holding.
Great question, good timing.

I'm not seeing the juice for Leaps that I thought I was going to see.

This O&G industry is now set for positive momentum going forward and here is what I am doing.

*XOM will see $100 before if sees $90
*JAS Q3 earnings announcement would be the end of October
*I am selling $105 October 21 Calls (that's 10 weeks out) - this works for me. I would like to have my position established before the end of next week.
*I think in September or October there will be a temporary setback in O&G alone, or the market buying opportunity I have mentioned before, and the $105 Strike should be high enough not to get called out. If I lose the shares, no worries. Otherwise, I would plan to hold these shares options to expiration.
*After expiration I'll sit on the sideline and wait.
*Expiration on October 21st, comes before earning announcement at the end of October. 3Q earnings performance should be as good as 2Q. There should be a dividend increase announcement. These 2 items should recharge XOM share price.
*I'll look to sell Calls again after earnings & div announcement. Just repeating this process per quarter.
*WTI and XOM are closely related in price relationship currently and I don't see that changing. WTI is going to $100+. XOM will be slightly ahead or behind.
*XOM hitting $110 this year is in the cards. If the world of crude gets wacky high, so will XOM.

If I left anything out or if I wrote something needing clarity, let me know.

ETA: You can essentially achieve the same thing as above by selling Oct 21st $85 Puts.

Whats your take on MRO? P/E of 5, hit debt targets in past 3 quarters, 75% FCF returns over same period, shares outstanding axed like John Wayne Bobbitt's bits over same span. 11%

Unlike the fat cats, currently sitting well beneath June's highs.

More importantly, its Texas Tea.
From the cheap seats...

I don't follow this one closely, but here is what I see.

P/E appears -
2022 Estimates 4.95
2023 Estimates 5.35
Those P/E's are low and would be considered very safe in this environment and yet I'd rate it as a Growth stock versus Value. From your notes above, I'd say Div is safe and they'll likely continue buybacks to avoid 1% 2023 tax. (I expect XOM to step up their buybacks this year and reduce debt next year, because of tax.) I like this stock as I am bullish this industry segment through 2022. At some point the music will slow in this recession and share price will take a rest. (I think a buying opp sinks the entire market, we rally back, then energy starts getting demand reduction in 2023 and pressures share price)

But MRO, or analyst,(somebody is) is forecasting a negative P/E Growth Rate for 2023 of like -7.5%.....that notation corresponds to what I believe will take place in 2023 in O&G, but should only be temporary, not long term.

If Russia/Ukraine keep fighting in 2023 and Russia turns the valve off to Europe, SHTF and O&G stays very bullish. I'm betting Russia/Ukraine will be fighting through 2023. Russia can always use the "valve" as a behind the scenes bargaining chip with Europe.

18 analysts MRO avg....Lo $24....Mid $33....Hi $43....over next 12 months

Based on above and what is taking place in the energy economy, it seems like a stock ready for a pop back to 52WH's. Hell,....if they fall on their arse the last 2 quarters (using Fiscal 2021) MRO share price would/should reflect $22 for 2022 based on P/E alone. No, I don't believe falling on the arse will happen, unless this country shuts itself down in OND because we catch the flu.

My 2 cents,....really $0.0183 cents after inflation.
FJ43

One of the next setups I'm looking at for next week entry

MGNI

Post earnings move, back test and hold
EMA crossing
Above 50EMA
Downtrend break

Golf1
AG
Is trading view worth it? I've always used think or swim on TDA and I've played with trading view for the free version but is it worth it to upgrade?
oldarmy1
AG
WWR is a story stock move, similar to early 2021, versus a tangible production revenue based move. It's impossible to know just how feverish buying will be next week. A flash above $2 is guaranteed, but i could even see it making a run to close the cup around $3.91 area.

After the covid and aftermath slowed buildout to a crawl management has been moving things forward with supply issues abating somewhat. But we know everything has been pushed out several years, so just how far will this legislation wave take it?

