Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,997,937 Views | 231597 Replies | Last: 9 min ago by El_duderino
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Indeed it does.

And, with interest rate hikes,...
....will banks/credit unions pass along the increased interest to passbook/CD savers to draw money out of equities, or will banks and credit unions not participate?

Bravo my man!

Bravo!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Quote:

We also announced on August 4 a special dividend of a new AMC Preferred Equity unit being given taxfree to shareholders of AMC's 516,820,595 issued and outstanding common shares. The issuance of this dividend is not currently dilutive, as at least for now AMC Preferred Equity units will all go, and ONLY go, to our current shareholder base as of the dividend payment date later in August. These new AMC Preferred Equity units will be traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol, "APE."
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
4150 is my guess for pin
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
Brewmaster
AG
BREwmaster said:

power hour time!

and Prog has been slacking, so here!

she's working!
irish pete ag06
AG
r u a wizard
ProgN
BREwmaster said:

BREwmaster said:

power hour time!

and Prog has been slacking, so here!

she's working!

Bob Knights Paper Hands
WestTexAg12 said:

Am I the only one who apparently doesn't understand this market right now?

The problem is there's so much information we don't have that could be moving the markets. It's good to try and consider the information you do have in order to help you make your investments, but at the end of the day price and volume are all we really have.
BlueTaze
Bought Jan '23 CVNA $45 calls for $2.75 sold them for $7.30, now trading at $14. Was thinking to let them ride, but thought there was gonna be a macro pullback.

Let's see if these Aug 31 VIX $27 calls come thru for me next week. Entry $1.40, stop $1.18, target $3.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Damn, almost finished green on my overall portfolio. -0.09%
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

r u a wizard
Close but no cigar today.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Some random thoughts:

• This week (and today) had very small range
  • I ended the week up-ish, but these are weeks to just endure. Very tough action this week after easy action the last couple of weeks
  • I think you want to see 4170 get cleared with authority early next week. The longer this takes, the more likely we are going to puke. 4110 I think is the key level to gate some down side. That level has been tested a few times and has held.

If someone wants to organize a zoom meeting I'm happy to get on and go through any charts you guys are interested in.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I'm assuming we would do that Monday.
ProgN
Quote:

Tesla Announces a Three-for-One Stock Split

4:19 pm ET August 5, 2022 (BusinessWire) Print

Tesla, Inc. ("Tesla") announced today that the Board of Directors has approved and declared a three-for-one split of Tesla's common stock in the form of a stock dividend to make stock ownership more accessible to employees and investors. Each stockholder of record on August 17, 2022 will receive a dividend of two additional shares of common stock for each then-held share, to be distributed after close of trading on August 24, 2022. Trading will begin on a stock split-adjusted basis on August 25, 2022.

Forward-Looking Statements

Certain statements, including, without limitation, statements regarding the expected timing and impact of the stock dividend are "forward-looking statements" that are subject to risks and uncertainties. These forward-looking statements are based on management's current expectations. Various important factors could cause actual results to differ materially, including the risks identified in our filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including our Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the quarter ended June 30, 2022. Tesla disclaims any obligation to update this information.
BaylorSpineGuy
My wife and kids are out of town and I'm on call 7 days in a row. I'd absolutely love to do some Zoom stuff with you guys. Wishing I had been here before OA threw deuces.

This weekend should work for me as long as the neurosurgery gods don't throw lightning bolts at me.
irish pete ag06
AG
I thought it was gonna get there.

This has been the first day in a long time that it felt like the bulls were not in total control.
irish pete ag06
AG
I'm in Sep 22 $30 calls too. I've been averaging in the last few days.

Honestly, I should have probably waited for the breakout of the downward trend... VIX usually doesn't give you much warning though.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Quote:

We also announced on August 4 a special dividend of a new AMC Preferred Equity unit being given taxfree to shareholders of AMC's 516,820,595 issued and outstanding common shares. The issuance of this dividend is not currently dilutive, as at least for now AMC Preferred Equity units will all go, and ONLY go, to our current shareholder base as of the dividend payment date later in August. These new AMC Preferred Equity units will be traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol, "APE."

Lol is this true?
sts7049
AG
South Platte said:

Everything seems like complete BS right now. Congrats to those of you who have committed to learning how to make money in this environment. The only really smart move I made was to go 100% cash in my 401k on 12/1, but I know at some point I need to start getting some of it back in, even if it goes down after I re-enter.

There seem to be some really bad situations on the horizon in Europe. China lockdown has it in the ****ter. But US markets are business as usual?

I have no useful evidence to back my "sky is falling" mentality, but I don't buy any of this rally.

