Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,999,827 Views | 231603 Replies | Last: 35 min ago by CC09LawAg
Brewmaster
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
59 South said:

A couple of massively critical stocks especially for tech AMZN and AMD have recaptured and holding above 200 day so far this week.

Market breadth in this rally has been good, don't discount that just because of how you feel.

I entered (and posted) quite a few longer term stocks back in late June and all are green except OSTK. AMZN and SQ have been big winners in a short time. Getting the itchy finger to sell some calls out to September soon.
big AMD buys all morning. even the 110C's

flagging here, she wants more!
BaylorSpineGuy
Is harami cross* forming on the daily?
Ccutamu
Any of y'all that use Fidelity ATP having problems with it glitching/crashing a lot lately? I uninstalled and reinstalled this morning and it is still doing it.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Yes. I have started to use my tablet for intraday stuff.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Ccutamu said:

Any of y'all that use Fidelity ATP having problems with it glitching/crashing a lot lately? I uninstalled and reinstalled this morning and it is still doing it.

I always log off at 8:29 and reopen it at 8:31 and I haven't had problems since I started doing that.
wanderer
BaylorSpineGuy said:

Is harami pastry forming on the daily?
I didn't notice it until you pointed it out, but it's definitely there.
Lake08
Bought 3000 LYFT then sold the Aug 5 17.5 callsThe premiums are insane
wanderer
It's because LYFT has earnings today AH
Triple_Bagger
Ccutamu said:

No but I usually do if I'm charting in ATP. Do you have any charts open?
Lake08
wanderer said:

It's because LYFT has earnings today AH

Ya think??
BaylorSpineGuy
Talk about fat fingering something. Always got food on the mind. Tried to type harami cross but Yeesh….
Bob Knights Paper Hands
I'm going to start calling that a harami pastry, or just "the pastry", from now on.
HoustonAg2014
AG
Since I see OA is back or at least watching the thread a little. I am curious if SNDL is going to make a push? It was my favorite cover call stock and I know you put a lot into it. Needing a little guidance there.
59 South
AG
$NIO is coiling and looks like it just broke falling wedge today. Hard to tell exactly since I'm on my phone, but a break up says $24 in a blink.

Also maybe C&H on the weekly?
oldarmy1
AG
HoustonAg2014 said:

Since I see OA is back or at least watching the thread a little. I am curious if SNDL is going to make a push? It was my favorite cover call stock and I know you put a lot into it. Needing a little guidance there.
I do not like leadership who reverse splits their shares. My last covered calls expired in July, and I sold everything except the net free holdings. Reverse split stocks under $5 are notorious for failing and cycling multiple reverse splits. Especially disappointing when they have a huge stockpile of cash.

The only two I've ever had that made a huge ROI after a reverse split were Citibank and AIG during the financial collapse/crisis. Those names were too big to fail, and I bought into and post reverse split (when they both dipped some - per common expectation).

I actually had come in last night to post that I had sold my contact center business. No clue there would be grumps doing their thing, so left it at that.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I sold January 110C against all of my AMD shares at $12. I'm planning to cash these in on a pullback.
59 South
AG
Side note for Prog… I just call $TTD tiddies now since it's a fav of his, and I finally bought some back in June.

Need more of those 'TTD' posts of his… if you're watching bro.
wanderer

WWR at 17.50? OA you getting your tickers mixed up?
59 South
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

I sold January 110C against all of my AMD shares at $12. I'm planning to cash these in on a pullback.

Out to January?
59 South
AG
Something not right, he didn't post it till it was around $5 January 2021 or so, and it went to $11+ pretty quickly.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
I think he posted about it around that $3 mark. That was around the time RUBI was becoming MGNI. When it went up well over $10 he was saying that this was not expected and he thought price pumpers. In fairness there was a lot of positive post after that when it has bled off from the $5 range to the $1 range. At least that's my recollection of it.

Of course we all have ourselves to blame anytime we execute a trade.
krosch11
AG
Congrats on the sell!
Ccutamu
Triple_Bagger said:

Ccutamu said:

No but I usually do if I'm charting in ATP. Do you have any charts open?
Yes, but I always do and I've never had the problem.
Ccutamu
Bob Knights Liver said:

Ccutamu said:

I always log off at 8:29 and reopen it at 8:31 and I haven't had problems since I started doing that.
I shall try this.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Yes. I think this is really extended and the premiums are elevated.
oldarmy1
AG
wanderer said:

WWR at 17.50? OA you getting your tickers mixed up?

My guess is people didn't follow my, frankly, plea to get on a platform that allows you to trade pre/post markets.

I once said "you are not a stock trader if you don't have this because nearly every wild move occurs when volume is thin and easily manipulated." And secondly - "use shorting of a stock when you have calls and the stock is ballistic pre/post market. Remember AMC calls? I know some of you joined in on those when the stock was under $2.

We had a ton of the LEAPS and not a few days later the meme wars hit. I had no idea of that coming, I only saw AMC as a great LEAP opportunity. Our calls were small single digit strikes and when the stock raced above $25 premarket I posted I was shorting shares. The stock retreated to $13.46 that day to cover 50% and then in the $8's the next day to cover the rest. It shot back up a week later above $25 and I sold 75% of the calls. The rest is history as it went to over $75 where I missed the short fills and had to sell the remaining calls at the open.

59 South
AG
I remember that AMC trade well even though I didn't participate.

In other news, is that trendspider you're using now?

Hope all is well with everything!
Towns03
AG
30K, what's your latest take on $ARIS?

they had a great boost this week, then a 25% chop today...
oldarmy1
AG
Yessir...added it last year

And went back to my notes on WWR. It was a spike above $10 when sold (apologies). Fairly sure if someone does a lookup of the posts around that premarket spike I was posting sell, knowing it was too soon for the move to be a production-based move (wasn't slated to come on-line until Q1 2022) and that obviously was hit with shipment delays on just about everything.
Brewmaster
AG
BREwmaster said:

59 South said:

A couple of massively critical stocks especially for tech AMZN and AMD have recaptured and holding above 200 day so far this week.

Market breadth in this rally has been good, don't discount that just because of how you feel.

I entered (and posted) quite a few longer term stocks back in late June and all are green except OSTK. AMZN and SQ have been big winners in a short time. Getting the itchy finger to sell some calls out to September soon.
big AMD buys all morning. even the 110C's

flagging here, she wants more!
sky rockets in flight! ...

59 South
AG
Technicals indicate good chance of 109.50-110 before the profit taking. Bit of a squeeze potential now.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

Dude thanks for the heads up on this
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Bsg i finally tracked down a bottle of nolet's gin on your recommendation. Interesting stuff, will have to see if i can get used to how floral it is (is it rose or hibiscus?) but i definitely like it better than hendricks and most of the boutiques.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
oldarmy1 said:

I actually had come in last night to post that I had sold my contact center business. No clue there would be grumps doing their thing, so left it at that.

Congrats! Seems like you've been working on that for a while!
HoustonAg2014
AG
Ok thanks. Damn that's unfortunate. I've got a decent amount of SNDL. Might have to cut my losses after hearing that.
First Page Last Page
Page 5596 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.