It's no secret I hold 422k shares, and I won't sell any until I see a $3 on my screen. Does that happen next week? I don't know. If it becomes a momentum play anything can happen with only 47m shares float and 1.5m shorted.

For most a double should be used to go net free. If you only have a small holding then I'd wait to see if the momo move occurs and then look to covered calls.

It's getting a lot of buzz on social media being the only graphite stock now that the lithium moves have happened.

Don't screw it up! And if you still don't have extended hours trading you are likey going to miss out on the biggest gains.
FJ43
Golf1 said:

Is trading view worth it? I've always used think or swim on TDA and I've played with trading view for the free version but is it worth it to upgrade?

Charting wise it's my favorite. Super easy to use desktop or app. I use their highest levels just don't use their brokerage connections.

FJ43
oldarmy1 said:

WWR is a story stock move, similar to early 2021, versus a tangible production revenue based move. It's impossible to know just how feverish buying will be next week. A flash above $2 is guaranteed, but i could even see it making a run to close the cup around $3.91 area.

After the covid and aftermath slowed buildout to a crawl management has been moving things forward with supply issues abating somewhat. But we know everything has been pushed out several years, so just how far will this legislation wave take it?

It's no secret I hold 422k shares, and I won't sell any until I see a $3 on my screen. Does that happen next week? I don't know. If it becomes a momentum play anything can happen with only 47m shares float and 1.5m shorted.

For most a double should be used to go net free. If you only have a small holding then I'd wait to see if the momo move occurs and then look to covered calls.

It's getting a lot of buzz on social media being the only graphite stock now that the lithium moves have happened.

Don't screw it up! And if you still don't have extended hours trading you are likey going to miss out on the biggest gains.

Keep whispering softly to this board OA

I've just been playing the game on this one as you taught me years ago.

FJ43
#IBKR

Triple_Bagger
Thanks FJ!!!
HoustonAg2014
AG
My extended hours trading goes until 7 pm I believe. Do I need to see if I can extend that out further?

Also in extended hours if you see that move, do you sell at a market order? I figure you can't do a limit I just didn't want to put in a market order and get screwed in after hours trading. Would love to know how to play this when the move happens in the after hours.
oldarmy1
AG
HoustonAg2014 said:

My extended hours trading goes until 7 pm I believe. Do I need to see if I can extend that out further?

Also in extended hours if you see that move, do you sell at a market order? I figure you can't do a limit I just didn't want to put in a market order and get screwed in after hours trading. Would love to know how to play this when the move happens in the after hours.

7pm is it. Yih have 3am?
FJ43
oldarmy1 said:

HoustonAg2014 said:

7pm is it. Yih have 3am?

Some of my best fills entry or exit have been on the 4am EST opens

TxAgLaw03RW
AG
Thoughts on getting a couple GTC sell orders in place at certain levels now or wait to see what it does next week?
oldarmy1
AG
If you can go net free with any sizeable holdings then that's your limit order. If you're awake you might still put a limit order but I'd make it less than total position % to sell for net free, because the chances your limit is the top is smaller than the odds the stock will give you even better outs.
HoustonAg2014
AG
oldarmy1 said:

HoustonAg2014 said:

7pm is it. Yih have 3am?

I don't but if that's something I can request, I will. I'm up at random hours doing research and stuff. I will look into that. Thanks!
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
HoustonAg2014 said:

oldarmy1 said:

HoustonAg2014 said:

7pm is it. Yih have 3am?

I don't but if that's something I can request, I will. I'm up at random hours doing research and stuff. I will look into that. Thanks!

Webull and interactive have 4 est trading.
Diggity
AG
just for fun. I would love to know the average cost basis for the folks on this board that are still into WWR.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Diggity said:

just for fun. I would love to know the average cost basis for the folks on this board that are still into WWR.
$2
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I'm doing my weekly research and I'm not coming up with anything I want to buy right here, right now.

The only names I even like are QDEL and BROS
Diggity
AG
smarter man than me. I'm $3.2
First Page Last Page
Page 5617 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.