Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,999,531 Views | 231603 Replies | Last: 26 min ago by CC09LawAg
$30,000 Millionaire
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What I have left is in theory net free, but the original basis I'm guessing on these is about $5

I had aggressively sold calls and sold puts for most of 2021 to lower the basis. I had a few months where I pocketed 100% of the premium with the reverse collar strategy I had.

I have actually done zero on my position in 8 months. No short calls, no puts, nothing. Just waiting.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
$GDXJ is starting to look constructive also. This should go to at least 40.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Since OA is posting - do you see anything you like?
FJ43
Diggity said:

just for fun. I would love to know the average cost basis for the folks on this board that are still into WWR.

1.36. This is all the new buys. Majority is all net free ($0 cost basis).
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

BrokeAssAggie
I'm net free. Cost basis $4.70
Diggity
AG
so 75% net free thus far. Good work gents
aggiebonzo
AG
$4
Samuel E. Cronkowitz
AG
Diggity said:

just for fun. I would love to know the average cost basis for the folks on this board that are still into WWR.

$2.67
krosch11
AG
Diggity said:

I'm somewhere around 2.70 as an average on all shares.
MAS444
AG
I'm not net free and my cost basis may or may not be higher than yours Diggity.
MOCO9
AG
Diggity said:

$3.35
Bulldog73
AG
Diggity said:

$4.30. I was much lower in my robinhood, but when I moved from them, it was at that price.
Diggity
AG
Would you say it's....mas de $4.44?
oldarmy1
AG
Question I think would be interesting is when was your last purchase put next to your avg cost.

MAS444
AG
I wish….
cjo03
AG
$1.84 bought mostly in March'ish.

But if I add what I sold in Dec at a loss probably more like $2.50
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Question I think would be interesting is when was your last purchase put next to your avg cost.

$2.74 cost basis but only cause I recently bought again a sizeable amount a few weeks ago at $1.20
FJ43
oldarmy1 said:

On new trade/net free target purchases.
April at $1.61 and June at $1.11
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
oldarmy1 said:

I haven't bought any under $4
AgDad77
AG
kyle field 94
AG
Wwr avg is 2.67, last bought in April

Something for everyone to think about doing is potentially harvesting some of their losses.

Either buy some additional shares and then in 31 days, sell out your highest priced purchases.

Or if you are not wanting to buy any more, then sell a small portion (like 10%) of your position that has the highest price basis, then look to rebuy in 31 days. If the market has rallied in the next 31 days, at least the remaining 90% will capture these gains

Helps offset other gains that you are recognizing throughout the year
oldarmy1
AG
HoustonAg2014 said:

My extended hours trading goes until 7 pm I believe. Do I need to see if I can extend that out further?

Also in extended hours if you see that move, do you sell at a market order? I figure you can't do a limit I just didn't want to put in a market order and get screwed in after hours trading. Would love to know how to play this when the move happens in the after hours.

Depends on your platform. You definitely do NOT place a market order in extended hours unless you have level 2 and see huge shares available to fill your sells. System I use you can place a bracketed market order that initiates at the initial price entered down to a set low to accept fills.
oldarmy1
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

Since OA is posting - do you see anything you like?

I exited a SHOP call Thursday that I had entered 7/27 (pure reversal breakout) last month. If it comes back under $35 I'll start buying shares to hold long-term. Should have bought shares as well for the long haul when it was under $30.

If markets go into a slow stepping trend up I'll probably enter naked puts that would assign at net $33-34 if premium not banked.
HoustonAg2014
AG
oldarmy1 said:

125k shares at about a $2.50 cost basis most of my basis was reduced by selling CCs on the 2021 pop… but mentally my cost basis is $4.50 on 125k shares
irish pete ag06
AG
Long term trade idea...

UPST....

breaking out of a long term downtrend

I see what looks like accumulation occuring... especially starting around July 8 on the graph. Plus lots of volume post earnings.... which were an absolute turd.

This should cause a stock to plummet but of course in this market it looks like major accumulation buyers stepped in after.

They did lower their guidance by a pretty significant margin. This company looks like dog **** and the news around it on twitter is consistently negative.

So... horrible news and giant green bars sounds like VPA accumulation according to Couling, right?

There is a huge gap at $55 which would be cup completion (right OA1?) and also a gap at that spot to $71.

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
UPST is a piece. I think it's fine to trade but I think you can get it cheaper.
gougler08
AG
ABNB just completed a great cup pattern, targeting $110 to enter long on a hopeful quick handle
Madmarttigan
AG
Just wondering does anyone have opinions on Webull and if you think it is safe to keep money with them being a Chinese owned company.

I really love the app, but not enough to get effed one day.
Decay
AG
Madmarttigan said:

Just wondering does anyone have opinions on Webull and if you think it is safe to keep money with them being a Chinese owned company.

I really love the app, but not enough to get effed one day.

Assume it's gonna be gone and don't put in more than you can afford to lose
irish pete ag06
AG
I use it for my options trading account. I've had no issues. I am a plankton sized account though.

I trade on their mobile app using the active trader interface and absolutely love it.

Oh and I'm editing to add a referral link if you decided to join me: https://a.webull.com/KJLaHHYwuy2VrRsh8l

Sorry to be that guy, but figured what the heck.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
What are we thinking tomorrow? Resistance at 4300? Or an overdue gap down?
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

What are we thinking tomorrow? Resistance at 4300? Or an overdue gap down?

?

If I had to guess we open up and then sell.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Peak from May 4.
FJ43

HUYA

Will it get it's typical earnings bump? Earnings Tuesday.

irish pete ag06
AG
Permabear Burry

First Page Last Page
Page 5618 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.