ES still hasn't crossed the 200 day, remember that
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Seasonality chart is pretty flat for August. Love for those amd covered calls to bleed for a month and buy them back before we resume the moon mission
BaylorSpineGuy
Wow. MEGL. Another Chinese IPO up 2300% today and doubled again AH tonight. Money laundering much? This is wild.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Sure is. Got the email.
Eliminatus
AG
FJ43 said:

Really appreciate your post and transparency. There are many different approaches to trading but most have several bedrock principles in common.

If I can help in any way don't hesitate to DM me. I'll at least give you my redneck approach, some resource direction, personal strategy/disciplines lessons learned.
Thanks so much. I am base level right now so still absorbing the basics but will definitely keep this in mind when I need more nuance stuff clarified later.

Appreciate it very much. More than you know.
Eliminatus
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

Here's my 2 cents. I've been trying to learn options since May of 2021...

Start SMALL. No matter what type of trading you decide to do. START MICROSCOPIC.

My account I started with in May was way too large for me to be learning on (it was still tiny).

Some people say paper trade, but I can't do that. I cannot take it seriously enough unless I have real skin in the game.
One of those things that sounds like everyone should probably know but a great reminder for me personally.

I like to think that I know the risks and have a base in reality when it comes to trading, but I know I still need to work on my patience. I have very specific reasons for finally looking into this world and need to temper that with said reality. Getting popped in the mouth with numbers on a screen will help I am sure, but would like to keep the bleeding to a minimum of course...

Start small, Eli....start small....

Thanks for your help!

This community is amazing.
FJ43
Eliminatus said:

FJ43 said:

Really appreciate your post and transparency. There are many different approaches to trading but most have several bedrock principles in common.

If I can help in any way don't hesitate to DM me. I'll at least give you my redneck approach, some resource direction, personal strategy/disciplines lessons learned.
Thanks so much. I am base level right now so still absorbing the basics but will definitely keep this in mind when I need more nuance stuff clarified later.

Appreciate it very much. More than you know.
Anytime. Go to page 1 of this board. The first post from OA has good info, resource short list and some videos. 30k and I did one last year for everyone focusing on several basics.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I am serious that I'm willing to get on zoom and talk smack to you guys.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

I posted months ago, there will be a buying opp this year, happens every off-presidential mid-term cycle for the last 60 years (except 2 times). You might wait until then to pick up some O&G. I think a small V recovery after the buying opp, then a dip and then a small Dec rally. I am holding my value stock positions for now.

Farmer, you don't think June was this opportunity? Seems like oa1 thinks it was
irish pete ag06
AG
I will seriously get on there and listen to it
spud1910
AG
In Destin through next week, but depending on timing, I would love to get on a zooom. If it could be recorded and shared, that would be awesome as well.
BaylorSpineGuy
I'm in. I have surgery at 1 pm tomorrow but maybe Sunday evening?
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

I haven't posted about my webull account in a long time.

I rescued this from horrible trades in WWR and CLOV.

This is amazing. Was this mostly scalping, selling covered calls, or sit on hands? (Edit: i thought this was the 50k account. This was a $100 account?)

I'm down for a zoom, tomorrow probably works best for me too, doubt i can offer much unless we're just talking trash
Charismatic Megafauna said:

Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

I posted months ago, there will be a buying opp this year, happens every off-presidential mid-term cycle for the last 60 years (except 2 times). You might wait until then to pick up some O&G. I think a small V recovery after the buying opp, then a dip and then a small Dec rally. I am holding my value stock positions for now.

Farmer, you don't think June was this opportunity? Seems like oa1 thinks it was
The most likely time period for the market to develop an opportunity is from August to October. In the event of market weakness to develop and technical internals I monitor give the signal,...a successful test of the mid June S&P 500 Index lows could occur.

From a personal sense, I would like to see an XOM rally before the buying opp occurs. I want to sell the XOM Jan/2024 Leaps in the rally and buy back during the buying opp. I'm now thinking those Leaps should be deep ITM. We'll see. I would then resell Leaps in a rally. Speaking of a rally/bull trend..

Today, updating my numbers, - as for 2023 -, I continue to see the S&P 500 challenging 5,000. Last month, I was getting a time frame of somewhere between Jan/Jun. I think that time period can still hold true with the help of the Fed moving more dovish from hawkish in OND22. If Jerome is able to soft-land in 2022, it's more bullish. Otherwise, extend that time period forward 3 more months. Lot's of head winds in the world and this Administration can't get out of its own way to avoid crippling itself and the U.S. economy.

59 South
AG
Oh boy I got a potential massive accumulation stock to post soon. Need to be patient but will post as soon as I have some capacity to annotate the charts etc. it's a name that's been posted before but not much and I think 30k owns it. Might have some time tomorrow but traveling Monday night to Thursday so might have to wait, no rush
Ragoo
AG
OSTK?
59 South
AG
Ragoo said:

OSTK?

Nope
First Page Last Page
Page 5600 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.